Hey to everyone - Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beritt Nielsen

Oct 4, 2021
Denmark
Hey all.
I’m still pretty newbie to vaping.
I was given a Smok species, that worked okay with only a few hiccups, as it kind of having a life on its own - seen the voltage change by itself even though the screen was locked
Well learned to live with that
I got this really annoying problem basically thanks to my boyfriend
He borrowed it since he forgot his own Smok Scar 18. When I got it back he had switched out my TFV-Mini V2 5ml tank with his TFV9 2ml
To no surprise it’s leaking and had to buy a new tank, only problem is that the tank is stuck on the mod, the treads broken. I have removed the glass and coil in my attempt to get it off. Nothing has worked and I’m out of ideas.
If someone has the answer, you’ll save me quite a lot of money from buying a new one ☺️

Best regards

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, Beritt. About all I could suggest is a rubber band (for grip) and a pair of pliers, if needed, for leverage. In my opinion, and probably more than 2 or 3 others here, I would steer clear of Smok products. Some have used them flawlessly, but most have not. That company is not particularly well known for the quality of their products.

eta: putting the device with a hard to remove tank in the fridge for 15 minutes or so might help too.

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Rubber gloves will give a good grip as well. Took me a while to realize that you don't have to screw down hard on your gear. If you have to use pliers or vice grips pad the tank with a soft but sturdy cloth and only grip the metal part of the tank, not the glass. Second the warning about Smok products. Have heard more complaints about them than any other brand.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    putting the device with a hard to remove tank in the fridge for 15 minutes or so might help too.
    Great idea Somd.

I'll add, if that doesn't work, try the freezer for 15 minutes. Metal to metal will contract more at lower temperatures.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Hi Beritt and welcome to the ECF. :)

Smok mods are very well known for their very poor quality. It wasn't all that long ago when we would see someone posting nearly every other day about problems with their Smok mod.

Which e-cig or brand would you recommend?
    Not too expensive, about the same price range and preferably using the same 18650 batteries
    Take a look at the GeekVape Aegis Solo or other GV mods. There are many here who have Solo's and are very happy them. I have a few Solo's. It is an excellent quality mod.

The Innokin Coolfire Z80 is another mod that comes very highly recommended on ECF. Everyone I know who has one is very happy with it.

FWIW several folks here have more than one Solo and/or Z80, or multiples of both. IMO you can't go wrong buying either one.

Good luck and I hope that helps.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    If you're looking for a dual battery mod, check out the original Geekvape Aegis Legend or the Vaporesso Gen series (Gen, Gen S, Gen X, the Gen X would be the better choice). The Wotofo Mdura Pro is good, and IP67 rated like the Legend.
    I have an Mdura Pro and I like it. Works decent. Ok price. Better shape and size than the Aegis.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    EjuiceConnect has a pretty stellar sale right now. Prices already reduced, and then a 35% code to bring the prices down to the lowest you're going to find on the internet atm assuming they still have any in stock. I'm not entirely sure they'll ship to Denmark, so you'll have to check that. I'm also not sure about how stringent your country is on current vape equipment, so whatever happens after they ship it is at your own risk.

upload_2021-10-6_2-30-3.png

Below I will link a list of quality gear they currently offer that still have some colors in stock. All of these I own at least 1 of, and can verify the quality with the exception of the Geekvape Aegis S100 mod - the 2021 Z tank on them are absolutely wonderful, however. The prices listed below have applied the code "CVD35" (35% off) - there is also a $200 order cap. If you're wondering if I've put any orders in with them, the answer is yes - twice. I capped out on their 40% off sale, and have also ordered during their 35% off sale. Also, all of these mods have buck boosted chips to meet or exceed expected performance. The list is in no particular order of quality or cost and completely disregards Temperature Control (TC) performance, which I never use. I simply added them as I looked through:

**Some items I would greatly recommend like the GeekVape Obelisk 200W Kit, but I didn't list them because they're currently completely out of stock.**

GeekVape Aegis Legend/Aero Mesh Tank 200W Kit - $38.99 - Dual 18650 batteries, a bit larger in hand but can take a beating being IP67 rated for dust/dirt, shock, and water proof to 1 meter of water. Aero Mesh is a decent tank and is compatible with several different coil brands.
    https://www.ejuiceconnect.com/Geek-...p/aegis-legend-kit-geek-vape.htm?1=1&CartID=1

GeekVape Aegis X/Cerberus Tank 200W Kit - $38.99 - Same as Aegis Legend above - absolutely huge screen which is elegant, but probably makes it slightly more fragile. A bit more rounded out aesthetically than the Legend which to me, looks and feels better. Cerberus tank is about identical to the Aero Mesh tank in quality - they both take the same coil.
    https://www.ejuiceconnect.com/Geek-...-Starter-Kit-p/aegis-legend-kit-geek-vape.htm

VooPoo Drag X Plus Pro 100W Kit - $25.99 - Single 18650/20700/21700 battery, a good mod if you're sticking to low (below 0.3-0.4) ohm premade coil heads ("sub-ohm tanks") and not running exotic builds (high ohm/big coil/dual coil RTA/RDTA/RBA), good quality pod tank, decent flavor/cloud performing coils.
    https://www.ejuiceconnect.com/VooPo...-99-p/voodoo-drag-x-plus-pro.htm?1=1&CartID=3

Vaporesso Gen S/NRG-S Tank 220W Kit - $25.34 - Dual 18650 batteries, good performance and feel, do not over-tighten or jerk on the 510 connector (where the tank attaches). NRG-S tank uses the same coils as above in the Aero Mesh and Cerberus tanks. Performance is similar. Likely less leaking issues. Huge 8mL juice capacity with bubble glass.
    https://www.ejuiceconnect.com/Vapor...er-Kit-p/vaporesso-gen-s-kit.htm?1=1&CartID=4

Lost Vape Grus 100W Kit - $22.67 - Single 18650/20700/21700 battery. I have 2 of these and have not actually opened either of them yet because I own the 8V big brother version of this - the Ursa Quest. Based on reviews of what I've read about the Grus, you can expect similar performance at a slightly reduced 7V output. The pod tank used on this is similar to the ones that I got on my Lost Vape Thelemas and perform quite well. The UB pro coils taste better in the higher end of the recommended wattage range, which I don't generally do except with this tank and the NRG-S tank listed above.
    https://www.ejuiceconnect.com/LOST-VAPE-GRUS-100W-KIT-34-88-p/grus-100w-kit.htm?1=1&CartID=5

GeekVape Aegis Legend 200W Mod Only - $32.49 - Same as the first link, but no tank included.
    https://www.ejuiceconnect.com/Geek-...-p/aegis-legend-200-mod-only.htm?1=1&CartID=6

GeekVape Aegis S100 (Solo version 2) 100W Mod Only - $21.44 - Single 18650 battery - I do not own this mod, but do have a few of the Aegis Maxes which are the 21700 battery version in regards to the chip/performance. I hope they addressed the battery cap thread issue in the updated version. I have not run into any issues with the battery cap yet on the Maxes, but I also haven't been unscrewing/screwing it in every day replacing the batteries like others have who are running into the issue. Alternatively, you can take out the rubber seal under the battery cap, but you'll lose the water proof portion of the IP67 rating this mod has. Performance wise, I'd imagine it performs just like the Max and it definitely meets performance expectations. 8.5V max output.
    https://www.ejuiceconnect.com/Geekv...-32-99-p/geekvape-solo-2-mod.htm?1=1&CartID=7

Lost Vape Thelema Quest 200W Kit - $25.99 - Dual 18650 batteries. A bit bigger in hand (almost the exact same as the Aegis X), but absolutely gorgeous aesthetic if you go with the non-carbon versions. The transparent plastic battery cover looks awesome if you're into that. It has the Quest 2.0 chip which is the same as the 8V Ursa Quest and I cannot be happier with this kit. The pod is great as mentioned in the Grus above, and flavor tastes best on the higher end of the recommended wattage range. Also uses the UB Pro coils.
    https://www.ejuiceconnect.com/Lost-.../lost-vape-thelema-quest-kit.htm?1=1&CartID=8

GeekVape Aegis S100/2021 Z Tank 100W Kit - $28.59 - Same as the Aegis S100 above, but comes with the 2021 Z Tank which to me is one of better tanks I own - I own 5 of them if you catch my drift. The GeekVape Z-series coil is known for it's decently long life and great taste/performance; they're also in the mid to cheaper end for premade coil heads which are currently around $2 per coil. If you ask me if the 2021 Z Tank is worth $7.15 over just the mod, I'd say yes 1000x over.
    https://www.ejuiceconnect.com/Geekv...-Kit-43-99-p/geekvape-solo-2.htm?1=1&CartID=9

Some of these only have 1 color still available - hopefully they will ship to you, and you can find something you like here. If you have questions, feel free to ask away.

The CoolFire Z80 kit as mentioned above is an amazing one, but it will likely cost twice what anything on this list costs. Also, the Zenith II tank that comes with the kit is restricted direct lung - not likely something you're accustomed to if you're used to TFV tanks. It does however perform great.

Last edited:

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I forgot to mention that HealthCabin is also running a pretty decent sale right now. Golden Week Offer - HealthCabin Almost all of the above items are also available there with many more colors, and might even be cheaper after S&H, than coming from the US.

I will note that one kit that wasn't available at EjuiceConnect that is available at Healthcabin is the Freemax Maxus 100W Kit.

Freemax Maxus 100W Box Mod Kit

The mod is buck boosted and accommodates a single 18650/20700/21700 battery. The real kicker however is the Fireluke 3 tank that comes on it which is my favorite overall sub-ohm tank and definitely my favorite flavor producer (also chucks clouds). The coils also last forever. For $20, this really can't be beat. I'd pay $20 for the tank alone.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread