Hey everyone new member in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley Besau

Apr 14, 2019
Hey im stuck on trying to push more watts of of my box mod, I have a mosfet rated for 375 watts. I'm wondering if I soder a second one to it will I be able to put a coil build in that will pull 725 watts ? I want to averagely pull 600 watts from my mod will I just have to go Full Mechanical to be able to get around 700 watts? My batteries are rated for 60a pulse that's how i can build to pull so much from my mod, thanks in advance!

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello Stanley Besau, I have to ask what ohm coil or coils you are needing 600 watts?

And when it comes to mech mods (and even regulated mods to some extent), the Constant Discharge Rate is much more important than the Pulse Discharge Rating. As @Mooch can explain Pulse Discharge Rating, as I understand it to be measured in less than a second.

So for 600 watts, if you really want it. You're probably going to have to make the mod.

Stanley Besau

Apr 14, 2019
I use Clapton,alienand round wire. I've been vaping for a few years an want to start cloud chasing an going to cloud competitions. I've built the mod Im currenty writing about, I never hit my hard hitting mods for more then 1 second just cause of the really short meaning of "pulse discharge" I'm about safety I'm not trying to get hurt lol. Yeah I think I may just build a semi-mechanical mod with some sort of fuse to blow in case SOMETHING happens before my batteries get strained too hard

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My memory is that the most severe requirements for cloud chasing are physical not mechanical. Lung capacity, breath strength, stuff like that. The mechanical is where the money comes from so it gets played up a lot, but it’s more of an athletic event than expected. Just a weird one that requires different abilities.

You’ll probably get more mileage out of training with a nebulizer or something than building a custom megamech.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hey im stuck on trying to push more watts of of my box mod, I have a mosfet rated for 375 watts. I'm wondering if I soder a second one to it will I be able to put a coil build in that will pull 725 watts ? I want to averagely pull 600 watts from my mod will I just have to go Full Mechanical to be able to get around 700 watts? My batteries are rated for 60a pulse that's how i can build to pull so much from my mod, thanks in advance!

Check the datasheet. Your MOSFET is only rated for 375W for incredibly short amounts of time or only if the junction is kept at room temperature.

You aren’t dissipating 375W in the MOSFET though. The Rds-on max spec along with the current you are pulling will tell you how much power the MOSFET is trying to dissipate. Anything over a couple of watts and a TO-220 MOSFET heats up very quickly.

Forget the coil wattage when selecting MOSFETs. It has nothing to do with the power loss in the MOSFET. You can increase the current handling by paralleling MOSFETs but one will always turn on before the other and handle all the current for a very short time.

What coil resistance are you using? 0.19 ohms?
    What batteries are you using?
    In series? Paraseries?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hello Stanley Besau, I have to ask what ohm coil or coils you are needing 600 watts?

And when it comes to mech mods (and even regulated mods to some extent), the Constant Discharge Rate is much more important than the Pulse Discharge Rating. As @Mooch can explain Pulse Discharge Rating, as I understand it to be measured in less than a second.

So for 600 watts, if you really want it. You're probably going to have to make the mod.

There’s no definition for a “pulse” (it can be any length) and there’s no valid pulse rating for any battery. :)

Last edited:

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    ba8739591b2040a0ceda02a42c6e46a1--vape-e-cig-vape-tricks.jpg

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I don't know enough to discourage you properly, but I am discouraging nonetheless.

My KID (former asthmatic) has Michael PHELPS like lungs now. He was vaping my puny MTL setups complaining they all tasted "Burnt" until I actually watched the LENGHT and DURATION of his inhale, and the amount of vape that was generated.

I started yelling, "Stop killing my setups" and handed him a mod with an RDA to use. Even with a 05 build he was super, super cloudy.

Also to me "pulse" means SUPER short amounts of time, like a short, quick inhale, not what you are going for in cloud competitions where you may be preheating your coil, then dragging on it until you almost pass out then letting go (presumably) so even if pulse had ANY merit, well, YOU aren't PULSING.

I'm pretty certain my kid could have won any cloud competition he wanted to with a fairly modest setup.

A good vaper does not blame his vapes, or customize them to this extent. A good vaper works on his lung capacity. Try some swimming, you could even take a Legend in there with you to practice. It's waterproof.

Anna

• Love
    Reactions: Opinionated

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Reactions: Mooch
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread