HH357 vs BetterLife 3-hole dripping atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
i love my betterlifes, but after cleaning my 357s (i use 100%vg so it gunks quick i guess) i have noticed the flavor heightening much more then before. so far the iO6 gives off the cleanest and most powerful flavor blast i have tried in an atty, but taking a closer look and putting the iO6 head to head with the 357 has been a very close match. just different vape expeirence. (tighter draw vs airy). both 357s and iO6s give tremendous flavor. i think it just boils down to preference after that.

the 901 also is a phenomenal atomizer. i got my first one from IKV a few days ago (1.8 but reads 1.6ohm) and i cant put it down. its a down right SMOOOOTH but strong TH and has massive vapor. flavor is def there but i think its still needing a bit more time to fully break in and unleash its full potential. im about to order another 901 but a 3.5 ohm instead. i have a feeling HV on this thing is going to melt my face off. if that makes any sense..

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I KNOW this; a 1.5 Ohm HH357 on a good eGo batt = less than $50 and = the best vape possible (no need for fancy high end VV).

That's very high praise in my book. I really have to give one a try at some point. I'm using an Avid 510H that I got in yesterday and…damn……It's making me really hate some of my bottles because it's a little finicky to get it b/t dry an gurgling or outright flooded, but……at $10……damn.

the 901 also is a phenomenal atomizer.

I pulled out one of my 901s. It's a few months old but hasn't been used for the last 2 or so. I originally used it with cartridges……because I didn't know better……until I watched a video explaining dripping. It gave me a good solid couple weeks until I decided what to upgrade to, ordered it, and had it shipped……then it sat in a box for a while until I remembered it still worked the last time I used it.

If all the 901s perform like that, I see myself buying a box of them in the near future. It's SR, so I run it with my twist turned all the way up with a sealed stealth adapter from avid vaper. But, again, I forgot how good they were.

I want to give an HH357 a try, and I'm tempted to get one of the better life attys based on some of the praise it's gotten……but I think I'm a vivi nova + 901 guy.

BTW, again, a bridgeless 901 with a native 510 connection and a cisco spec coil is a very awesome thing. Twice as good as the normal 901s, I'm not quite sure yet, but these two little black atomizers……one with the paint wearing off……have rekindled my love of dripping.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
There is not a 510 Atty on the market that will not leak if you put to much liquid in it because of how there engineered, made and put together, even with a sealed 510 center pin they will leak out of the air holes on the threads, so I don't want to hear any 510 Atty's don't leak, that's just phooey,,,,,,,But drip the right amount and it wont leak, or use a drip shield with a sealed connector,,,,,,357 is clearly the winner in my eyes and I've tried them all. However the i06 and others are OK Atty's too. If you cant afford to pay to play with the 357 you can buy the ss wool like mesh and strip apart a cheaper 510 Atty, remove the bridge and metal they use inside so all you have left is the two wires from the connector going to the ceramic cup with the coil in it, then twist a Small piece of the special wool like mesh and put a piece in between the two wires under the cup and up to the side of the cup, then take another small piece of the special wool like mesh and wrap it around the ceramic cup, install the tube back on and poof you have a home made 357 style Atty. ( If you want to take the time to do this like I do ) Takes me but 10min max to make one and they rock, I buy $4 LR Atty's and make my own home made 357 style from these, using a special Wool like mesh from here

= Lustersheen Metal Wool Product, Cleaning Polishing items in SteelWool-biz store on eBay!

They also sell a few different products that you can experiment with if you can afford to pay to play and experiment like I did :) 5-10min to make a cheap 510 into a decent mesh filled Atty. Only difference is the special coil that Cisco uses which in my opinion is an excellent coil and the cheaper Atty's don't have these coils, the Cisco coil is the finest made in my opinion and what makes a 357 a 357 besides the special mesh used internally. I love my Home made Attys I reconstruct, and there all most a 357 accept for that super Cisco coil.

Cisco is a smart dude for not revealing his sources on his coils too, I know I wouldn't if I where selling the same so more power to Cisco & Hanna for putting out a superior Atty to others :) I have 4 HH-357's that turn 1yr old in Sept, and haven't had any that lasted less then 7 months myself ( Some people have had them last less but its all in how you vape and maintain them ) So you have to take in acct how long the 357 last as well when you compare to other Atty's, if a 357 last you even only 3 months it's not a bad deal thats approx $7 per month to run it, and if you get 6 months out of one its like $3.6 per month to run it, so in reality its a pretty good deal for the massive flavor and vapor you get from a HH-357

The best thing you can do is preserve your wick in an Atty by keeping it soaked well, sooner or later the wick is the weak link in an Atty, I have 357's that the coil still heats up like a beast but the wicks are just shot ( 1YR OLD ). Keep your wicks wet guys it's key to the longevity of any Atty, especially the 357 :) It's all about what works for = YOU :2cool: and whatever works BEST for YOU is what you should use :2cool:

Last edited:

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
There is not a 510 Atty on the market that will not leak if you put to much liquid in it because of how there engineered, made and put together, even with a sealed 510 center pin they will leak out of the air holes on the threads, so I don't want to hear any 510 Atty's don't leak, that's just phooey,,,,,,,

You mean even a gallon jug will leak if you put more than a gallon of juice in it?
WOW

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
Have to put a whole lot of juice in a Phoenix atty to get it to leak. It's a 510. Would literally have to fill it until it was running out the drip tip or air hole.

Yeah
Definitely don't fill it past that little air hole in the side if you don't want it to start dribbling juice

Last edited:

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I've got a couple of Phoenix attys coming from Vapor.....
Can't wait to see if I can build a coil or not

Super easy. Unreal how easy it is. Two minutes tops I can have a new coil wrapped and on it. It's a great atty. MOV just had them for 8 bucks yesterday. Lol. I pd 14. :(

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
Super easy. Unreal how easy it is. Two minutes tops I can have a new coil wrapped and on it. It's a great atty. MOV just had them for 8 bucks yesterday. Lol. I pd 14. :(

I paid the extra few buck because Vapor..... is supposed to have the originals from eshots in the Philippines. We'll see

BTW - Don't feel bad, some people have paid well over $40 with S&H
On top of that, it looks like the new and improved Phoenix XL is due out any day now

Last edited:

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I paid the extra few buck because Vapor..... is supposed to have the originals from eshots in the Philippines. We'll see

BTW - Don't feel bad, some people have paid well over $40 with S&H
On top of that, it looks like the new and improved Phoenix XL is due out any day now

Ya I heard the next Phoenix would be out soon. Be interesting to see what exactly has been improved. I could go for a bit more room between the pins and stop that damn center post from floating. Lol. Really they're very good lil attys. I haven't been using anything else lately.

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
Ya I heard the next Phoenix would be out soon. Be interesting to see what exactly has been improved. I could go for a bit more room between the pins and stop that damn center post from floating. Lol. Really they're very good lil attys. I haven't been using anything else lately.

I did read a post somewhere that listed the improvements
And if my memory serves me, most if not all of the issues have been addressed
We will soon know for sure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread