On behalf of emonty

japan-tobacco-apology.jpg

now THATS an apology.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
When I first saw this thread I pretty much ignored it as I have a special place in my mind where I file those who call a person a liar, demand the accused prove otherwise (demand proving a negative no less), and do it in a forum the accused is not allowed to respond.

When I saw it had many more replies, I thought I'd take another look and, surprisingly, I'm glad I did. I knew some of the background, but the post by 6point was fantastic. The joining of Cisco's and Hanna's ventures was something I always wondered how that happened. I just wanted to post that I appreciate the timeline formatted story and the pictures.

revolver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Buenos Aires
Despite the fact feelings caused by this thread may not be more than those derived from what may very well be considered an unfair attack, I have just read this and for some odd reason; I don't know why, the thread has -instantly- become... my favorite one.

Possibly the drama behind that; It is very hardcore. It is educating. There is an entire epic to it, somewhat. I find it fascinating, no less than that. Most of the times -it's a cliché altogether- we get to come across the everyday battle-thread, which is boring; dull, neverending and then some...

This is short; constructive. It even includes some happy ending, WTF !? I am not certainly used to that.

Take a closer look, yet deep at the same time; go beyond the immediate feelings, for peripheral they are... Take a wiser look, get to see the whole picture and you might experience what I am talking about...

Oh, BTW, I just happen to have tried an HH. 357 for my first time, a few days back. And trust me, this little atty, as it unleashes its powerful demons lets you know, with no shadow of doubt, it certainly deserves its own private war, at least no less than that. For triumph, my friends, no matter what, is to be on its side.

Now, there goes my two cents; beautiful beautiful mist princess; mesmerizing deadly weapon... .357; Your Majesty; Ode to Ya!

Last edited:

some87

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Las Cruces, New Mexico
heres a little thing to make it seem like the 357 isnt made in the us and isnt worth $26. the ava atty is like $50 and is made in the us and looks very nice. i have never and never will buy a 357 or ava atty because imo its a wast of money to spend that much on a atty when most other attys will work fine for $5. if it is true that they are made in china for $2 you can also just buy them right from china for $2 or $3 each just like you can with the bauway attys that cisco uses on his normal attys. i dont know about you people but if something comes right out of china it should be cheap. yes they did come up with the design of the 357 and they can charge what ever they want for them but at a point you people should start feeling ripped off just like someone selling a ggts USED for $600. imo thats just right out stupid and greedy of people to do that.just think its funny i can get a dc carto for like $2 in the us (not that its as good as a 357) but the 357 is $26. all im going to say is stop wasting your money on high end attys and just get a rebuildable atty.

emonty

Flavor Junky
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
the Netherlands
I am sure if you send Avid an email they will handle it correctly. These things happen, for what ever reason, but it happens with anything made. I have three, bought them 4 months ago and they are still working like new. I do clean them once a week and keep always keep them wet.

my .357 lasted 3 days...blah..never again.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
heres a little thing to make it seem like the 357 isnt made in the us and isnt worth $26. the ava atty is like $50 and is made in the us and looks very nice. i have never and never will buy a 357 or ava atty because imo its a wast of money to spend that much on a atty when most other attys will work fine for $5. if it is true that they are made in china for $2 you can also just buy them right from china for $2 or $3 each just like you can with the bauway attys that cisco uses on his normal attys. i dont know about you people but if something comes right out of china it should be cheap. yes they did come up with the design of the 357 and they can charge what ever they want for them but at a point you people should start feeling ripped off just like someone selling a ggts USED for $600. imo thats just right out stupid and greedy of people to do that.just think its funny i can get a dc carto for like $2 in the us (not that its as good as a 357) but the 357 is $26. all im going to say is stop wasting your money on high end attys and just get a rebuildable atty.

An item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If a person is able to get $600 for a used ggts, I wouldn't call them greedy for taking it; I'd call them generous if they sold it for less than it was worth.

They've evidently found a market for this atty that doesn't mind the price. Most people buying things in this price range are aware of their options, and still choose this atty. Capitalism at work. :)

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
An item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If a person is able to get $600 for a used ggts, I wouldn't call them greedy for taking it; I'd call them generous if they sold it for less than it was worth.

They've evidently found a market for this atty that doesn't mind the price. Most people buying things in this price range are aware of their options, and still choose this atty. Capitalism at work. :)

That's what I was thinking. There are two sides here. There is cost to make and there is price to sell. If a business doesn't charge the cost to make, they won't be around long. However, that doesn't determine the price to sell. That is determined by what people are willing to pay. If you think HH.357s cost too much, don't buy them. If enough people think like you, the price will come down. Unless you're hellbent on throwing business to the US, where or who makes them is not your concern. The price, quality, and performance are.

I had a similar experience when selling a house. I'd bought it new and lived in it 10 years. One of my neighbors that also bought his house new around the same time had a relative that wanted to buy my house. Now my neighbor had a pretty good idea what I paid and the relative couldn't understand why I wouldn't sell the house for 15K less than my asking price because it was so much more than I paid for it. I got my price from someone else. Sometimes it's not what it cost you, it's what you can get for it.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
my .357 lasted 3 days...blah..never again.

Obviously you didnt keep it wet enough, I have 5 that are 6 months old and used on a daily basis and still going like new, unless you just got a bad one, in which case Hanna would have fixed it for you if that where the case, you should reconsider trying another tizz they are a fabulous Atty !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread