Hi All!! Happy to be here from Australia!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachael J

Mar 24, 2020
Hi everyone! Greetings from down under!! Just thought I would say hi! I’ve just signed up now, thought I had better introduce myself! I’ve been vaping about 18 mths-2 years, but fairly new to the building game-but it’s got me by the horns...it’s turned into quite the hobby, & I’m already starting to collect quite a few tanks, with plans to buy (many) more! Lol!! (I’m currently on the quest to find an OBS Nano Engine-wish me luck! Lol!!) I’m more of a flavour chaser than cloud chaser, &, I don’t mind the odd MTL either! My first rebuildable was the Gear RTA.
Unfortunately, due to financial constraints (I’m disabled & out of work right now) I’m mainly shooting for good Chinese (cheaper) stuff atm-high end is a bit of a dream & out of reach for me right now (Doesn’t stop me from dreaming about the Taifun GT4)
What was ur first rebuildable, & or what’s ur fav? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!!

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Welcome, my first rta was the reload and I still love it then I got a few serpent's, I have quite a few rdas rtas ect, all do good job ,some are more difficult and demanding to get right, I have both wotofo profile mesh ,rda and rta, the rda is pretty good but I am still having problems with the rta, can't get it to vape properly, getting dry burns, I'll get there eventually, one of my favourite tanks is the advken manta rta closely followed by the profile rda and the dead rabbit both rda and rta, yes I'd like some high end gear myself but I'm happy for now,hope you have success with your building as it's very satisfying when you get that perfect build.

• Love
Reactions: Rachael J

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I'm not sure if you have done a Google search on the Nano or not but if you do you will come up with a website called vapedna.com.au which say they have them in stock.

Stay Away from this website, they are a Chinese company posing as an Australian website.
    I have dealt with them once before and Never again:)

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Welcome buddy!

Apart from my vast knowledge of movies,music and weird trivia about the bermuda triangle when it comes to mods and vape related stuff im close to useless hehe.
    But alot of nice folks here with plenty of vaping under their belt can give you a hand with the high techy stuff.

Now that i think of it ''vaping under their belt'' just sounds weird,conjures up some really disturbing images :lol:

Rachael J

Mar 24, 2020
    Welcome, my first rta was the reload and I still love it then I got a few serpent's, I have quite a few rdas rtas ect, all do good job ,some are more difficult and demanding to get right, I have both wotofo profile mesh ,rda and rta, the rda is pretty good but I am still having problems with the rta, can't get it to vape properly, getting dry burns, I'll get there eventually, one of my favourite tanks is the advken manta rta closely followed by the profile rda and the dead rabbit both rda and rta, yes I'd like some high end gear myself but I'm happy for now,hope you have success with your building as it's very satisfying when you get that perfect build.
    Thanks for the welcome!!! Sounds like we have a fairly similar collection!! I’m hoping to buy a serpent elevate next week actually-ive been told it’s a dang good RTA! I have the drop dead RDA, Dead Rabbit RTA, Profile RDA, Profile Unity RTA and Revolver just you name a few! I had some issues with the profile til I switched to Firebolt cotton. I don’t know about u, but I’m finding different RDA’s/RTA’s work better with different types of cotton-ie 1 type of cotton doesn’t work with every tank-I just try a different type of cotton if I’m having consistent issues with a tank-works for me anyway!! I’m still quite amateur at the wicking game too-but I don’t mind fiddling & “trial & error”! Lol!!

Reactions: Marper

Rachael J

Mar 24, 2020
    ;)
    Hello and welcome! What kind of coils are you using? My suggestion is to keep it simple... round wire (or even rectangular) or claptons. Also, consider using cellu-cotton (rayon)
    Thanks for the welcome!! Definitely claptons for me-Mainly dual core fused claptons. I’m keeping it simple right now, but I did pick up a skynet & a dovpo 7 in 1 to experiment with at some stage.:banana: I’m finding if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! Lol!! I’m waiting on a shipment of A1 to have a go at making my own claptons-it maybe a disaster to begin with, but I’m keen to learn-I love making things, so it should keep me occupied for a while with the current state of affairs in the world...then again, by the time I get the shipment, the COVID19 lockdown maybe over (postage is taking forever!!:-x)
    I’m finding Firebolt cotton the best for mesh RDA’s/RTA’s & wicked for just about everything else, but I do have kendo gold, cotton bacon V2, & cotton bacon prime on hand if I’m having issues. I’ve found different tanks do better with different cottons-but that may just be that I’m such an amateur!!:yawn:

Rachael J

Mar 24, 2020
    I'm not sure if you have done a Google search on the Nano or not but if you do you will come up with a website called vapedna.com.au which say they have them in stock.

Stay Away from this website, they are a Chinese company posing as an Australian website.
    I have dealt with them once before and Never again:)
    Thanks for the welcome!! Yeah-TONS of google searches...not prepared to give up just yet! Yeah, thanks for the advice-I have seen that vapedna have the OBS engine, but not the nano (I have dealt with vapedna USA and they were fantastic-I mean the .com site I’ve ordered from, not the .com.au site-which I haven’t ordered from before) the only site I’ve found so far that has the nano is a Chinese vape store, & they haven’t replied to 2 emails-so I’m thinking I had better steer clear! :mad: Anyone that won’t reply to a business email has me thinking I had better avoid!:-x
    I’m thinking my only chance for a nano is a used one, maybe here-somebody wanting to part with theirs-but I doubt it, since I hear they are that good!! :( I was heartened to hear today on a live stream that the serpent elevate is a good substitute-I’m hoping to pick one of those up next week when I get paid!:thumb:

Last edited:

Rachael J

Mar 24, 2020
    Welcome to ECF Rachael:thumbs:
    My first RTA was the Augvape Intake my second was an OBS Engine Nano;)
    My Favourite at the moment is my Brunhilde MTL RTA, it's magnificent:p
    Thanks for the welcome!! Yeah, really bummed about coming a bit too late to the rebuildable game to pick up a nano!! :-x I figure my only chance is picking up a second hand one that someone is prepared to part with-but I don’t like my chances-since I hear they are so good!! I hear today in the Vaping Bogan’s live, that a serpent elevate is a good substitute, so all going well, I’ve found a site that has them & I plan to nab 1 next week when I’m paid!:thumbs:
    Is the intake good? I’ve been looking at the Brunhilde for a while actually-good to hear it comes recommended! I might put that on the Wishlist with the view of picking 1 up soon. They seem fairly well priced!:banana:

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Thanks for the welcome!! Yeah, really bummed about coming a bit too late to the rebuildable game to pick up a nano!! :-x I figure my only chance is picking up a second hand one that someone is prepared to part with-but I don’t like my chances-since I hear they are so good!! I hear today in the Vaping Bogan’s live, that a serpent elevate is a good substitute, so all going well, I’ve found a site that has them & I plan to nab 1 next week when I’m paid!:thumbs:
    Is the intake good? I’ve been looking at the Brunhilde for a while actually-good to hear it comes recommended! I might put that on the Wishlist with the view of picking 1 up soon. They seem fairly well priced!:banana:

I honestly didn't think very highly of the Intake, it's very very easy to build but the flavour just wasn't there for me. That was supposed to be a really good RTAo_O
    The Elevate is an RTA I think you will really like, I don't have one myself but it has been recommended by a few reliable vapers on the Forum here.
    As for Brunhilde keep in mind there's the MTL version and also the bigger dual coil RTA.
    Both are Sensational, very easy to build and awesome flavour:)
    image.jpeg

• Informative

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    @Rachael J

Welcome, from Newtown, Sydney

How are you so chirpy and with the exclamations and shizz, dont you know its #EndTimes :)

Collecting, you say...you have The Sickness. I never had this...never got into collecting, maximum tanks i ever had at one time was 3, and only ever 2 mods. Maybe i was lucky :) or poor...yup its was mostly poor. Plus im an aspie, so everything has to pass the rationalization test...so theres that, everything has to justify its existence

Me, started rebuilding from day one, (think Rod Stewart) My first tank was the cheapest, baby i know, the firts tank was the cheapest....but seriously, my first was the KangerTech Subleak Spitty (or as it was commercially known, the Subtank Mini), i got the worst leaky spitty one of all time. Couldnt be fixed, and im a once bitten type, so my netx move after 3 days as a new vaper with that was to the Lemo 1. Then not too long after the Lemo 2, which i still vape to this day, over 4 years later. In between have bene nay number of tanks, most sent back to whence they came, but ive had a few good ones, which cant be had now (always single coil RTA's dont see the point in the extra maintenance of duals, and all i ever tried were disappointments over a single):

OBS Crius II RTA
    SJMY Kayfun 5 clone
    Wofoto Serpent SMM

Those were the only ones that last more than a week at mine....as well as the 3 or 4 Lemo 2's i had on tap...mostly as spares as i long ago switched to unflavoured juice, so didnt need multiple tanks for diff flavours

Currently waiting on the Ulton Tripod RTA from FastTech (should hopefully be here next week?), which is my first vape purchase in like 3 years...good timing, i ordered just as this covid stuff kicked off... Interesting RTA and not expensive (USD$30) as the original (USD$130). good rep as a flavour tank, will do DL and MTL as it has airflow reducers in the package for both the airflow and chimney, and twist and pull disassembly instead of threads....theres also an extension tank 2ml - > 3.4ml which you can buy as an additional part (USD$5). Waiting on mine as its in "restocking" status and was due to be sent last week, but extended another week, hopefully only 2 more days before its on its way!

Me, i only ever use boring plain round wire builds, long ago figuring out claptons offer nothing in improvement for me, i still believe most of that malarkey is because people like looking at the shiny stuff, and im a no nonsense type anyways.

Ive been wrapping 7 or 8 wraps of 26 gauge wire on a 3mm ID for 5 years now, just the wire type has changed, kanthal to 316L SS....easy repeatable consistent vaping...oh yeah, i was an early adopter of temperature control and hated wattage mode, still do, once temperature control came along and i could get the same exact vape every time i hit the button, that was me....

I'll also add that while theres a few Aussies on here and an Aussie section here on ECF, it doesnt get a lot of traffic, so feel free to join our home forum: vapinginaustralia.com good people, a lot of laughs

Last edited:
    Reactions: Marper

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Marper

Moved On
    May 20, 2019
    Yes, I have found different cotton works with different tanks, still experimenting with rayon,looks like you have similar taste to me, to the above poster about fasttech, hope you do actually get what you ordered, I've been waiting 6 weeks now for a smoant 200w mod and a fatality m25 rta,hopefully I'll get them soon, I'm not actually in a rush to have them so I'll leave it for another month, let fasttech catch up

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread