Hey Everyone! Here to talk Juul lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The juul is fairly controversial as a device.
The juul isn’t bad for figuring out if you like vaping though. The devices tend to be fairly short lived. When (not if) it craps out on you there are many systems which offer both better and cheaper over time vaping.

Agreed. and ... agreed.

Juul is considered to be a few things in the UK - none of them good.

1. A joke.
2. a rip-off to the consumer
3. a money thirsty corporation more interested unnecessary repeat purchases and addicting high school kids.

Maybe when Juul lose the court case, we can say goodbye to their product and their despicable M.O.

All they has to do was make it refillable and not irresponsibly full of nicotine and nobody would have a bad word to say about them.

Basically... you can do much better for much less cash and send your business to a vaping company with a better approach to winning and keeping customers.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
The juul is fairly controversial as a device. It’s very small and vapes pretty well, but it is available only with refilled pods which volume for volume is a fantastically expensive way to buy juice. The other thing is they are available only in 50ml concentrations which is exceptionally high. This is often viewed as unethical because it seems to aim for maximum addiction with no opportunity for nicotine reduction. It is very common for an ecig user to gradually reduce nicotine level over time allowing them to eventually quit entirely. The juul system resists this.
There are several refillable compatible pod systems that do however. The advantage of a refillable pod is you get a wider range of available flavors and nicotine concentrations and cost drops dramatically.
Even further cost savings may be realized with more conventional systems. At the deepest levels, using a mod with replaceable batteries, DIY juice and an rba atty the cost goes down to well below a dollar a day. Tiny fractions of what even low cost pod systems cost. There is also the advantages of maximum vape quality and control of the vape experience in general. The sole advantages of the pod systems are size and convenience, and the premium charged for them is extremely high.

The juul isn’t bad for figuring out if you like vaping though. The devices tend to be fairly short lived. When (not if) it craps out on you there are many systems which offer both better and cheaper over time vaping.
They are also available in 30mg strength too. Which is a disappointment after vaping on 50mg lol

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
They are also available in 30mg strength too. Which is a disappointment after vaping on 50mg lol
In the UK and Europe, Juul will only be available in 18mg (or just under 20mg). They expect to sell millions. I expect a lot of vain people who 'play' at so-called vaping will be wasting vast amounts of money and still be smokers. A Juul with only 18mg is a vanity device. I wonder if Juul care?
The sooner they go bust or sued out of town or abducted by aliens or harrased by the IRS the better.
If a Juul gets you off the smokes, it's a good device. If you are still on that device a few months later you are a patsy. Some people like being a patsy of course. I cannot stop that.

Disclaimer. People in the US have a lot more disposable income than Europeans. Yes..sad but true. Curiously, tobacco is also cheaper in the US. This means my intolerance to Juul may be misguided because in reality it is actually not such a rediculous proposition for users the other side of the Atlantic. Please forgive me.
Real vapers do not want Juul in the UK. Do Juul care? They'll just truck on through with their 18mg zero cloud e-cigarettes and pretend they are gods or something.

Rant over. :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Holy crap DJ, don't hold back;
Tell us how you really feel.

:D
Ok. So my .... itches on the right cheek kind of low down. It may be an ingrown hair as my .... is quite hairy, but I’m not sure because I can’t bend that way.. I suppose I could post a photo though..

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Greasy thread - time to closer er down
Might as well. OP posted the same thing in 3 threads. I mentioned the first time I saw it that he never mentions smoking, or quitting. He never replied. Sounds to me like someone just beginning vaping, and wanting the coolest toys to go with his Juul.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
In the UK and Europe, Juul will only be available in 18mg (or just under 20mg)........zero cloud e-cigarettes.

One way to compensate for the lower concentration is to increase vapor production. And according to an article in the NYTimes, that is Juul's strategy.

"Juul is developing a pod that is higher in vapor.....the company hopes it will appeal to cigarette smokers who are accustomed to a bigger cloud....And by reducing the nicotine level, even while magnifying the effect of the nicotine, Juul presumably would be able to meet stricter nicotine limits in many countries."

Is Juul's purported strategy something evil? Is sub ohm vaping evil? Sub ohm vaping also has high vapor production and often compensates for low concentrations of nicotine.

Juul seems to be the whipping boy that vapers blame for everything bad in the world. I'm not convinced that Juul is worse than any of the others. They just are making more money than the others.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
One way to compensate for the lower concentration is to increase vapor production.

Juul seems to be the whipping boy that vapers blame for everything bad in the world. I'm not convinced that Juul is worse than any of the others. They just are making more money than the others.

You are not wrong. If Juul increase the vapor in the EU model that means more liquid used therefore more pods purchased (and maybe more batteries bought) by their loyal customers. It's a win win for Juul. It's also a red flag to those of us bullish enough to try and dissuade people from getting stuck on it for too long. It's a nice e-cigarette. In 50mg it's a serious player. Other than that I find nothing to admire in their plan. If an 18mg model leaves people smoking then I call that a lose lose for customers. I am happy to be wrong of course. Maybe the market really exists here in Europe.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Boy this merge thing is more confusing than a Washington DC freeway.

The Juul has certainly increased awareness of the availability of an e-cig that's for sure. It has also stirred up a lot of anger. Big money this, big tobacco that, and according to some it's the worst thing to face teens since acne and hormones were invented.

It's the apple computer of the vaping world. Like peanut butter and chocolate combined became the favorite candy, the Juul is popular as an analog alternative.

Vaping in general has been in the cross hairs of big brother and the tax collectors for a while now. The Juul is a big ole target for them now. My crystal ball shows me there'll be taxes levied on pre-made devices like Juul, Bo, Blu, Cue and the like. But I also see them being levied on store bought e-juice like they do loose tobacco for the diy roller folks. All with the promise "it's for the children"....

Vapers have been waiting with baited breath to see what kind of big crackdown the FDA will impose. Will the Juul be the reason the vape hobby becomes a thing of the past?

Heck no. There's too much tax revenue at stake here. Do you really think Mayor Doomberg and Governor Moonbeam types are going to let all that cash slip away like that? There's gold in them thar Juuls.

The one and only concern I have about the Juul device is all of the impending fakes that will arise (if they haven't already) with who knows what kind of liquid garbage inside those pre-filled puffers. To me, that is the issue nobody talks about that should be.

The Juul is here. It aint going away. The first post in this thread shows that there will soon be a big submarket of toys for making your Juul more 'cool'. Like the iPhone, there'll soon be all kinds of gadgets and gizmos geared toward the Juul. Heck, if it aint already, there'll be Juul forums and Fakebook sites. "My Juul don't work", "I want clouds"... You know the drill.

Who knows, the big issue in next US Presidential election may be 'to Juul or not to Juul'. One side saying "Juul is your friend" with the other shouting "Juul is causing global choas"... Then there's the next issue...All of those used pods killing the sea turtles.

At next years thanksgiving dinner instead of families yelling at each other over something Donald Trump did or didn't do they'll be arguing the merits (or demerits) the this thing called Juul while gas station owners laugh all the way to the bank.

Juul sold in WalMarts next to Marlboros? Could be....

Reactions: djsvapour

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Juul is certainly helping stir up panic about vaping in general. Nearly every question I ever get while vaping on a pod system is "is that one of those juuls?" I swear it happens like twice a week anymore. The thing that confuses me is that people seem to think the juul is something completely different and separate from vaping. That somehow these devices are worse than cigarettes and designed by the devil himself specifically to get kids addicted to cigarettes.

Reactions: djsvapour

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Juul is certainly helping stir up panic about vaping in general. Nearly every question I ever get while vaping on a pod system is "is that one of those juuls?" I swear it happens like twice a week anymore. The thing that confuses me is that people seem to think the juul is something completely different and separate from vaping. That somehow these devices are worse than cigarettes and designed by the devil himself specifically to get kids addicted to cigarettes.
Marketing is a fantastically powerful tool. It can destroy or save governments, convince vast swaths of the population to act against their own best interests, create whole economies out of nothing, or drive whole economies into the dust.

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
I only have good things to say about the Juul. I already converted my cousin over who was using the Aspire and got sick of the device issues. Up here in Canada the Juul is available at almost every gas station. It’s very convenient. If it wasn’t for the Juul I would not be two months smoke free at this moment (smoked 27 years).

For whatever reason a lot of people complain about the Juul or that it’s evil or very expensive. A pack of smokes up here in Ontario costs about $14 to $16 bucks or more ( I don’t care if you buy your smokes off the Indian Reserves in Ontario you don’t count). A pack of Juul pods is around $20 bucks without tax. One pod can last me about a day or two (use to smoke a pack in two days). Therefore, one pack of pods can last me almost 4 to 6 days. That’s still way cheaper than smoking. Moreover, let’s be honest as a smoker I never cared about the price. Heck if the cost of a pack was 30 bucks I would have still bought it. I remember being down in NYC back in 2016. With the conversion rate I bought a pack of Marlboro that probably cost me close to $25 bucks Canadian. I didn’t care every puff was worth it.

The Juul is so discrete and less of a mess. Over the weekend I had to use it when I was with my kids. I would sneak off for like 1 minute get my hit and return. No more making excuses that I needed to complete a chore so I could have a smoke and come back stinking.

I also really don't care about the taste of the pods. I just need the nicotine hit. Therefore, I don't care about refillable pods. Plus, I Have my RDA, and various Sub Ohm tanks to satisfy my true vaping experience.

Finally, Juul’s customer service is awesome. They sent me a replacement device within two days of my complaint. Try that with any other vaping company.

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I only have good things to say about the Juul. I already converted my cousin over who was using the Aspire and got sick of the device issues. Up here in Canada the Juul is available at almost every gas station. It’s very convenient. If it wasn’t for the Juul I would not be two months smoke free at this moment (smoked 27 years).

For whatever reason a lot of people complain about the Juul or that it’s evil or very expensive. A pack of smokes up here in Ontario costs about $14 to $16 bucks or more ( I don’t care if you buy your smokes off the Indian Reserves in Ontario you don’t count). A pack of Juul pods is around $20 bucks without tax. One pod can last me about a day or two (use to smoke a pack in two days). Therefore, one pack of pods can last me almost 4 to 6 days. That’s still way cheaper than smoking. Moreover, let’s be honest as a smoker I never cared about the price. Heck if the cost of a pack was 30 bucks I would have still bought it. I remember being down in NYC back in 2016. With the conversion rate I bought a pack of Marlboro that probably cost me close to $25 bucks Canadian. I didn’t care every puff was worth it.

The Juul is so discrete and less of a mess. Over the weekend I had to use it when I was with my kids. I would sneak off for like 1 minute get my hit and return. No more making excuses that I needed to complete a chore so I could have a smoke and come back stinking.

I also really don't care about the taste of the pods. I just need the nicotine hit. Therefore, I don't care about refillable pods. Plus, I Have my RDA, and various Sub Ohm tanks to satisfy my true vaping experience.

Finally, Juul’s customer service is awesome. They sent me a replacement device within two days of my complaint. Try that with any other vaping company.
Still 10 times what I pay. Whatever works for you works though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread