Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yeah, I don't consider that particularly healthy either. As a kid, I had TONS of falling dreams and (unlike many) I only woke up AFTER I hit the ground.

Honestly, my fear of flying is based around the memory of that sensation. I guess you could get me to do that.... If I got paid a couple million bucks. Etc.
I'm with ya -- I'm certain that would produce far more adrenaline that I'd care for. :blush:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Plenty of people are. Here's an example of some:

:vapor:

I was a skydiver for about six or seven years, it was some of the best times in my life. The adrenalin rush is very satisfying, but there was way more to it than that. There is a very strong societal bond amongst the sub culture, and there is a culture of safety within that community. BASE jumping is no different, but the risks are much higher. Outsiders will never understand what it is all about, most have a prejudice due to the innate fear of heights and the unknown regarding what all is involved in these practices.

Last edited:

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
But that apparently didn't change the long-term outcome?

It did then, but when I moved out, I went back to it

Maybe at 59 it is time to get out of your parents house. No more grounding for you!! :p

The worst thing in my house was getting caught doing anything wrong, you'd of thought my dad had been in the military. Things that people today would have called social services on. I moved out at 17 then became a homeowner at 19.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
It did then, but when I moved out, I went back to it

The worst thing in my house was getting caught doing anything wrong, you'd of thought my dad had been in the military. Things that people today would have called social services on. I moved out at 17 then became a homeowner at 19.

My parents loved me so much they emancipated me and moved to California. I was left behind in PA. So I was in the same boat. 17 years old, still in high school and living on my own with ZERO help from my parents. I lived in my car a lot my senior year. Showered at my friends and girl friends house. Been on my own since and at 45 I can say I have lived a varied and interesting life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread