Hey how are you? I'm new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
I'm interested in e cigs
I use a kaos mod with a baby beast tank. So far my favorite e-juice is Halo brand Tribeca. I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes per day for 35 years. I've been vaping solid now for 8 months.
Do you ladies and gentlemen go down on your Nick levels to try to quit or do you vape just because you like it?
I like it.
Wishing everyone well.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome to the family. I started at 24mg and am now down to 8-9mg. I don't work at lowering nic, just wait for my body to let me know it's time to step down mg. Doubt I'll go much lower than where I'm at. Know I won't quit vaping, love it and am very much enjoying the journey.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
At first to me it was a way to quit smoking which worked wonders, these days however i'm not sure i'd say it's more about the fun and because i like it, but i still need the nicotine so you could say i'm still in the process of quitting (even though i haven't smoked for like 6 months).

I also went down from 15mg at first, now at 6/3 mg depending on the juice i'm vaping (some taste better with less nicotine imo)

Welcome to ecf btw :) Hope you enjoy your stay with us !

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I'm interested in e cigs
I use a kaos mod with a baby beast tank. So far my favorite e-juice is Halo brand Tribeca. I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes per day for 35 years. I've been vaping solid now for 8 months.
Do you ladies and gentlemen go down on your Nick levels to try to quit or do you vape just because you like it?
I like it.
Wishing everyone well.
Welcome, Vaperer - Like you, I quit 8 months ago. And like you, Tribeca (18mg) was the first juice to make me say "Okay, this can really satisfy my urge." I also liked Indigo's Duke, but it became too sweet for me. After a few months, though, I started doing diy juices. I'm only down to about 14 mg, and will probably start dropping it to around 12 fairly soon - but I'm in no hurry. Like Letitia, I don't have a reduction goal. I'm just finding that I don't need as much any more.

Like QC, originally it was only a means to quit smoking, and I figured I might get tired of vaping and quit that too. But truth is, I always enjoyed smoking, but hated being a smoker - chained to the habit. Vaping isn't as safe as breathing only air, but safe enough that I don't worry too much about quitting it. I kind of enjoy the hobby & experimentation aspects of it.

Congrats on quitting!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi Vaperer. Welcome to the ECF.

When I switched, I used 24mg/ml as Day-2-Day and 36mg/ml to get over the Bad Cravings. But that was a Different Era using Different Hardware.

Since then, I have Reduced my mg/ml levels as the Hardware has evolved. And as I have distances myself from Smoking.

Today I use 6 ~ 9mg/ml. And many Times at night use 0mg.

I don't have a Strong Desire to go to 0mg completely. Or to Quit Vaping completely. But I don't Vape anywhere near as much as I have in previous years. So you never know.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi Vaperer,

Welcome to ECF and congrats on switching to vaping. I've been vaping around 5-6 mo now as well (I really need to look for my join date, as I lost my quitting banner, and no, I did not write my quit date down, LOL). I was such a heavy smoker I had decided up front that I wouldn't necessarily force myself to reduce nic until I was ready (I don't feel ready ATM) and I vape 18% nic, so when I am ready, I certainly have room to go down, but my plan was never to slowly wean myself of nicotine, it's a fairly useful thing for my brain, and well, if I die of a heart attack, that's kind of my preferred way to go, honestly. So, I have no major plans to reduce nic or stop vaping at this time. That may change, and as folks vaping styles change or their dependence on nic decreases, they often will reduce nicotine content.

I will say I can go far longer without vaping without discomfort than when I was smoking.

Welcome to ECF!

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Like you, I started with high nic (24) liquid. Over time, I've stepped down when it felt right. A great benefit of DIY juice is that it only takes a smidge of my liquid nic to bump up a bottle from one level to the next.

Welcome to ECF!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Love tribecca also!!! Been vaping 7 years and for more then 5 of those years been vaping rebuildables, so for me the hardware has been very similiar to what I'm vaping now...started at 24mg mtl and really never thought about reducing . I guess if your young and have a plan to stop vaping, then reducing might be best, but I'm in it for the long haul, so no reason to lower. I also personally feel vaping nic is not that addictive and feel that quitting from 6mg compared to 24mg is not much different. ..I think most people who drop, do it not really to lower in a heath aspect, but do it because of the punch they cannot handle going from mtl to dtl

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I'm vaping a Tribecca clone at 7.2mg. 100ml for the price of 7ml. :eek:

I was down much lower. I started on 18mg (2013) but e-cigs have got more powerful year after year so my total nicotine before vaping (mg x ml) is probably about the same.

I used 18mg at 7 watts.

I still vape 12mg at 14w, 6 mg at 30w, 3 mg at <60 watts.
It's all the same to me. I don't care.

AminyWin

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 7, 2017
China
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello and welcome.

I was a two pack a day smoker, and I made the switch initially using 18mg juice.

The first time I tried to quit vaping (after a year of being off the smokes ) I ended up smoking again, (long dumb story) and when I went back to vaping I did the exact same thing as the first time. 18mg nic.

I quit vaping a second time for a number of months (without returning to smoking ) but got a hankering and got out my vape gear and took a nice drag... which got me back into vaping these last few months. ..

But, now I don't really need the nicotine, I just happen to like it.. so I vape around 5ml a day of 3mg juice.

I figure I'll quit vaping again eventually, but now that I know I CAN quit it makes me feel peace, and im currently vaping for enjoyment.

I initially quit smoking 3-1/2 years ago.

You will find as time goes on you need the nicotine less and less, it's a natural progression for many. Nicotine helps you get through the initial withdrawals, and in time once your off all the other chemicals in cigarettes, you just don't need the nicotine as much.

AminyWin

Multiple ID Suspension
Dec 7, 2017
China
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Quitting vaping, for me, would mean smoking again. Actually though, vaping is practically cost free so i'd say that reason alone would keep me vaping rather than smoking. I have no intention of quitting vaping, lowering my nicotine consumption etc, in the same way i had no intention of quitting smoking, vaping is just better. I have been consistently vaping now for around five years.

It's practically impossible to stop smoking. Even if at some point in the past i managed to quit smoking, regardless of how long that lasted, i would definitely go back at some point.

Tapering off nicotine i would only be fooling myself. Giving up vaping would be a mistake. Eventually i'd go back to smoking and decide that vaping was no good and it didn't work.

When i started vaping i was using 45% nicotine liquid (45 mg's per 1000 (1000=mil) with a cig-a-like. Cig-a-likes don't produce much vapour so a high level of nicotine was necessary. And even though the cig-a-like didn't provide the satisfaction i thought i needed i continued to vape with it because i was suffering from cronic, relentless heart burn from smoking.

I moved on and progressed by researching, trying to find an atomizer which could provided me with the satisfaction i required.

Now i'm using so called "advanced" atomizers, rebuildables, and vape with 24% nicotine liquid.

I feel no need to change this current arrangement.

Vaping = smoking. Continuing to vape means i had absolutely no intention of giving up smoking.

I am left wondering, quite often, why people smoke. I had or have my reasons for doing what i do. Reading what others have to say about their reasons confuses me. It isn't just about the subliminal addiction to nicotine. For me it's about the conscious sensation i get.

I don't get that from using Proylene glycol, though some say they do, and it's comments such as this which confuse me. Lots of people get theirs from high power, again this confuses me because the same can be achieved using low power.

If i build my current coil it works for me at low power, which is ideal. I could build with thicker wire or use an exotic coil and use a lot more power. All this using the same atomizer. In any case this atomizer produces a sensation i require. I wouldn't use a lot more electricity to produce the exact same effect !. And as i said this atomizer works with any coil build.

Then i might read about an atomizer which apparently works but only with the right coil build...........? It works for them, and as subjective they say it is, they are still recommending it ?. This information is everywhere. And i remain completely confused.

Other information like flavour also confuses me too. Smoking tobacco is disgusting, it tastes awful. Though a lot of vapers, it seems, are more concerned about flavour than anything else. It just doesn't add up, not for me anyway. Smoke something for years on end which tastes disgusting, then when switching to vaping are now concerned with how it tastes !?. Didn't seem to matter to them before !.

My vapour taste bad, Choc fudge brownie/coconut, unsweetened !. May sound nice but isn't at all. When i'm not vaping that i vape Cappuccino unsweetened.

I'd say that it's very common for vapers to talk online about vaping being a "hobby". I kind of agreed with that for a short time but lost sight of why i was vaping to start with. Some refer to mods and vapourizers as "toys". Hobbies !, toys !, doesn't sound like vapers take vaping at all seriously.

Then i thought about the regulations that were being considered. It wouldn't have taken those concerned and involved with regulations much time to research and study the vaping community, via forums such as ECF, or over a prolonged period of time if they chose to, and treat it as evidence for the need for regulation. After reading, not about people/vapers/members concerned with health issues related to smoking etc, but hobbies and toys vapers are talking about. Gathering such data could only really lead to one result. So now the entire vaping world is regulated.

The evolution of online forums has been shaped by their members. There is a social structure which incorporates a kind of protocol. And it is a protocol which will remain unchanged. Reardless of how much damage it may have caused to the survival of vaping.

Forums are fundamentally about the promotion of the latest thing, but oddly, not by the forums or it's affiliates, but by the members.

There are no forums or even sub forums which are dedicated to actually dealing with addiction to nicotine/smoking. Maybe existing forums began with that in mind but as time went by members shaped those forums, not into a "smokers annonymous" type place but more like an adult toy shop. And it "will" continue, and regulations are more than likely to become more stringent.

After all there are lterally 10's of thousands of willing participants who can all take part in an ongoing online study who all have plenty to say about their latest "toys". With plenty of existing participants to help them to help themselves into expanding their "clique".

There really is no other place on earth for government officials to come to gather data/evidence on how the vaping community is evolving than an online forum.

Having said that though there are a few, just a few members spread out across the internet who do actually provide help to those who are looking for it. Those who are experts on the safety aspects of vaping are the ones i am referring to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Opinionated

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
When I first started, the nic really help me quit and I thought is was a good stimulant. After time, I found I could cut down ( saves some money and quality hassels--I DIY ) and did not miss it at all. While being at zero nic works for me, everyone has to seek their happy spot.
Do I like to vape? Oh yeah. New wick and home brewed knock your socks of juice, whats not to like.
re: Has your nicotine levels increased or decreased?

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
I would say not like smoking. Smoking has more than just Nicotine to addict the user.

Vaping itself might be physically and/or mentally addictive but far less than smoking.
That's a pretty good analysis How could a Marlboro cigarette taste the same for 35 years. It's not the same tobacco. I love cigarettes but a pack of cigarettes is $10. That's why I decided to switch to vaping and I also convince my wife to switch to vaping. But she has one cigarette in the morning with her coffee. I just Vape. We can now Vape as much as we want for very less money it would cost for cigarettes not including the health benefits.
On a side note my wife likes pina colada. She really likes Pluto's Paradise by moon but they are no longer making the product. I just reupted my halo tri so I got her Halo Malibu and she doesn't like it go figure.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined.
When I first started, the nic really help me quit and I thought is was a good stimulant. After time, I found I could cut down ( saves some money and quality hassels--I DIY ) and did not miss it at all. While being at zero nic works for me, everyone has to seek their happy spot.
Do I like to vape? Oh yeah. New wick and home brewed knock your socks of juice, whats not to like.
re: Has your nicotine levels increased or decreased?
Steady 12.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Vaping = smoking. Continuing to vape means i had absolutely no intention of giving up smoking.

I am left wondering, quite often, why people smoke. I had or have my reasons for doing what i do. Reading what others have to say about their reasons confuses me. It isn't just about the subliminal addiction to nicotine. For me it's about the conscious sensation i get.

I don't get that from using Proylene glycol, though some say they do, and it's comments such as this which confuse me. Lots of people get theirs from high power, again this confuses me because the same can be achieved using low power.

If i build my current coil it works for me at low power, which is ideal. I could build with thicker wire or use an exotic coil and use a lot more power. All this using the same atomizer. In any case this atomizer produces a sensation i require. I wouldn't use a lot more electricity to produce the exact same effect !. And as i said this atomizer works with any coil build.

Then i might read about an atomizer which apparently works but only with the right coil build...........? It works for them, and as subjective they say it is, they are still recommending it ?. This information is everywhere. And i remain completely confused.

Other information like flavour also confuses me too. Smoking tobacco is disgusting, it tastes awful. Though a lot of vapers, it seems, are more concerned about flavour than anything else. It just doesn't add up, not for me anyway. Smoke something for years on end which tastes disgusting, then when switching to vaping are now concerned with how it tastes !?. Didn't seem to matter to them before !.

My vapour taste bad, Choc fudge brownie/coconut, unsweetened !. May sound nice but isn't at all. When i'm not vaping that i vape Cappuccino unsweetened.

I'd say that it's very common for vapers to talk online about vaping being a "hobby". I kind of agreed with that for a short time but lost sight of why i was vaping to start with. Some refer to mods and vapourizers as "toys". Hobbies !, toys !, doesn't sound like vapers take vaping at all seriously.

Then i thought about the regulations that were being considered. It wouldn't have taken those concerned and involved with regulations much time to research and study the vaping community, via forums such as ECF, or over a prolonged period of time if they chose to, and treat it as evidence for the need for regulation. After reading, not about people/vapers/members concerned with health issues related to smoking etc, but hobbies and toys vapers are talking about. Gathering such data could only really lead to one result. So now the entire vaping world is regulated.

The evolution of online forums has been shaped by their members. There is a social structure which incorporates a kind of protocol. And it is a protocol which will remain unchanged. Reardless of how much damage it may have caused to the survival of vaping.

Forums are fundamentally about the promotion of the latest thing, but oddly, not by the forums or it's affiliates, but by the members.

There are no forums or even sub forums which are dedicated to actually dealing with addiction to nicotine/smoking. Maybe existing forums began with that in mind but as time went by members shaped those forums, not into a "smokers annonymous" type place but more like an adult toy shop. And it "will" continue, and regulations are more than likely to become more stringent.

After all there are lterally 10's of thousands of willing participants who can all take part in an ongoing online study who all have plenty to say about their latest "toys". With plenty of existing participants to help them to help themselves into expanding their "clique".

There really is no other place on earth for government officials to come to gather data/evidence on how the vaping community is evolving than an online forum.

Having said that though there are a few, just a few members spread out across the internet who do actually provide help to those who are looking for it. Those who are experts on the safety aspects of vaping are the ones i am referring to.

For many vapors, vaping does not in any way equal smoking.

I was beginning stages of emphysema more than likely, although I hadn't yet had the testing done.

I couldn't walk to my mailbox without taking rest breaks to catch my breath by the time I turned to vaping. Nor could I do housework for any length of time without my lips turning blue - there was so much damage to my lungs that I could no longer get enough oxygen.

Vaping rather than smoking turned that around... 100%. My lungs healed.. my doctors are thrilled.

I didn't want to smoke. By the time I was 27 years old (I'm 49 now) i tried to quit smoking about once a year.. tried everything to quit, hypnosis, the patch, prescription medication by the dozens. .. nothing I tried helped get me through the withdrawals enough to get free from cigarettes.

And I hated smoking. .. but I was addicted. I found nothing enjoyable about it outside of continual relief of withdrawal symptoms.

I lost my sense of taste due to smoking - got it back when I began vaping - something most people do which is why flavor is important to vapors.

But smoking? I couldn't even quit when they told me I had pre cancer cells growing in my throat - supposedly my entire throat is covered with pre cancer cells, had a camera down my throat to find out the problem, and that was it.

Doc said quit smoking now and it might not turn into full blown cancer...STILL couldn't quit.

It took vaping to free me from cigarettes because it helps with the hand to mouth habits and gives you enough nicotine to get you through the withdrawals.

But as I said before, for those of us who lost our sense of taste, and got it back after vaping for a while, flavor is everything. .. cinnamon roll is my favorite.

If you don't like the taste of what your vaping, perhaps look for something you actually enjoy. There is a plethora out there, experiment...

As for not understanding the hobby aspect - you don't have to.. but we aren't addicts anymore, save a ton of money every month because we aren't smoking anymore, and it's kind of cool and fun to try new things.

It's like kids with their latest Xbox games and newest electronics. . We are just older and vaping actually can be fun, because we make it fun.

No one need understand. ... for some, perhaps even most, it's a means to an end... some of us just play a bit here at our end..

In the end though, we are all different people with different tastes and different styles and reasons... and that makes vaping an individual thing. :) No one is wrong or weird, the point is that we aren't smoking anymore, and whatever helps do that for anyone is a definite win!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread