Hey guys need a need coil setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmalinich

Jul 7, 2013
Missouri
Currently running a 3/4 wrap 30g kanthal and its vaping pretty nice, I just want alittle bit more vapor. I'm fairly confident with coil building skills and i'm doing the peter k method with 2nd wick. My multimeter just broke and I have a ohm meter in the mail. So i just need a safe coil set up that preforms a little better that my 3/4.

Thanks guys

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
6/7 kanthal 32 is 2.0 Ohms, more or less. Just depends what you're looking for. If you want more vapor, increase the VG percentage in the juice and lower your coils to 1.5, which will still fire on many APV's. Below 1.5, you either need a mechanical, or a Semovar. Vapor is really great around 1.1 - 1.2 Ohms with my Semovar with 80/20 VG/PG mix, with a lowered nic level (drop by about 6 - 8 mg/ml, or TH gets harsh from what you're used to). I don't do subohms, but I have no problem with vapor production at all, and my juice still vapes great, which is more important than just blowing flavorless clouds with painful TH, or no nic, as many subohmer's use. Just experiment around with different setups and juice and batteries and you can find your sweet spot. Important to understand that Battery University is great to learn battery safety, amp draw, etc. for safety, Ohm's law, and different wire and wick material. Then some time and a willingness to experiment, with some different juice, you can get to Nirvana. But remember, Nirvana is different for everybody, so no one can say where your Nirvana might be, and why you have to experiment to find it. Be safe...first and always. Battery University and Ohm's law is more important than everything else combined. Learn these over a few hours/days, then start your journey with the many YouTube videos, and within a relatively short time, you can figure out where your Nirvana is. Good luck, be safe!~

Kmalinich

Jul 7, 2013
Missouri
Thanks for the reply! I've been doing my research and brushing up on all the essential knowledge for rebuilding/safety so im good there. I have a magneto and chi clone as mechanicals also have an astro in the mail as well as a turbine clone, sold my provari so I don't have a good mod for higher ohms. Whats a good coild wrap for like a 1.3 ohm coil with my 30g. Im about to reup on supplies anyways and I think I'm going to get some ribbon wire and some organic cotton wicking.
6/7 kanthal 32 is 2.0 Ohms, more or less. Just depends what you're looking for. If you want more vapor, increase the VG percentage in the juice and lower your coils to 1.5, which will still fire on many APV's. Below 1.5, you either need a mechanical, or a Semovar. Vapor is really great around 1.1 - 1.2 Ohms with my Semovar with 80/20 VG/PG mix, with a lowered nic level (drop by about 6 - 8 mg/ml, or TH gets harsh from what you're used to). I don't do subohms, but I have no problem with vapor production at all, and my juice still vapes great, which is more important than just blowing flavorless clouds with painful TH, or no nic, as many subohmer's use. Just experiment around with different setups and juice and batteries and you can find your sweet spot. Important to understand that Battery University is great to learn battery safety, amp draw, etc. for safety, Ohm's law, and different wire and wick material. Then some time and a willingness to experiment, with some different juice, you can get to Nirvana. But remember, Nirvana is different for everybody, so no one can say where your Nirvana might be, and why you have to experiment to find it. Be safe...first and always. Battery University and Ohm's law is more important than everything else combined. Learn these over a few hours/days, then start your journey with the many YouTube videos, and within a relatively short time, you can figure out where your Nirvana is. Good luck, be safe!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread