The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hey yall

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Countryboy06bw, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Countryboy06bw

Countryboy06bw Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hey yall, I'm new to all this ecig stuff, but i must start out by thanking all of you for your posts. I spend the good part of yestarday just reading posts to find out what would be good fer a starter. I ended up going to cignot.com and ordering the 510.

A little bit about myself. I am 21 and currently unemployed. I started analog cigs when i was 14. I simply started bc my grandmother passed on and it hit me hard. The only way i found to cope was to copy other ppl in my family, smoking. I live in the tobacco state of South Carolina. The Main reason i decieded to try this was to save what little money i have and to see if it's good enough i can help my parents as they are both heavy smokers(3 packs a day between the 2 of em). Well thats about it fer me, if anyone has any questions about myself, please feel free to ask:)

2. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Welcome to the forum CB. As far as helping your parents - nice intention but they will be having to decide for themselves of course. Probably the best way to help them do that is by demonstrating that yourself with your new 510. I smoked the last cigarette the day I got my 510 and I was a 3 pack a day smoker. That was almost 6 months ago.

So learn all you can about the 'how to's' that are available here and the stickies above. And be a good example for them. And have fun at it too.

3. soylent

soylent Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2009
    cincy, oh
    Welcome to ECF!

Smokers that aren't ready are pretty closed minded to vaping in my experience. I'd suggest just leaving one of your 510's juiced up and charged laying around and let curiosity get the best of them. Then they'll feel they're making the choice and not getting "pushed" into anything.

4. Countryboy06bw

Countryboy06bw Senior Member ECF Veteran

Please allow me to clarify, my parents are curious, but they are using me as a guinnee pig. If i like it, then they each want to order a starter kit. for them its not really the taste or brand. bc of the economy, id venture to say they just about smoke anything, full flavor down to light. To them it's almost more habbit than desire. They have tried to quit many times in the past few years and it ended in them pickin up the ole cig again. I believe they intend to try the ecig as they have been very open minded and enjoyed the info i gave them from the research i did on different websites and from here as well. they almost seemed more excited about it than me, but as i said before, im the test subject.

5. soylent

soylent Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2009
    cincy, oh
    That's a completely different situation then. There is a very good chance they'll be able to cut down with a pv or even completely quit.

It was a habit for me and I wanted to quit. I would find myself putting out cigs early because I really didn't want it, but needed it.

It's been 3 months since I got my first 510... I haven't bought a pack since. And my story isn't really even anything special on this forum. What happened with me is very common.

I see a lot of vaping in your family's future! :D

6. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Oh that's different! :) Well, all you have to do then is jump through the hoops. I predict 3 non-smokers in a few weeks.

7. kase

kase Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    Everett WA
    I think they're going to be jealous and try to steal yours!!!! Tell them they just have to wait until theirs come in ;)

8. BardicDruid

BardicDruid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2009
    Central Texas
    Sounds kinda like my parents, "we'll let him try it first and if it doesn't kill 'em it must be ok". But then again I've always had an adventurism spirit, and if e-cigs had existed before they passed on, I would do the same as you.

9. jerrydon10

jerrydon10 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Ahhh......Sad tale, Bard.......:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.