Heres my story

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregc4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
Vernon, CT USA
I stopped smoking 5-2-09 after having all four wisdom teeth removed and hearing horror stories about dry socket. So I bought the gum and quit smoking for 2+ years. This summer my friends and I attended a music festival in upstate New York (Phish Superball). For some odd reason I decided that I was going to smoke over the course of the weekend. Bad idea!!

I didn't smoke for around a week after that but found myself bumming them off my girlfriend when we went to happy hour and whenever we would have a drink (she is one of those that can go a week without smoking but will have a few when drinking). Next thing I know I'm at the gas station and the words "Marlboro Light Box" came out of my mouth. I also drank a lot more as an excuse to smoke and I'm a lightweight and really don't enjoy drinking anyhow.

For the next few months I was right back to around 30 a day. Most of my friends had started vaping back when I was a non smoker so I decided to give it a try. I was amazed at how well it worked and I have no desire to smoke a regular cig. They totally gross me out now. I decided to go with a low level of nicotine and have had no problems with the 14mg juice. I do eventually want to be nicotine free but I may just keep vaping due to the fact that I love the experience and the taste of the juices.

The wealth of information I have found on this website has helped me so much and the stories I have read also help to keep me on the path of no smoke.

Thanks,

Greg

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
There are about 50,000 stories similar to yours on this web site. it's proof that Ecigs can replace tobacco or at least cut a smoker down to a few a day and finally none.

Congratulations. Web sites like this have helped a lot of people who would otherwise given up on ecigs due to technical issues or misunderstandings of their use.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
What is dry socket?

To my lay-person understanding, dry socket is pretty much what it sounds like. If a tooth is extracted some conditions - like smoking - can cause the brand new hole in your head to dry out. It doesn't heal well and can be very painful. It requires going back to the dentist to have the socket/hole filled with a temporary packing to promote the healing process.

But I don't want to steal Greg's thunder here by going off topic! Congrats Greg! You found your way back to not smoking.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread