HH.357 made in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
Well I know Hanna and I know his attys and on that I base my honest opinion, your claim is not true. Over 3700 posts and you come up with this? Jeesus... and yet a fellow European firing blank cartridges. You just make us all look good...

What the F does that mean? I know EMonty very well, and none of you would have a Punched Carto in a tank if he didn't give it to the ECF Community! He's bringing up a very important issue as far as I'm concerned. Keep to the issue of a Post and don't bring in the "My Side Your Side" babble. I believe the point here, is that the marketing strategies for many seeking to make a buck in new technology is to rally behind that good 'ol US of A, support US made products, Made in the USA mumbojumbo. Global Communication is the reason we all live more exposed lives...not the old My Team against Your Team RA RA RA! As a consumer, I believe EMonty is exercising his Freedom of Inquiry and calling on the Manufacture to simply prove his claims. Should we trust something JUST b/c someone says so. He is not denying the integrity of the product, just the Manufacturing claims. If the claims are false, then indeed why are we paying such a premium. If the seller wants to truly compete in a market and secure a quality product with a USA Stamp on it, then show the people your assembly line. Validate the costs and everybody's happy...OR don't make the claim...Just sell a very high quality, really expensive product...Case Closed! Seems like whenever there are hard times in the States, people get so defensive, and carry on with this U.S.A.! U.S.A.! cheer. I like to be a well informed consumer, and know who I give my $'s to and what for. Is everybody responding to this Post with such resentment ready to lable anyone trying to gain information in an OPEN FORUM as a Communist?...Wow, you all should travel more...out of The States that is...

Last edited:

Kalimero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Helsinki
What the F does that mean?

It´s the fear of someone saying this:

I know EMonty very well, and none of you would have a Punched Carto in a tank if he didn't give it to the ECF Community! He's bringing up a very important issue as far as I'm concerned. Keep to the issue of a Post and don't bring in the "My Side Your Side" babble. I believe the point here, is that the marketing strategies for many seeking to make a buck in new technology is to rally behind that good 'ol US of A, support US made products, Made in the USA mumbojumbo. Global Communication is the reason we all live more exposed lives...not the old My Team against Your Team RA RA RA! As a consumer, I believe EMonty is exercising his Freedom of Inquiry and calling on the Manufacture to simply prove his claims. Should we trust something JUST b/c someone says so. He is not denying the integrity of the product, just the Manufacturing claims. If the claims are false, then indeed why are we paying such a premium. If the seller wants to truly compete in a market and secure a quality product with a USA Stamp on it, then show the people your assembly line. Validate the costs and everybody's happy...OR don't make the claim...Just sell a very high quality, really expensive product...Case Closed! Seems like whenever there are hard times in the States, people get so defensive, and carry on with this U.S.A.! U.S.A.! cheer. I like to be a well informed consumer, and know who I give my $'s to and what for. Is everybody responding to this Post with such resentment ready to lable anyone trying to gain information in an OPEN FORUM as a Communist?...Wow, you all should travel more...out of The States that is...

Before knowing or understanding half of this:

Hanna is a friend of mine. Since he is not allowed to post here, I will post my thoughts in his defense. Please note this post is copied from google plus. The poster that started this thread also started the topic with someone one google plus. Here was my response:

Hanna lived about an hour away from me until a few weeks ago. I have not only vaped and hung out with him, but watched him make these (atomizers). He does this by hand. He designed them, builds them, tests them, and primes them. Now, if you bring china parts to the USA, and pay employees minimum wage to assemble them, there gonna be close to the same price and the quality wont be there, because they don't have a passion for it like Hanna does. As far as a video goes, not everything in the vaping world is "open source". Why would a manufacture want to share the secrets that go into something that works so well? The Pentagon says they have the best security system around, yet we have never seen a video of how it works and what the components are. Funny though, he started producing the atomizers because people were contacting him to make them after he posted a "How to" on them. Seems like the average vaper could not do what he did but still wanted this product. Please also remember, Hanna is a manufacture of the product, not the retailer. I know Hanna's profit margin, and I think its quite fair for what he does. I went crazy building 5 atomizers.

I rest my case,

Go USA ;)

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
Hanna is a friend of mine. Since he is not allowed to post here, I will post my thoughts in his defense. Please note this post is copied from google plus. The poster that started this thread also started the topic with someone one google plus. Here was my response:

Hanna lived about an hour away from me until a few weeks ago. I have not only vaped and hung out with him, but watched him make these (atomizers). He does this by hand. He designed them, builds them, tests them, and primes them. Now, if you bring china parts to the USA, and pay employees minimum wage to assemble them, there gonna be close to the same price and the quality wont be there, because they don't have a passion for it like Hanna does. As far as a video goes, not everything in the vaping world is "open source". Why would a manufacture want to share the secrets that go into something that works so well? The Pentagon says they have the best security system around, yet we have never seen a video of how it works and what the components are. Funny though, he started producing the atomizers because people were contacting him to make them after he posted a "How to" on them. Seems like the average vaper could not do what he did but still wanted this product. Please also remember, Hanna is a manufacture of the product, not the retailer. I know Hanna's profit margin, and I think its quite fair for what he does. I went crazy building 5 atomizers.

Great reply, and thank you for the information! This is a very constructive and worldly way of responding. ; )

Thank you SNjVaper!

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
It´s the fear of someone saying this:

Before knowing or understanding half of this:

I rest my case,

Go USA ;)

Kalimero - Thank you for Identifying yourself in this Shakespearean Cast of Characters. It is the Fool who does not question. Why does someone need to go to The Source, when Public Forum is available? If someone questioned my integrity publicly, than it opens itself to much more scrutiny. If I can back myself up, than I will do so...OR, I don't have to repond at all. VERY simple! Welcome to the New World of Information Exchange...It's amazing how inflammatory people get when someone stirs the pot...Whether you like or dislike the personality of the person Posting, it is second to the content. Inquiring minds...should be put on a List?!?! "Off with their heads!...they might stir the roost!!!"

Last edited:

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
I can speak to this from direct experience.

First, here is how the HH.357 atomizer came to be for those who are unfamiliar with the history.

Before the HH.357 atomizer existed, it was a tweak that Hanna came up with by applying the physics phenomenon known as the Venturi Effect to atomizer airflow. At that time, he called his method and result The Improved Seal and Vacuum Mod. Hanna was taking various manufacturers' 306 coils and putting them in a 510 sleeve and creating a vacuum seal that drastically altered the way airflow was directed towards the atomizer coil. His methods were published on an e-cigarette blog in December of 2010 so that vapers could try to make them on their own. I noticed the post about 5 months after it was published.

I never tried to make one myself, but I did email Hanna and asked him if he would make two atomizers for me. He agreed, and I sent him the parts to make the atomizer. I sent him two Cisco 306 atomizers and two generic 510 atomizer shells. Before this point, Hanna had never seen or heard of Cisco atomizers. I paid for his labor with cartomizers and eliquid. I received the completed atomizers and took some pictures of them. This is a picture of the first ever atomizer that Hanna made using a Cisco 306 coil.

nAJ3Zl.jpg

Hanna was immediately struck by the quality of the Cisco 306 coil. I was struck by the incredible performance of the completed product. I named the product the HH.357 because it was made by taking a 306 coil and putting it into a 510 sleeve...I noticed that when you took 510 (the sleeve) and added 6 (taken from thethe 306 coil) you got 57 for the tens and ones place, while keeping the 3 from 306 in the hundreds lace, which made 357. I decided that this would be a cool number to use to name the atomizer since I thought it hit much like a .357 ammunition round kicked when discharged from a pistol. I included the prefix HH because those are Hanna's initials.

I immediately sent Hanna more parts to make me 6 more atomizers. I also invited Hanna onto my radio show Click, Bang! to talk about his incredible product. It was kind of funny because I never bothered to talk to Hanna before the show...and I thought he was a girl. Here is a link to that broadcast: Click Bang - The HH .357 Atomizer 06/15 by kevbow | Blog Talk Radio

I also posted some videos of the atomizer on twitter and youtube, here is an example of one of the twitter videos http://www.yfrog.com/15o4jz as well as the Youtube video The HH .357 atomizer - YouTube

At this point, Avidvaper was not involved in distributing the HH.357 atomizer. Hanna began making them for people who heard about the atomizer on my radio show. People would contact Hanna so that he could make atomizers for them. Vapers would send Hanna the products necessary to make a HH.357 (a 306 coil and a 510 sleeve) and Hanna would mail them back the completed product.

Shortly after the show was broadcast, I went to a vape meetup in NYC to let other vapers try the HH.357 atomizers that Hanna made for me. Cisco was at that meetup and I let him try it. He too was impressed with the performance and I introduced Cisco to Hanna. From there, they formed a business relationship whereby Hanna would assemble quantities of the HH.357 and mail them to Cisco where they would be sold through Avidvaper. Since then, Cisco has contributed many ideas to the design and assembly of the HH.357 that has, in my opinion, greatly improved the performance of the atomizer from Hanna's original design. Hanna and Cisco have also collaborated to introduce other products to the HH.357 line of atomizers including different resistances, long and short barrel versions, as well as a 901. My personal favorite is the 901 :)

During these early days of the HH.357, and several times since, I visited Hanna at his residence. I was able to see, first hand, his work room, his tools, and the parts that he used to make a HH.357 atomizer. I was able to watch him, in person, take those parts and put together a HH.357 Perhaps one of the most impressive things I got to see were the tools that his wife Kat made by hand for Hanna to assemble, test, and finish the atomizers.

I did not take pictures of the workspace nor did I shoot video of assembly because that is what I consider to be private and propriterary information. I did take a some pictures of things that I found interesting. I took this picture of a bucket of atomizer coils because I thought it looked cool.

uDZoWl.jpg

I also took a couple of other pictures while at Hanna's place, including one of Sean - he helped Hanna with quality control. He is a user on ECF under the username Abubika.

bgqCul.jpg

During one of my visits, Hanna was unable to finish a batch in time to mail them to Avidvaper for the date that was promised to the community without incurring high shipping costs. At that time, entire batches HH.357's would sell out in literally a matter of seconds. Since I was already at his place, I hand carried the shipment back to Avidvaper in NY - here is a picture of that batch that I took at my apartment before driving the batch to Avidvaper that Sunday. Once I gave the batch to Cisco I promptly bought two. :)

PSvwdl.jpg

Hanna has become a close friend of mine over the past nine months. I can give countless other examples of my familiarity with the process of the creation of the HH.357 as well as Hanna's integrity as a human being....which is ultimately and unfortunately what is being called into question here.

I hope that the few examples I have chosen that demonstrate my personal experience with Hanna and the creation of the HH.357 atomizer should quell the doubts that anyone has about how the atomizer is produced. If one believes that the HH.357 is assembled in China, then one must necessarily believe that I am lying about everything that I have written just now, and everything that I have been talking about with regards to the HH.357 for the past several months on Click, Bang!

I hope that is not the case, as it would be a severe error in judgement.

Last edited:

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
6point,

Thank you very much for your personal and detailed account of Hannah's Project, and a great response to the topic of the post! I believe that the more people that take the time to read this post with your personal details, will actually benefit Hannah in the further support of his products. Sometimes an inflammatory statement is more meant to draw people out than to deface character. Again, thank you for taking the time to engage us with such detail!

Best - Mr.e

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
6point,

Thank you very much for the clarification, you convinced me and I do believe now that Hanna assembled the HH-357's himself. It sometimes takes an offence (thank you mre5647) to make all the rumors vanish and therefore I do not regret making my accusations in public. I do apologize for the way, but that has also to do with the fact that English is not my native language. Again I like the HH.357 very much and still hope that the price drops, the quality sustains and with that more people can go and get them and enjoy them. At the end my rant might be free advertising.
And no, I am not a troll!

EMonty

Kalimero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Helsinki
6point,

Thank you very much for your personal and detailed account of Hannah's Project, and a great response to the topic of the post! I believe that the more people that take the time to read this post with your personal details, will actually benefit Hannah in the further support of his products. Sometimes an inflammatory statement is more meant to draw people out than to deface character. Again, thank you for taking the time to engage us with such detail!

Best - Mr.e

6point,

Thank you very much for the clarification, you convinced me and I do believe now that Hanna assembled the HH-357's himself. It sometimes takes an offence (thank you mre5647) to make all the rumors vanish and therefore I do not regret making my accusations in public. I do apologize for the way, but that has also to do with the fact that English is not my native language. Again I like the HH.357 very much and still hope that the price drops, the quality sustains and with that more people can go and get them and enjoy them. At the end my rant might be free advertising.

EMonty

Great, now I hope you both learn how to use the forum search and Google, all this information is out there:

Welcome to the New World of Information Exchange...

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
6point,

EMonty

There is nothing wrong with questioning something but the way you went about it came off as prickish(huh?). That's probably why the flaming started.

Very awesome post by 6point btw! I have been meaning to try these. I was going to order a few atomizers next week but might just order one 357.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
6point,

EMonty

It is unclear to me who you are apologizing to. I think that it would be a good idea - for you - to explicitly apologize to Hanna for publicly questioning his integrity, which is exactly what you did. When you stated that Hanna was saying that atomizers assembled by him were actually assembled in China - you called him a liar.

By launching this baseless assault on his integrity, you simultaneously accused Hanna of outright fraud.

Since you made these accusations (without facts or evidence) publicly, I think your apology should also be made in a public fashion.

I invite and implore you to do so right here, as well as retract the slanderous statements you made on Google+ which actually perpetuated the statements that you made here in a manner I personally consider to be more severe.

It might also be a good idea to send Hanna a private message to express your apologies.

These are, of course, just suggestions. Do as you wish. I can assure you that whatever action you choose to take or not take will have absolutely no impact on my opinion of you as a human being.

Kalimero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Helsinki
Kalimero - But then we wouldn't have the pleasure of ineracting with such color individuals like yourself!

You can do that with in style and not by attacking a friend who isn´t able to defend himself here. In Finland it´s called cowardly and inappropriate. With the experience and post count you both have I can´t believe you would fall into doing such a thing.

Has either of you ever heard of an public apology?

Last edited:

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
6point,

my statement IS an apology. I tried to send Hanna a PM but he does not take PM's or has set it so that it is not possible.
On Google+ I expressed it in the same manner I will put my answer there as well
Hanna: the information I have have received from 6point convinced me that you actually assemble the HH.357's by hand, I humbly apologize.

Nice post Russ and I'm sure it will go a long way in putting it to bed so to speak.
From an outside point of view as I have never tried and probably never will try the atti (im a yorkshire man and we are very tight with our cash) there are many product's that are being passed to china to make.
While this product has taken the vaping world by storm like the drip shield it is only a mater of time before it is made in china either for.financial reasons or just plain ripped off.
By asking questions that maybe are taken a little to far you find the truth and as a result people that like me that sit in the.background.get to know that the product that cost a lot is made in the US and not by someone that gets paid very little.

mre5674

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Lala Land
Nice post Russ and I'm sure it will go a long way in putting it to bed so to speak.
From an outside point of view as I have never tried and probably never will try the atti (im a yorkshire man and we are very tight with our cash) there are many product's that are being passed to china to make.
While this product has taken the vaping world by storm like the drip shield it is only a mater of time before it is made in china either for.financial reasons or just plain ripped off.
By asking questions that maybe are taken a little to far you find the truth and as a result people that like me that sit in the.background.get to know that the product that cost a lot is made in the US and not by someone that gets paid very little.

Ahhhhh-Ahhhhh-men....Church!

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I know Hanna we're friends. I've seen the workshop and seen him working in it but I unfortunately got to this thread late but I'm glad to see that snjvaper and 6pointprime {whom I also consider friends!} came to his defense and put this very ugly and baseless accusation to rest. I love my HH.357's 901 and 510's!
You will never meet a nicer, more honest and talented guy than Hanna!
Thank you for putting a stop to this snjvaper and Russ! :thumbs:
C.B.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread