HHS vs FDA (it looks like FDA is much friendlier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
"In the case of e-cigarettes and other non-traditional tobacco, the FDA asserted that if the regulations succeeded in reducing tobacco use, smokers would suffer lost enjoyment amounting to tens of billions of dollars, Reuters first reported."

The "smokers" would suffer? Man, we really need to just start this whole government thing over, it is so far gone from where it started that it is beyond repair.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
"In the case of e-cigarettes and other non-traditional tobacco, the FDA asserted that if the regulations succeeded in reducing tobacco use, smokers would suffer lost enjoyment amounting to tens of billions of dollars, Reuters first reported."

The "smokers" would suffer? Man, we really need to just start this whole government thing over, it is so far gone from where it started that it is beyond repair.

???

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
The FDA economists performed a similar analysis for calorie counts on fast-food menus and vending machines, Reuters found. They estimated that consumers would make healthier choices, reducing obesity, Type 2 diabetes, and heart disease, amounting to benefits of $5.3 billion to $15.8 billion.

But the lost enjoyment people would feel by not eating their favorite cupcakes or fried chicken would reduce that benefit by $2.2 billion to $5.27 billion.

This is so funny on so many levels. For starters, the benefits are the government's and the losses are mine.

Later in the article they decide that "lost enjoyment" doesn't count at all. Can I apply the same logic to taxes and call them government's "lost enjoyment" and decide we shall not pay any?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That article appears to suggest that those looneytunes are still conflating vaping with smoking, as if they're the same thing. They're not the same at all, yet thanks to vaping, I'm not "suffering" any "lost enjoyment."

Yesterday while hunting up vaping images for my website, I stumbled across this graphic for "how to quit vaping," as if that's every vaper's dearest wish, though it couldn't be further from what most vapers want. Yes, vaping helps us stop smoking, but it doesn't follow that we then want to quit vaping too; we want to vape INSTEAD OF smoke -- in fact I'm probably very far from the only one who, if I quit vaping, would be at tremendous risk for returning to actual smoking, and they don't seem to get that at all.

Idiots, the whole lot of them. Past time for revolution.

Andria

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
They say that by adopting a certain policy, the government will make economies of X dollars, while the consumer would lose an "enjoyment" valued at Y dollars.

They then decide that since X > Y, they should go for said policy.

Later they decide that consumer's enjoyment doesn't matter at all. So if X > 0 then they should go for said policy. Anything else be damned.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
They say that by adopting a certain policy, the government will make economies of X dollars, while the consumer would lose an "enjoyment" valued at Y dollars.

They then decide that since X > Y, they should go for said policy.

Later they decide that consumer's enjoyment doesn't matter at all. So if X > 0 then they should go for said policy. Anything else be damned.

Yes, as if money = EVERYTHING.

As I said... idiots, the whole lot of them. They pretend to this moralistic stance... yet then violate what their very own "good book" says is the root of all evil: LOVE OF MONEY. We really gotta find some guillotines.

Andria

RCHagy74

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Niverville, NY, US
You are not alone AndriaD, I would go back to smoking if I stopped vaping for some reason. All it would take is that one bad day.

As for guillotines or hangings or firing squads... We just need as many as possible to vote every incumbent out in every election for the next 20 to 30 years.
It does not matter whether one likes their policies.
It does not matter if one feels, thinks, believes or knows they are doing a good job.
It does not matter if you like them personally or if they are a friend or family member.

Vote them out. Every incumbent must go, every election cycle, until they fear us.
Money and fear are all they recognize.
Once they fear us, maybe, just maybe, they will legislate or run a courtroom or uphold the law in a manner that actually benefits us (most of the time).

It will take a loooong time. There will be quite a bit of chaos. It is the only way I see us getting anything resembling a sane government back though.

Make them fear you. Vote them out.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
It all reminds me of a political show I was watching one time. They were discussing capital gains taxes at 28%. One person was making the argument that since that money had already been taxed, that the taxes on gains were too high. Another person (a congressman, I think) argued, "but we let them keep 72%..." Keep? They act as if it is their money and we just get to "keep" what they allow us to keep. They really don't have a clue. I think it has to do with the area. The closer you get to D.C., the lower your I.Q. gets.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
It all reminds me of a political show I was watching one time. They were discussing capital gains taxes at 28%. One person was making the argument that since that money had already been taxed, that the taxes on gains were too high. Another person (a congressman, I think) argued, "but we let them keep 72%..." Keep? They act as if it is their money and we just get to "keep" what they allow us to keep. They really don't have a clue. I think it has to do with the area. The closer you get to D.C., the lower your I.Q. gets.

As far as I can tell, anyone who wants public office of any sort is completely out of his/her mind -- and we vote for these total lunatics??? :facepalm:

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread