The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hendu battery “mAh” number?

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by qhkris, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. qhkris

qhkris Full Member

Sep 30, 2010
    NYC
    Just wondering what the Hendu battery mah # is? I see a lot of talk about mAh, and then there is also a second number (10440, etc.) that follows the mAh number… what is that number (for the Hendu), and what do these numbers actually mean, anyway?:confused:

2. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    I will answer this briefly just so you know we are not ignoring you.....and then I will ask Steve the Tech Guy to give you a more technical answer if you really want one. My answer is related specifically to our product and how you can expect it to behave in reality and is also specifically about Lithium Ion batteries which is what a SmokeStik is. This is NOT necessarilly a scientifically "correct" answer.

With the exception of the Pitbull which is not for sale at the moment...ALL the SmokeStik batteries have an optimum mah level of 180-200. mAh stands for milliamp-hours - essentially this is a measurement of how much energy is stored in the battery. The lower the number the less potential time the charge on that battery will last. HOWEVER...for the purpose of most ecigs that do not use removable batteries linear time is not the most accurate way to descibe "how long they last". The measure is puff count. How many times can you activate the switch that sends energy to the cartomizer in a sufficient amount to create the heat required to make vapor. By conincidence I just did a puff count on a new Royale battery today and got over 100 puffs.....and I did not use it until it asked to be recharged....I stopped at 102 because using the battery until it "dies" will decrease it's lifespan. It's better to recharge before that happens.

The Pitbull will have a rating of 250 mah and at peak performance.....ie brand new but conditioned (charged 3 times) should give 150-200 puffs.

The bigger the mah number the more potential energy there is. But there are also tradeoffs.....because big is also a literal term...as in size....so the higher the mah the bigger and heavier the battery will be. So mah can not be really used to decide what ecig is "best" or "better".....it is all about personal choice and what you want from your ecig.

this is already probably more than you wanted to hear. :) But if you have more questions please ask away......and ya...that actually WAS brief considering the question...wait till Steve gets here! LOL!!!!

so...ah....what did I do wrong THIS time????? was this thread closed for a reason???? Did I close it? One of my alters???? Steve.....part of your job is to save me from myself.....did YOU close it? probably that damn rabbit.........

3. qhkris

qhkris Full Member

Sep 30, 2010
    NYC
    Hi lorikay!

I didn’t close the thread (I wouldn’t even know how), but it looks fixed now.:)

Yes, by all means, no such thing as TMI. This is very interesting stuff. So, let me see if I have this correct so far:

Voltage = power. My Hendu is a 3.4v (or is it 3.7…?) , and the voltage relates to how warm the cartomizer gets, and how quickly the battery “delivers” the needed warmth to vaporize the juice in the cartomizer.

mAh = capacity. My Hendu is 180-200mAh. This doesn’t tell us how long a battery will stay charged, since there are too many variables on length of draw, length of vaping sessions, and frequency of vaping. It basically gives us a generalized idea of how much energy is held in each battery, and approximately how many puffs you get out of each charge.

So… what is the third number that I see many people referencing (e.g. 18650)? What does that number tell us?

Additional questions: (since you encouraged me)

Aren’t all ecig batteries Lithium Ion, anyway?

When will the Pitbull be available, and is it the same voltage as the others, or higher?

Lastly, if you made a higher voltage ecig, would the extra heat it produced simply “bake out” the flavor of the juice (by overheating it, essentially)?

Had enough yet?:laugh:

4. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Battery codes indicate the size of the batteries (i.e., 16340 is 16mm diameter and 34mm long and the 0 denotes cylindrical cell. Standard 16340s are about the same mAh wise as the Riva--750 mAh.

The power (heat) your PV generates is calculated using the Ohms Law:

Wattage (power) = Voltage/Resistance x Voltage.

For example, 3.4v battery and a 3.5Ω carto will generate 3.0 Watts [3.4/3.5 x 3.4 = 3.0]

This little calculator comes handy. Don't leave home without it (and without your trusty multimeter).:)

Online Conversion - Ohm's Law Calculator

5. bigblue30

bigblue30 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

May 10, 2010
    Saint Clair Shores
    As usual Lorikay13 is right on with her mAh explanation. The larger the mAh the larger the size and the more time it will run your device. This is true for cameras, cell phones, pdas, and of course e-cigs.
    Your second question about the number (10440) is the physical size of the battery. In this case the battery is 10mm in diameter and 44.0 mm long. For reference, this is about the size of a AAA battery.
    As far as the Hendu, it is obviously that a AAA battery size would not fit inside. The Hendu would be more like a 7400 (7mm X 40mm). I think it is incredible that something that small can work so well.

6. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    ah.....all I saw was the "V" word and already know I'm out of this one.....LOL! It will take one of the engineers to explain the correct answer to that....but the short answer is no...voltage equals nothing IN AND OF ITSELF in terms of an ecig.....there are too many other factors at work.....resistance.....amps....on and on......but voltage does NOT equal power...it is the potential.....here.....this should make your head spin and explain nothing usefull:
    WHAT IS VOLTAGE? moving on....

close enough for our purposes on the mah reading

the third number is just the model number....like 510/4081/KR808D-1......inside joke...sorry...beyond my control.....and okay.....what he said. hehe....size doesnt always matter.

I honestly cant answer that with any accurracy because I would be making an assumption and we all know what happens there......I stated that simply because the info I was giving was specific to L-ion batteries......see the thread about batteries for more info on the specifics of L-Ion batteries. And understand...again....if it's technical information your truly after there are MUCH better subforums and threads to go to.....Steve can direct you to the techie stuff.

lalalalalalala......lets see how long it takes the vultures to see this.....they are here. :) BUT.....don't start whining! Whiners will be publicly humiliated.....when the kits are ready and the prices are set then ya'll will be amoungst the first on the planet to know.....and yes...same voltage....classified as a 3.7 and clocked in to deliver 3.4 ....but a higher Mah......250mah. So WHEN NEW it should deliver well over 150 puffs.

RFLMAO!!!!! sorry...not laughing at you....not at ALL.....that is an EXCELLENT question.....and you just opened one of the biggest can of worms on ECF......

again.....voltage alone is meaningless......however in theory.....if all other things are kept equal....my personal opinion is yes......possibly. but it's still all relative.....

My advice....buy the Pitbull kit when it comes out and then quit reading!!!!! hehe.....

ah.....have you cruised through the entire SS forum.....possibly wasted some valuable time stalking me back before I came to SmokeStik? In short.....NEVER:evil:

oh jeez!!!! how rude of me! WELCOME TO ECF!!!! If your male.....we may be looking for a new mascot over at the harem.....hell.....considering the abismal performance of the current mascot...even if your not male.....can you clean a pool? Push the ON button on a blender? Your hired! (male or female....if you look like Axil Rose 25yrs ago....that rabbit is PB food!)

7. bigblue30

May 10, 2010
    Saint Clair Shores
    I would never close one of your threads......(evil laugh)

8. bigblue30

May 10, 2010
    Saint Clair Shores
    Looks like ever one woke up at the same time...

9. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    RFLMAO....of COURSE they did......new fish. :pop:

rabbit fight!!!!!!

10. sooperdrave

sooperdrave Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    Maine
    voltage=current x resistance
    power= voltage x current

(see, im learning stuff at school)

11. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    you are are you? well if you want to keep ruling the harem you better shift your focus. hehe

12. sooperdrave

Jul 14, 2010
    Maine
    soon as i get that 30% off code. :pop: lol

13. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    it's a good thing your so fast......

14. sooperdrave

Jul 14, 2010
    Maine
    ???? ????

15. qhkris

qhkris Full Member

Sep 30, 2010
    NYC
    Thanks! Sorry to let you down, I am female. Sooperdave is safe!

I am just digesting all the data, I may have to continue this tomorrow, but I’m having a blast!

16. sooperdrave

Jul 14, 2010
    Maine

17. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    I see you got the regular rabbit welcome qhkris....don't mind him. we sometimes let him think he rules - just to improve our chances of actually getting a drink delivered, or having the pool cleaned. welcome :)

18. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    well no....actually he isn't. like I said...good thing he is so fast.....but soon enough I will catch you my pretty!

19. sooperdrave

Jul 14, 2010
    Maine
    lol.
    hoppity hop!

20. lorikay13

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    well I cant catch that damn rabbit....but TWEET TWEET!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.