Here's something different from UWELL. The D2 RTA IS COMING SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
13912441_1586834218287132_993048719465169590_n.jpg

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
The D2 is on uwell's site now to purchase and ships 8/22.

Specs:
  1. Size: Width 24.7 mm x Height 70.3 mm
  2. Tank Capacity: 4ml
  3. Net Weight: 83 g
  4. Material: Stainless Steel & Quartz Glass
Product Features:
  1. Heat insulated drip tip
  2. Velocity style build deck
  3. Double glass tube top airflow
  4. Anti-leaking installation
  5. Small-bore chimney design to promote flavor
  6. Top filling

D2

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
The D2 is on Uwell's site now to purchase and ships 8/22.

Specs:
  1. Size: Width 24.7 mm x Height 70.3 mm
  2. Tank Capacity: 4ml
  3. Net Weight: 83 g
  4. Material: Stainless Steel & Quartz Glass
Product Features:
  1. Heat insulated drip tip
  2. Velocity style build deck
  3. Double glass tube top airflow
  4. Anti-leaking installation
  5. Small-bore chimney design to promote flavor
  6. Top filling

D2
I have one coming from Uwell and I plan on doing a full review on it including building and wicking. I am very excited about this considering its something different and Uwell has really been thinking outside of the box lately (for example the Rafale X RDA) And this is not your same old griffin style velocity deck bottom airflow RTA.

Reactions: Hyperspace

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
I have one coming from Uwell and I plan on doing a full review on it including building and wicking. I am very excited about this considering its something different and Uwell has really been thinking outside of the box lately (for example the Rafale X RDA) And this is not your same old griffin style velocity deck bottom airflow RTA.

I'll be looking forward to your review. I think the D2 might become my first RTA if it proves to be leak proof. Up until now I've avoided buying a RTA because it seems like every one of them users complain of leaking.

Reactions: ShowerHead

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I'll be looking forward to your review. I think the D2 might become my first RTA if it proves to be leak proof. Up until now I've avoided buying a RTA because it seems like every one of them users complain of leaking.

There is no such thing as leak proof. If air comes in one end, air goes out the other end, and there is an opening that allows the liquid to reach the air then it can leak. That's just basic physics. Take any tank design in the world and remove the wicks and they will all leak.

But that's also where most leaking occurs. It's all about the wicking. 99.9% of leaking complaints come from improper wicking. Failing to block the path of the liquid to the air with wick material.

And rest assured, if you get the wicking wrong on this tank it's going to leak too. It will either fill up the airflow or the chimney with liquid which will sit there in a pool until you try to hit the tank or set it on it's side. But when you do try to hit it the tank it will spit and gurgle, and if you set it on it's side liquid will drain out the airflow or chimney or both. Without the wick it's effectively a straw with a large hole in the side. It's going to leak.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
There is no such thing as leak proof. If air comes in one end, air goes out the other end, and there is an opening that allows the liquid to reach the air then it can leak. That's just basic physics. Take any tank design in the world and remove the wicks and they will all leak.

But that's also where most leaking occurs. It's all about the wicking. 99.9% of leaking complaints come from improper wicking. Failing to block the path of the liquid to the air with wick material.

And rest assured, if you get the wicking wrong on this tank it's going to leak too. It will either fill up the airflow or the chimney with liquid which will sit there in a pool until you try to hit the tank or set it on it's side. But when you do try to hit it the tank it will spit and gurgle, and if you set it on it's side liquid will drain out the airflow or chimney or both. Without the wick it's effectively a straw with a large hole in the side. It's going to leak.
In a way your correct but its in the same way as someone saying the sun is hot. Someone would have to be actively trying to get this to leak to fill the chimmey all the way up to the airflow with juice

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
Any updates?

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2015

Not quite. I take my K5, fill it with water, close the top cap. Now I remove the base while holding it upright. The water is still in the tank, and is not going anywhere.

Of course with no wick it would probably flood sooner or later, but it is not like it would immediately pour out all of the liquid.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Any updates?
Absolutely I got one from uwell that was a sample amd came broken however i got one somewhere else and its quite an amazing flavor RTA. Its slighlty restricted but has amazing flavor and has this weird top airflow that comes up and under the coil. The next day off I'm doing a written review because this is a good one. My new faves for RTAs. Uwell D2, OBS Engine, Sapor RTA and the Billow 2.5

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Not quite. I take my K5, fill it with water, close the top cap. Now I remove the base while holding it upright. The water is still in the tank, and is not going anywhere.

Of course with no wick it would probably flood sooner or later, but it is not like it would immediately pour out all of the liquid.

Try that, but remove all wicking and turn the tank sideways. What happens?

Doesn't leak in one specific orientation is not the same as leak PROOF. Saying something is leak PROOF means that it will never leak under any circumstances. Not that it won't leak if you perform certain steps and hold the tank in one direction. My Nautilus won't leak if I fill it with water, turn the tank upside down and remove the base. That doesn't mean it's leak proof. Quite the opposite, it will pour everything out if I turn it back over.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
my god.... I cannot listen to this video.

What is the reviewer thinking? Why would we want to watch a review that isn't for a released version anyway?
Beta version indeed.
Reviewers need to get a product as shipped to review. Yeah, get one early, but it has to be the retail item. No pre-production, engineering sample, beta, whatever. Retail item.
What do I care how this or that does or doesn't perform if it isn't the same thing I'll get when I buy one?
Geez!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Here's the newest review.

Saw that video, don't see much of anything in the super wide shot, should have done some closeups. But Danials video does have closeup shots. I was considering this tank, but it looks overly complicated, and as some here have pointed out, it's probably not totaly LEAK PROOF even with the double walls of glass. I don't see much else to make it any better then the Aromamizer Supreme Lite. I'll probably be passing on this one.

Last edited:

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Fantastic looking atty with some great new features !

But ... why can't they make this in the normal 22mm diameter?

I think that UWELL will sooner or later come to the realization that making this device 24.7mm in diameter was a big mistake on there part ... It will certainly 'overhang' on all the various mods I use.

Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread