• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hey Navy folks! ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
I was in the Navy back in the days of Dungarees AND Utilities and coveralls. I was issued 1 pair of dungarees and 3 pairs of utilities up at Great Mistakes.

Just curious ... what is vaping policy on ships? Do you go out with the smokers?

Do they light the "vaping Lamp"?

Do the chiefs frown at vapers the way they frown at everything else? :D

former JO2; (<---What? It is really MC now?)
-Johntodd

Reactions: T.A.

its_dizzle

Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Kailua, HI
You gotta vape outside with the smokers. Hahah. Aint so great with the second hand. Smoking lamp is out no vape. Unless you're in the berthing then its all good. I would vape in my rack sometimes too or while in the head. Hahah!! Surprisingly there are a few chiefs who vape also.

Tell you what though. I was the last few with the utilities and i miss those damn things. Creases and all. Cant stand out with my uniform no more with the NWUs. BS. Hahah. Hope that answered your questions JO2.

Reactions: hairtrigga

Chnoubis

Feb 22, 2015
US Military
I was in the Navy back in the days of Dungarees AND Utilities and coveralls. I was issued 1 pair of dungarees and 3 pairs of utilities up at Great Mistakes.

Just curious ... what is vaping policy on ships? Do you go out with the smokers?

Do they light the "Vaping Lamp"?

Do the chiefs frown at vapers the way they frown at everything else? :D

former JO2; (<---What? It is really MC now?)
-Johntodd

John, I'm on the USS Carl Vincent alot of chiefs vape now a days and we argued the point to get are own vape pit which never closes even during unreps! We got away from the second hand smoke and loving it. I miss my utilities so much.

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Probably few that remember dungarees. I left the Navy after 10 years of service for the shallow water variant in 07 (yes I am 6ft. tall :)). Those chambray shirts and bell bottoms were comfortable once broken in. I liked the transition to the utilities as the "look" was more professional vice the old shirts with names written in sharpie. Even saw a few crows with a one line through the lowest chevron and the word "void".

I see a lot of vapers on base and it is indiscriminate across the ranks. JOs, senior O's, Chiefs, Warrants, junior enlisted we all vape, unfortunately outside in the smoke shack with the smokers. Its ok though as I have converted at least two smokers to the vape side. I moved to a desk job and stealth it all day long. I usually drink some smelly coffee so nobody pays attention to the scents from my desk.

Went to mustang school a few months ago and vaped all the time around my other classmates of assorted backgrounds. Nobody thought twice about it or really cared. My roommate was a previous smoker and vaper so he didn't mind if I vaped in the room and sometimes took a draw or two. We even had a few physicians assistants in my class and they totally endorsed it over smoking. I must say it was one of the most comfortable environments where I could vape and nobody would pitch a ...... Honestly I think they were comfortable around it vice being around a smoker puffing away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread