Hey there hi there I'm new here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veux114

Jan 7, 2018
So I've been vaping for quite some time now(2 years now) and I have recently run into a string of bad luck with tanks. I have been mixing my own e juice as of recently as well, on the past 3 tanks I have had all of them gave the same deal breaker. After a few days of vaping pretty heavily the o rings at the top of my tank begin to enlarge. They grow just slightly, but enough to soil the seal and start to bend the ring and tear it. Either it leaks out the vents at the bottom or I get a extremely dry hit. I am able to remedy the situation temporarily by putting the enlarged one in the freezer for 30mins, but this only solves the problem for an hour or so.

I believe either I have the worst luck in the world with tanks or maybe something is wrong with the juice, I'm not sure. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reactions: stols001

Veux114

Jan 7, 2018
Welcome to ECF. Might want to mention your gear, wattage, coil Ω. and how often you vape for help.
My apologies, tank is valyrian, just came from u well crown 3
I'm rocking the smok alien 220w tc
Quad coil 0.15 ohm
I usually vape about 3ish ml every 2-3 hours.
My juice is 0.05% nic, 35/65 vg/pg mix, about 12% flavor in volume.
I usually have it set to about 90-100 W

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I could see the possibility of that being hard on your O-rings, PG can be quite harsh, and flavor percentage is somewhat high (what flavor?)

I'd replace the O-rings in the tank with something sturdier, I imagine it came with replacement O-rings and if you haven't used them yet, I would do that. Also if you measure the size you can sometimes get O-rings made of different materials which can really sometimes make a difference. Can purchase from many vape shops, maybe Amazon, or even your local hardware store...

Best of luck, that's a nice tank and I hope you get a chance to enjoy it. :)

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My apologies, tank is valyrian, just came from u well crown 3
I'm rocking the smok alien 220w tc
Quad coil 0.15 ohm
I usually vape about 3ish ml every 2-3 hours.
My juice is 0.05% nic, 35/65 vg/pg mix, about 12% flavor in volume.
I usually have it set to about 90-100 W
Did you mean 35pg/65vg? If you are using 65pg that is too high pg for the tanks you are using. I would use a minimum of 70vg for my final recipe. Have you tried max vg with 3-5% distilled water instead of adding pg?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
With max VG (which is what I use) you can really go up to 10% distilled water if you want. More than that isn't advisable, but I was surprised at the difference (in a good way) that DW added to my vape, since I am fairly PG sensitive and can't use it other than flavoring. Temps were lower in my tanks, but flavor was improved as well. :)

Anna

Veux114

Jan 7, 2018
I could see the possibility of that being hard on your O-rings, PG can be quite harsh, and flavor percentage is somewhat high (what flavor?)

I'd replace the O-rings in the tank with something sturdier, I imagine it came with replacement O-rings and if you haven't used them yet, I would do that. Also if you measure the size you can sometimes get O-rings made of different materials which can really sometimes make a difference. Can purchase from many vape shops, maybe Amazon, or even your local hardware store...

Best of luck, that's a nice tank and I hope you get a chance to enjoy it. :)

Anna
Thank you oh so very much, I will definitely try a higher vg for the replacement o rings, after I give them a solid clean, this batch was 8% cheesecake (loreal) and 4% lime flavorings. If that doesn't work I'll definitely try to find some different material on rings after that. I'll let you folks know, thank you all again for the input.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Citrus / the lime flavorings can be very detrimental to some o rings & plastics, depending on what brand some are down right caustic. Be sure you're using flavorings that are okay to vape.

To me 12% flavorings seems about double too much, again depending on which flavorings you're using.

If your o rings don't make a complete seal you will have wicking (dry hits) & leaking problems.
If the wicking material is scorched it will cause slow to no wicking (dry hits) and leaking out of the air inlets.
I use 50/50 in every delivery device Ive used or even tried, never had a single wicking or leaking problem caused by pg/vg ratio.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thank you oh so very much, I will definitely try a higher vg for the replacement o rings, after I give them a solid clean, this batch was 8% cheesecake (loreal) and 4% lime flavorings. If that doesn't work I'll definitely try to find some different material on rings after that. I'll let you folks know, thank you all again for the input.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Glad you solved your problem and please let us know.
Might like to read:
http://best-e-cigarette-guide.com/e...cigarettes/sub-ohm-vaping-perks-and-problems/
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
https://spinfuel.com/sub-ohm-vaping/http://www.discountvapers.com/battery-safety/
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/7-information-resources-for-your-first-rba.4454/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/ecf-sub-ohm-advisory.562106/

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread