Here's a briiiiiiiiiiiief introduction for PROTON & QA Thread ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come and check a brief introduction video of Proton!

These certain won't be everything about what Proton can do. We will make more videos if you enjoy this one!

*P.S: ask ANYTHING you want!

In this thread you are all welcomed to ask vape related/non-related questions. Whether is it about the Proton kit or other Innokin products, or about Innokin staff!

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Does the tank come with an rba deck?
There is an RBA deck available* (they call it "Scion RTA"), but it doesn't come with the kit.

*("Available" from two vendors apparently — one where it’s out of stock, and one that has the wrong picture up :redflag: )

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated
Does the tank come with an rba deck?

Also, I'd like to see a video showing how the power curve function works.
There is an RBA deck available for the Scion II, but it doesn't come with the kit, they are to be sold separately.

Phil has made a very specific review video (as he always did lol) about Proton and explained the curve function. Thanks for sharing the video @Opinionated !

BoxxerBoyDrew

Apr 27, 2018
Well I am looking into the Proton/Scion II Kit to replace my Cortex that just died on me a few weeks ago, and I have a couple basic questions for Y'all that I haven't seen answered anywhere else yet! First off I see where the top fill on the Scion II is now a "sliding top cap". Is there a button or a "catch" that keeps the top closed until I want to open it, or is it just held by friction (like the Smok Baby Beast I am using now that is my Son's)? Second does the Mod constantly/actively monitor and adjust with the resistance of the coil as you are vaping? That is a feature my MVP 3.0Pro and Cortex both have, but my Sons Smok products DON'T and is annoying to say the least! Lastly can the Plexus coil be used in Temp Control or is it just for use in Watt/Volt Mode? Well that's it for now, and THANK YOU INNOKIN for getting and keeping me Tobacco Free for almost 3 years!!!! Drew

Well I am looking into the Proton/Scion II Kit to replace my Cortex that just died on me a few weeks ago, and I have a couple basic questions for Y'all that I haven't seen answered anywhere else yet! First off I see where the top fill on the Scion II is now a "sliding top cap". Is there a button or a "catch" that keeps the top closed until I want to open it, or is it just held by friction (like the Smok Baby Beast I am using now that is my Son's)? Second does the Mod constantly/actively monitor and adjust with the resistance of the coil as you are vaping? That is a feature my MVP 3.0Pro and Cortex both have, but my Sons Smok products DON'T and is annoying to say the least! Lastly can the Plexus coil be used in Temp Control or is it just for use in Watt/Volt Mode? Well that's it for now, and THANK YOU INNOKIN for getting and keeping me Tobacco Free for almost 3 years!!!! Drew
Hello @BoxxerBoyDrew ,

Thank you for reaching out to us and let us know what you are wondering about the Proton!

First of all, the 'sliding top cap' design is derived from the original Scion tank and we have applied that on Ares RTA as well. The design allows you to push the top cap gently forward and there will be a place for you to refill ejuices. Please see the picture below:

TTHeRKY.jpg

Ps: hope the picture is clear enough since I took it with my phone :D

Secondly, yes. The Proton constantly monitor and adjust the coil resistances when you are vaping, you can always check the number of coil resistance in the operation screen.

Last but not least, the plexus coil can be considered as the upgraded version of mesh coil, however it's a kanthal coil, so you can only apply wattage mode to it and TC will not be an option.

Hope this helps, if you still have any questions about the Proton and Innokin, let us know!:thumb:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
First off I see where the top fill on the Scion II is now a "sliding top cap". Is there a button or a "catch" that keeps the top closed until I want to open it, or is it just held by friction
There is a spring-loaded ball-bearing under the lid that sort of “locks” it in place when it’s open or closed, but there is no latch or button. It slides pretty easily without too much force. It hasn’t been an issue for me, but I haven’t put it in a pocket yet, either, it’s still too pretty and new to leave my desk.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Just got mine in the mail about an hour ago. The only con I have is that it doesn't show you how many volts it's putting out unless the fire button is pushed. After you let go off the fire button it goes to 0 volts.
Yeah, a lot of mods do that. I do appreciate the "real-time" display, but I would prefer it to go back to the "calculated voltage" instead of the present-moment "0.00" when you're not actually firing. At least it doesn't show the useless (output) "Amps" number on the screen.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Any cons any proton owners have? I doing my research on them I really want one my cousin wanted to buy my smok t priv I wish I never wasted the money on this thing my cousin is guna buy hopefully an with the cash in buying the proton prolly this Thursday so can't wait

After dropping it and knocking the base out of whack on the Scion II and tapping it back into place with a rawhide mallet I get some seeping around the base at the bottom between the tank and mod. This is with the Scion RTA, which is a joy to build on and rewick, although getting the feed rate right between clean wick and dirty wick has been an issue (easy, change the wick, keep it clean).

I had an issue with TC being too hot but I think that was a wicking problem and after watching the part of Pbusardo's video on the Proton I figured out it's better to start hitting on TC instead of letting it warm up before puffing (that wasn't my too hot problem).

Nothing to complain about with the mod.

• Useful
Reactions: Ricknice1980

Ricknice1980

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2015
New Britain, CONNECTICUT
Just got mine in the mail about an hour ago. The only con I have is that it doesn't show you how many volts it's putting out unless the fire button is pushed. After you let go off the fire button it goes to 0 volts.
Yea my coolfire ultra does the same thing a lot of mods do that smok mods also do that to thanks for ur reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread