The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi, 1 month newbie vaper here. Need help wiith lavatube&vivi nova

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by PHPuff, Sep 9, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PHPuff

PHPuff Full Member

Sep 6, 2012
    philippines
    Just got my vivi nova v3 tank today, may lavatube reads that it has 3ohms, what voltage should i set it too? I'm using 4 now atm.

2. PHPuff

PHPuff Full Member

Sep 6, 2012
    philippines
    Bump. Help please:(

3. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    Erm....depends on your preference. You want (what may consider) to be in the "sweet spot" of 6-8 Watts. That's around 4.3 to 4.9v using a 3ohm head.

I'd personally start at 4.3, turn it up slowly until I was happy. It all depends on what you like and the juice you're uing, it's a personal preference thing. Some people like 10 watts, some less.

Is it not working at 4 volts?

Don't bump (rules), it's still early for a large % of members. 4:20AM here, people will wake up and see and help when they can.

4. PHPuff

PHPuff Full Member

Sep 6, 2012
    philippines
    Oh sorry. It's working with 4 volts, it doesnt't have the 'hit' though. I'm scared to turnit up any higher cuz my friends says my vivi might short circuit. Is it safe to go up to 4+ volts?

5. recidivus

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    IF it is 3 ohm, yes the coil should be able to handle more volts. You won't short anything out, you may "burn" the coil, from overheating. 4v is getting you 5.3 watts, so it would be fine, but you may want to try 4.3+. This all assumes you are using 3ohm, if it's a lower ohm it can't handle as much heat and will burn out faster (or right away if it's low enough)

6. PHPuff

PHPuff Full Member

Sep 6, 2012
    philippines
    Thanks, it's my first time to use a tank attomizer. Before vivi i was using fattyNrebuildable atomizer.

7. recidivus

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    I just use Ohms Law to start out at 6 watts and tweak it from there.
    http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohmslawcalculators.asp#power
    use the 3rd Power one (P=E[SUP]2[/SUP]/R). There's a graphic somewhere on these forums, but I can't find it right now and won't have a chance to for a little. Someone will eventually come in and post it if I don't find it by then, usually does.

8. kiwivap

kiwivap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    New Zealand
  9. PHPuff

PHPuff Full Member

Sep 6, 2012
    philippines
    Thanks guys, very useful chart

10. recidivus

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    Just remember to always have backups. You don't want to push a coil to hard and end up with nothing till next order arrives!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.