Helppppp i'm trynna match....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo I just got this authentic 24k gold plated Patriot cap and i'm wondering what gold/polished brass mech mod would look flush/matched with the golden patriot. I currently have a stingray clone which ONCE was super polished and sexy brass but after a month and regular polishing, became brushed...
I'm planning to get a new gold/brass mod and spray that ish with maybe some rustoleum clear coat to prevent any tarnishing. Any thoughts/suggestions are welcawmmmm

banavy4e.jpg
2epumury.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
Nah, it doesn't vape. I do it for the ladies :pervy:
hahaha jk yeah it's pretty beast.

But how much do yall think gold plating would be??

well having something small like the body of a mod gold plated from a professional hard to say but my guess is $150-$200

Plug N' Plate® Gold Kit - Plug N' Plate® Brush Plating Kits - Caswell Inc

you might get way with using a kit like this.
some metals require you to plate something like copper first then plate the gold over the copper or the use of an "activator" so the base metal will take the gold plate. you need to do some research as to what type of metal the mod is.
i would recommend 10-14 karat gold plating for a mod if its something that you will use a lot. the higher the karat the softer the plate will be and the quicker it will wear off.

well having something small like the body of a mod gold plated from a professional hard to say but my guess is $150-$200

some metals require you to plate something like copper first then plate the gold over the copper or the use of an "activator" so the base metal will take the gold plate. you need to do some research as to what type of metal the mod is.
i would recommend 10-14 karat gold plating for a mod if its something that you will use a lot. the higher the karat the softer the plate will be and the quicker it will wear off.

woooow that's cool! I'm actually watching a goldplating video on a mod when you posted that haha. Thanks a bunch man! i'll deff think about DIY'ing myself :thumbs:

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA

Built circuit boards for years. First, cleaning in a 10% sulfuric acid bath. Activated in a sulfuric / palladium bath. Electroless nickel plate, .0003-5". Rinse. Immersion gold plate, .00002". Rinse and dry. The gold plating is rather soft though; it's only function is to prevent the solderable nickel from oxidizing. Hard gold is usually done with electroplating, but always over a nickel plated base.

There are lots of shops that specialize in just plating metals, I am sure plenty of them in the SD area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread