Helping my dad break his smoking habits

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznsamurai82

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
United States
Hey guys my dad really wants to quit smoking but its very hard for him to quit smoking after all hes been smoking for 30+ years already which is horrible. So I bought him a mini ego with a clearomizer and hes very happy about it but lately hes been having trouble with the cleromizer saying the smoke is too strong that it hurts his throat but its not the nicotine level its the right amount but its just the vapor so im guessing the vapor is burnt. So what im asking for help is to find a tank thats easy to use/clean for a reasonable price and a brand of e-liquid that tastes very similar to Marlboro reds so that i can help him quit and move to vaping.

90quattrocoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Long Beach, CA
I am an older smoker also. I don't like clearos, because the wick is out of the top. For me to get a clearo to work well, I was always having to turn it upside down to help the wicking. I went to a carto tank, and 2.2ohm cartos. Worked better for me, and easier, but not as simple. Now I have some BBC (bottom coil cartomizer) Kanger protank 2s, and some Davide mini glassomizers on order. They are preorders.

I am going to try these because I think they will be simpler. You just have to turn the tank upside down to refill. Easier than a carto tank.

I would also get your Dad an ego-c twist. He can adjust the voltage a little, which will help him get a little better vape.

I have a couple of friend I have been able to get to quit smoking. I loaned them my Ego-C Twist, a couple of cheap tanks, and took them to a brick and mortar to have them pick out what juice they liked. A week later we order some stuff for them. It worked.

If you have your Dad try the carto tanks or the BBCs, make sure you get the wick saturated before starting to vape. Otherwise, you get a burn hit.

Greg W.

aznsamurai82

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
United States
I like the Twist and carto-tank suggestion.

But, I'm wondering why your dad was happy with his set-up at first and not now. Is the clearo ready to be changed? Is it just that he finally said something about it?

His setup is fine its just the vapor hes complaining about saying its harsh and that its strong for his throat so im assuming that the clearo needs to be changed but im getting him a dual coil carto tank soon.

aznsamurai82

Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
United States
You really need to get more specific. Did the flavor change? Is there too much throat hit? Does it taste burnt? If need be take a puff off his and see what the problem is.

To strong could be too much nicotine, too much PG, jsut the wrong flavor, whatever.

He said that it has to do with his throat hit saying its too "strong"

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
I would also say the carto-tanks,but the truth is,if he does not want to quit,then nothing will work. The Gym won't work if you don't go,or work out while your there. I am not being mean. How old is your dad? I smoked for 35 yrs. and have been quit for 2.4 yrs. when I could not breathe and was having coughing-choking fits,I said you have to do something. Mt.Baker makes a 'USA Blend',I mix it myself,so not sure what their premix is like,but I like the flavor,@ a 50/50 pg-vg,18mg nic. I hope he find his way to make it work.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
His setup is fine its just the vapor hes complaining about saying its harsh and that its strong for his throat so im assuming that the clearo needs to be changed but im getting him a dual coil carto tank soon.

But, was it ok at first? If so, he just needs a replacement or a cleaning.

There is another possibility. He may be getting dehydrated. Not drinking enough water will make the mouth and throat more sensitive.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Yes make sure he's drinking lots of water and maybe it's time to knock back on the nic strength. I smoked for 40 years, wow hate saying that lol and I started Vapeing 24 nic, after a month I stepped down to 18 and im still at 18 6 months later. I had some 24 from when I started and figured I'd Vape it, ouch to strong for me now.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
i would say if you have the cash, to invest in some protanks. they are easy to maintain, won't get corroded by some juices and has a coil you can simply screw out-screw in, changeable(bcc Bottom Coil Changeable). if you want to go cheaper you can rewrap your own coils for the protank, it's really easy and only takes a couple times to master it.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
First things first... we would need to know what is causing the throat issues. What juice is he using and what mix? Some people are sensitive to PG. How long has he been vaping? What Clearo is he using? The hundreds of Guru's here will need to know some specifics before any advise can be accurately given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread