The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hey Tampa Bay Area!! Where's your favorite B&M??

Discussion in 'Florida Vapors Club' started by sereil46, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sereil46

sereil46 Full Member Verified Member

Feb 23, 2013
    FL
    Hello TB users!

I was thinking that I haven't really seen (or know of) a lot of B&M shops in the TB area.

I wanted to know what places other people like to go and why.

I'm always traveling around the bay area and it would be nice to know where to go to check out (based on other user opinions).

Since I'm new, I only know of two places. There is a small shop at Brooksville's Airport flea market on Spring Hill Dr. during the weekends, and there is Tampa Vapor in S.TPA just south of Neptune on Dale Mabry.

Thanks in advance

2. RXDI

RXDI Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Tampa
    Tampa Vapor and Totally Wicked. Both on Dale Mabry in Tampa.

3. classwife

classwife Admin
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Ask The Vets Mgr
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Those are the only two that I know of.

4. El_tecolote

El_tecolote Moved On

Apr 10, 2013
    Yes, sadly.

5. switchblade

switchblade Full Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Florida
    There are actually quite a number of them beginning to pop up here on the St. Pete side of the bay.

There's Smoker's Vapor which is near 66th St and Park Blvd. They are a decent beginners shop, with mostly eGo clone kits. I honestly not a fan of there liquid either. So, the place isint my style, but a good for picking up cartos in a pinch, and a spot to send people who are interested in getting started, they have knoledgeble and friendly staff. I belive they are opening a second store around 66th St and 118th Ave.

Then there is good old SmokTek. They used to be strictly an online vendor, but just recently opened a booth in the WagonWheel flea market. They are great for the more advanced user, with a number of mech mods, VV/VW devices, and RBA s. There are a few other small booths in the fleamarket trying to hock crappy chinese analog equivelents, but SmokTek is the only one out there worth their salt.

Then there is Lizard Juice around Park Blvd and Seminole Blvd. They also are geard toward beginners, with mostly just eGo kits. They definatly have a style they are trying to clutivate, and if they expand into more devices, this may be a cool place.

You also definatly cannot leave out Volcano, who now has a booth in Tyrone Square Mall. So if you want to pick up a Lavatube or some decent liquid, they are definatly worth a stop.

Worth mentioning also is that pretty much every 'head shop' in the area has one or two eGo or analog equivilant kits with and a small selection of eliquid.

My father and I are debating as to wether we should open up a place. Ecigs really seam to be taking off in popularity in this area, and i think it would be great to have a place that caries more advanced stuff, and not just 10 colors of eGo and some Stardust tanks.

6. JayTater

JayTater Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2013
    tampa fl
    YTS (Your Tobacco Source) is on hwy 92 in the seffner area, right across from Armwood. The guy in there is really helpful. He does his own mixes on juice, and has at least 75 different flavors available with testing cartos and lip condoms. I've bought almost all of mine and my wife's stuff from them.

7. JayTater

Aug 10, 2013
    tampa fl
    Oh, can't forget about Big Top Flea market. Last time there, there were 3 different vendors. Gator Vapor, Vapor Rising, and another guy that does all 100% VG juices.

8. jaynole

jaynole Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2012
    Lakeland, Fl
    There are 2 Purely Vapor locations, the one I visit is on Kennedy, just west of Dale Mabry. It's nice inside, picked up some Kanger heads a while back before I started rebuilding them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

9. KSMYLES

KSMYLES Full Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Tampa
    yes someone should open an advanced vape store in Tampa!!! E-cigs are def getting popular here :)

10. daesania

daesania Full Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Brandon, FL
    What kind of "advanced" vape do you mean?

Tampa vapor is starting to sell supplies on modding. I believe the guy said they were thinking of doing classes too.

11. JayTater

Aug 10, 2013
    tampa fl
    Absolutely!! We need more places that carry more than the standard eGo stuff.. Purely Vapor has the SID and MVP1. Lizard Juice in St. Pete has a couple VV 3.0's, and Gator Vapor has the Vamo 2. Mechs and Kicks, Gennies are nearly impossible to find.

12. venemous

venemous Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Pinellas Park, FL
    Skycastle Vape, new shop on Gulf to Bay in Clearwater across from the original Hooters. JUST opened shop, they are having a soft opening event this weekend. Inventory is kind of limited juice from a couple vendors, lots of ego batteries, APV's, a few mech mod clones and RDA clones.

13. SonHouse

SonHouse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2013
    Seminole
    It's already been mentioned but I usually hit SmokTek. They're close to me and have the good stuff. If you get put on their local list, you can order online and drop by to pick it up.

14. JayTater

Aug 10, 2013
    tampa fl
    I just spent nearly an hour talking with Bradford at YTS ( the vape shop on 92 by Armwood High School). He is incredibly interested in graduating into the more advanced products. It seems that he may be looking into putting some genny's, mechs, and other good stuff on his shelves in the future. He truly has a passion for the vaping end of his business. Out of all the local shops I've gone to, which is at least 15, he has the best local vendor, PERIOD. Mind you, they still have a large following of "ryo" folks, and there is smoking allowed, but the vaping scene has begun to seriously take over the shop. Please stop by and spend a half hour trying out the samplers, there are nearly 400 of them LOL. Incredibly helpful, and he won't steer you wrong!!

15. mogium

mogium ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2011
    St pete florida
    Lizard juice is also on 4th south of gandy and there is a smoke shop north of gandy on 4th that carries volcano ecigs and halo juice

16. douglasp

douglasp Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2013
    Brandon fl
    clean smoke in Brandon in shopping center by providence rd on 60 mostly joytech and juice

17. BIG CL0UDS

BIG CL0UDS Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    Spent a few hours in Tampa Vapor hanging out with the owners. They are a couple of very nice guys trying to stay ahead of the curve. They had all the basic ego kits, evods, kanger pro tanks etc. They also had the evic, magneto, innokin 137 along with quite a few other mods and also had a few rebuildables like the rsst, octopus and z attie along with all the supplies mesh, wire, silica. There had about 60 different kinds of juice that they make in house and they said they are always trying to come up with and think of new flavors and perfect their current flavors. Anyways, I highly recommend you check them out if you are in the Tampa Area.

18. delmuth

delmuth Full Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Land O Lakes, FL, USA
    My favorite shop is Digital Hits over on 56 between fowler and fletcher. Dang good e liquid and great customer service.

19. JayTater

Aug 10, 2013
    tampa fl
    All of his liquids are just Hurricane Vapor... I personally won't go back after paying what I did for my SID, then seeing what he wants for the kit on the website. I felt raped...

20. Davetampa

Davetampa Full Member Verified Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Tampa
    Actually, I've been strategizing how to setup a Vapor/Java Bar that also retails high end mods. Who's with me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.