Here we go again..TFA,TA,NDB,SM,AP,EM,etc..any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeedler

Aug 10, 2014
Oakland, MI
Ok I have finally decided to go for more tobacco flavor after dealing with only RY4D the past couple of weeks and spent $43 bucks on some new flavors.

I read through a bunch of posts on the forums about flavors and what they tasted like and decided on these flavors to use to make my tobacco Blends.

I am trying to get less sweet and a basic tobacco, smooth smokey flavor, with hints of the background flavors and some throat hit.

Any suggestions would be helpful as these will be the last I will be able to get for awhile.

I am thinking something like 65/35 mix 16 mg nic:
Yeah its a lot of stuff in there but I want to balance those flavors as best I can.
Are there flavors that are not worth using??
Or flavors that cancel out the other without being stronger?

.5% TA
3% Virginia
2% Western
1% Oak
1% AP
.5% Chocolate
.5% Commercial
.5% EM
.25% Caramel
.25% DNB
.25% Coffee
.25% Horehound

Here's what I have now:

Tobacco Absolute Diluted 50% in pga
Commercial Tobacco Flavor Concentrate (SM)
Virginia Fire-Cured Tobacco Flavor Concentrate (SM)
RY4 Double Flavor (TFA)
Western Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Red Oak Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Dirty Neutral Base (Inawera)

Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Ethyl Maltol 10% PG Solution (TFA)

Coffee Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Chai Tea Flavor (TFA)
Cinnamon Spice Flavor (TFA)
Horehound Flavor (TFA)

Chocolate Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Cheesecake Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Caramel Original Flavor (TFA)
Dulce de Leche Flavor (TFA)

Strawberry Flavor Concentrate (TFA)
Blueberry Flavor (Extra) (TFA)
Peach (Juicy) Flavor (TFA)

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:

RonJS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
SW Chicagoland, IL
I am trying to get less sweet and a basic tobacco, smooth smokey flavor, with hints of the background flavors and some throat hit.

Well perhaps not nuts...maybe just a bit impatient? :)

You might wish to explore using NETs for that basic tobacco flavor you are seeking.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liquid-extraction-tobacco/

I'm not much for sweet tobacco and using some pg NET along with various vendor flavorings got me what I want.
:2c:

Ron

jdeedler

Aug 10, 2014
Oakland, MI
Well perhaps not nuts...maybe just a bit impatient? :)

You might wish to explore using NETs for that basic tobacco flavor you are seeking.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liquid-extraction-tobacco/

I'm not much for sweet tobacco and using some pg NET along with various vendor flavorings got me what I want.
:2c:

Ron

Thanks! But this is it for a few months I have all the supplies to make what ever I want out of this stuff here.

I read about NET's a little those are basically steeped tobacco leaf for flavor oil right?

And I read about Tobacco Absolute and its basically extracted from the plant as an Oil.

What's the Difference? To me they are they same in most ways except you have to add back in the e juice a bit more.

I guess I'll go read a bit more and see what exactly is up with NET's.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The first thing I would recommend would be mixing each of your tobacco flavors in 5 or 10 mL bottles as single flavors. Taste each and determine what percentage you like for each flavor. Then try mixing different amounts of the single flavor liquids in a tank to see what works best together.

Then mix your other flavors the same, and try adding a touch to your blends to accent the flavor.
For my tastes the Coffee, Dulce de Leche and Chocolate are good accents, along with Kentucky Bourbon if you might have some.

jdeedler

Aug 10, 2014
Oakland, MI
The first thing I would recommend would be mixing each of your tobacco flavors in 5 or 10 mL bottles as single flavors. Taste each and determine what percentage you like for each flavor. Then try mixing different amounts of the single flavor liquids in a tank to see what works best together.

Then mix your other flavors the same, and try adding a touch to your blends to accent the flavor.
For my tastes the Coffee, Dulce de Leche and Chocolate are good accents, along with Kentucky Bourbon if you might have some.

Ok thanks, I do have some spiced rum!! :p I may try a few drops in the juice I have already made.

I'll check out the flavor when they get here. I usually taste a drop to see how strong the flavor is.

I am a Mad scientist type though and I am going to go research over the next few days and when the flavors
come I am more than likely going to go head first into this thing. :D

The cost is so cheap and I'll vape anything pretty much as long as its got nicotine in it....

As far as the chocolate, caramel, etc flavors those I want to taste barely while I am vaping and a little at the end.

The goal is to make the tobacco flavors peak which may take some time waiting.

From everything I have read Tobacco flavors seem to take a few weeks at least to meld right.

Some say months....That's something I will find out as I go along here I am sure.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
The goal is to make the tobacco flavors peak which may take some time waiting.

From everything I have read Tobacco flavors seem to take a few weeks at least to meld right.

Mixing them as single flavors and letting them sit a while will allow you to mix a small tankful, shake it up and see what it tastes like. Steep the tobacco flavors before you mix the liquids, it speeds up the process of trying recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread