Heya everyone ! Meet me, and i need help LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan Luz

May 3, 2019
Whats up people? My name is dan.
I am glad to be part of the community.
Looking forward to share conversations with you.
I will now post one the conversations i would like to talk about:

I bought the smok nord 2 days ago,
i started vaping a 70vg/30pg 0nic e-juice.

Note that i am at the age of 21, i don’t usually smoke, and this is the first time i have decided to try vaping.

The first ever time i had quite threatening side effects so i immediately stopped using it for the rest of the day.

The side effects were:
Uncomfortable feeling and Mild-to-light chest pressure/pain,
Dry eyes,
Headache.

The other day i decided to use it once more but with some precautions,
I then got a bit used to it i guess and still had some other side effects that started to make me doubt what i am using...

The side effects were:
Phlegm,
A little bit of breathing shortness,
Dry lips,
Itchiness in the back.

On the third day, aka now.
I woke up, i used it a little, and suddenly i feel as if my body is trembling and having tremors, after a while i started coughing as well. Dry lips and itchiness popped up as well...

Should i be worried, let alone doubt the e-juice i bought?

Please notice that i am asthmatic and highly sensitive to certain things so it wouldn’t surprise me to have another kind of allergy to one of the ingredients.

I am allergic to-
Nuts, Peanuts, Almonds, Sesame, Dust-mites and Latex.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, dan Luz.

It might be one or more of the flavorings in the liquid, or it may be that your body and VG and/or PG don't get along too wel, or it could be the juice itself is of a low quality. Does anyone you know use the same liquid? It would help a lot to know what kind of juice it is, where you got it, and the manufacturer.

Reactions: dan Luz

dan Luz

May 3, 2019
    Welcome to ECF, dan Luz.

It might be one or more of the flavorings in the liquid, or it may be that your body and VG don't get along too wel, or it could be the juice itself is of a low quality. Does anyone you know use the same liquid? It would help a lot to know what kind of juice it is, where you got it, and the manufacturer.
    It might be the flavoring, it might be another major ingredient, it might be an allergy of some sort, it might be the fact that i am asthmatic...

Btw The e-juice im using is:
    Ciggy juice - cool watermelon (watermelon and strawberry on ice)

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Whats up people? My name is dan.
    I am glad to be part of the community.
    Looking forward to share conversations with you.
    I will now post one the conversations i would like to talk about:

I bought the smok nord 2 days ago,
    i started vaping a 70vg/30pg 0nic e-juice.

Note that i am at the age of 21, i don’t usually smoke, and this is the first time i have decided to try vaping.

The first ever time i had quite threatening side effects so i immediately stopped using it for the rest of the day.

The side effects were:
    Uncomfortable feeling and Mild-to-light chest pressure/pain,
    Dry eyes,
    Headache.

The other day i decided to use it once more but with some precautions,
    I then got a bit used to it i guess and still had some other side effects that started to make me doubt what i am using...

The side effects were:
    Phlegm,
    A little bit of breathing shortness,
    Dry lips,
    Itchiness in the back.

On the third day, aka now.
    I woke up, i used it a little, and suddenly i feel as if my body is trembling and having tremors, after a while i started coughing as well. Dry lips and itchiness popped up as well...

Should i be worried, let alone doubt the e-juice i bought?

Please notice that i am asthmatic and highly sensitive to certain things so it wouldn’t surprise me to have another kind of allergy to one of the ingredients.

I am allergic to-
    Nuts, Peanuts, Almonds, Sesame, Dust-mites and Latex.
    Hi and welcome,

If you are not vaping to stop smoking cigarettes.
    JUST STOP VAPING.

Cheers
    I

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    If you’re an asthmatic who never smoked so you do not need to use vaping as a means to quit smoking, I’d suggest not to vape.

And I’ll add, some people are allergic to some ingredients, pg is a known offender. But I’ve never heard a list of symptoms such as you claim. Pardon me for saying, but it sounds more like hypochondria.

dan Luz

May 3, 2019
    If you’re an asthmatic who never smoked so you do not need to use vaping as a means to quit smoking, I’d suggest not to vape.

And I’ll add, some people are allergic to some ingredients, pg is a known offender. But I’ve never heard a list of symptoms such as you claim. Pardon me for saying, but it sounds more like hypochondria.
    Welp, overall you are correct.
    However, trust me when i gave you the list of effects in the above haha.
    I had them felt physically.

dan Luz

May 3, 2019
    I dont "usually smoke" I have a gazillion allergies, so I took up vaping.
    I had threatening side effects. (So I started vaping again, the very thing that gave me threatening side effects in the first place, again)
    :pop:
    LOL.
    You are completely right!
    However, i did not feel any chest-pain or headaches since the first day i tried so me trying again was legitimate imo.
    Although i do have a ton alot of other bad effects haha.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Welp, overall you are correct.
    However, trust me when i gave you the list of effects in the above haha.
    I had them felt physically.

Well, I could put a cast on my leg, although my leg is not broken, and I could complain that it itches, rubs my ankle, gives me hives, and made my hair fall out. You know what people would suggest? Take the cast off! You don’t need it!

I mean I’m not against vaping just to vape, although it makes no sense to me. It makes all the sense in the world to vape to quit smoking, but really, the best thing for lungs is not inhaling stuff you don’t need to inhale.

You already have compromised lungs due to your illness. Any exacerbating activity ought to be ceased.

Some of the symptoms you mention do happen. Some due to pg, but others due to nic, which you say you’re not using. So you should not have those. It sounds an awful lot like you found those on the Internet and Applied them to yourself.

Other symptoms I have never hear anyone have from vaping. I’m not doctor, but hypochondriacs also feel that all of their symptoms are real. They’re not lying about them

I don’t know what the case is for you.
    But let me tell you, the most sensible thing to do is quit vaping.

I’m just saying, YOU asked, and that’s my opinion.

dan Luz

May 3, 2019
    Vaping is above all else a way to stop smoking or provide a less harmful alternative to it.
    If you have for some reason decided to vape recreationally and you perceive it to be causing you health problems, stop.
    I do smoke shisha from time to time.
    I definitely don’t have these kind of reactions.
    The idea of giving up huge amounts of smoke and the good flavor is satisfying to me.
    So i wanted some sort of portable device that could give me the same experience.
    But in the end it seems as if it’s worse than i had expected...

dan Luz

May 3, 2019
    Well, I could put a cast on my leg, although my leg is not broken, and I could complain that it itches, rubs my ankle, gives me hives, and made my hair fall out. You know what people would suggest? Take the cast off! You don’t need it!

I mean I’m not against vaping just to vape, although it makes no sense to me. It makes all the sense in the world to vape to quit smoking, but really, the best thing for lungs is not inhaling stuff you don’t need to inhale.

You already have compromised lungs due to your illness. Any exacerbating activity ought to be ceased.

Some of the symptoms you mention do happen. Some due to pg, but others due to nic, which you say you’re not using. So you should not have those. It sounds an awful lot like you found those on the Internet and Applied them to yourself.

Other symptoms I have never hear anyone have from vaping. I’m not doctor, but hypochondriacs also feel that all of their symptoms are real. They’re not lying about them

I don’t know what the case is for you.
    But let me tell you, the most sensible thing to do is quit vaping.

I’m just saying, YOU asked, and that’s my opinion.
    I do vape for a reason,
    I smoke shisha from time to time.
    I definitely don’t have these kind of reactions.
    The idea of giving up huge amounts of smoke and the good flavor is satisfying to me.
    So i wanted some sort of portable device that could give me the same experience.
    You are saying stuff that actually mean alot and I appreciate it.
    But i am not known for being hypochondriac.
    I dont believe in it either unless i feel it myself.
    And all the things listed above are real physical feelings. I am not making up any of this.
    It is not contradicted that my body does react differently to vaping certain chemicals. Thus i do not oppose it as an option.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Lol, what?
    I was kidding, Dan.
    Did you just try one brand of juice? Some juice is just off, for what ever reason.
    Could be a contaminated coil or tank.
    Might be you just arent designed for vaping with all your allergies, intolerance's and asthma etc.

dan Luz

May 3, 2019
    I was kidding, Dan.
    Did you just try one brand of juice? Some juice is just off, for what ever reason.
    Could be a contaminated coil or tank.
    Might be you just arent designed for vaping with all your allergies, intolerance's and asthma etc.
    Haha,
    I did try only one Brand,
    Ciggy juice - cool watermelon (watermelon and strawberry on ice)
    Barely smoked 2ml though since it all just happened from the beginning really fast.
    I doubt the coil or tank are contaminated since they are new, but that's a good point.
    I highly agree that i most likely am not fitting for the vaping category, however, i do want to try vaping 100% pure VG e-juice before accepting that theory.

Reactions: Jebbn

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Hi Dan. Vaping is not the same as shisha. Your symptoms are all over the place making it impossible to attribute to a particular aspect of vape juice. What you're vaping not only includes known VG and PG, but unknown flavoring ingredients. Given your history of multiple allergies and asthma, the best answer remains stop vaping. Trying to tease out what particular component is causing the problem is virtually impossible, and given your medical problems ill advised.

You're an adult and free to make the decision to take up vaping despite being a nonsmoker. But I think you've proven it's not a good activity for you. I don't know what hey're suggesting on Reddit, but given your health problems any advice other than stopping becomes a medical decision which should never ever be made on either a forum or Reddit. Go see your doctor. Maybe they have some other ideas for you to try without risking your health.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread