• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hi All, I'm Ozarklady and I'm just here for the candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I was really glad to find my kind on here. I've had a rough time of it trying to get a proper kit setup. It took 4 weeks and then they still didn't send the charging cable with the kit. HA! I think I'm gonna lose my mind! Not really, but there were moments. The cig-a-likes did help but of course, I couldn't quit on them. I'm still not sure about quitting, but I have cut back from 2 1/2 pad to 6 or 7 fags. I have found that I was burning up my Boge carts though because I chain vape. I'm supposed to let them cool a few seconds before taking another drag. Go Figure! Sheesh.:oops: Anyway, thanks for being here on the forum.

Last edited:

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
Hey Lady! I just learned of this thread. Looks like there are too many good threads out there for our fellow "friends" to stop by. Welcome and congratulations on the sobriety!!! I really hope you get your hardware issues resolved. Are there any brick and mortar stores where you live? It has been a life saver for me because I want what I want RIGHT NOW! Then I can wait for the mailman for the other stuff. Nice to see you here. Let me know if I can help with anything. I am not a long time vaper but since I am obsessed (who woulda guessed?) I may have an answer or two.

SaraP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Long Beach, CA, USA
Hi Ozarklady :)
I'm really glad to see that this forum is coming back to life. I'm sorry you've been having a rough transition, but congratulations on cutting down so much! I know it can be hard reading so many posts about people taking their first puff off an e-cig and never touching a cigarette again. It hasn't been like that for me either. I've had to try a lot of things (devices, juices, nicotine mg etc.) to get to a place where I rarely crave a cigarette. I chain vape at night, so everyday I make sure I've got 2 devices fully charged so I can set them both up and alternate so they never get too hot and I don't have to wait...lol
Anyway hope things are going smoother :) Take care!
-Sara

Hey Lady! I just learned of this thread. Looks like there are too many good threads out there for our fellow "friends" to stop by. Welcome and congratulations on the sobriety!!! I really hope you get your hardware issues resolved. Are there any brick and mortar stores where you live? It has been a life saver for me because I want what I want RIGHT NOW! Then I can wait for the mailman for the other stuff. Nice to see you here. Let me know if I can help with anything. I am not a long time vaper but since I am obsessed (who woulda guessed?) I may have an answer or two.
Hi glowplug, I just found these replies today. No, we don't have "real" stores out here in the boonies. I might see if there are any in the cities but 1 is an hour away and the bigger one is 2 1/2 hours. But I've come a long way since posting and have all kinds of goodies now. I'm having a blast and even managed to quit smoking after 44 years. It just happened when I didn't buy any and didn't want to drive to town. Thanks for replying.

I just saw this thread as well, hope you got the hardware stuff figured out. As far as quitting, it's like I've always been told, "one addiction at a time." Keep us informed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Zak Rabbit. I have a few years of one day at a time strung together for the first and foremost issue. I'm doing great now with all my new vape stuff!

Hi Ozarklady :)
I'm really glad to see that this forum is coming back to life. I'm sorry you've been having a rough transition, but congratulations on cutting down so much! I know it can be hard reading so many posts about people taking their first puff off an e-cig and never touching a cigarette again. It hasn't been like that for me either. I've had to try a lot of things (devices, juices, nicotine mg etc.) to get to a place where I rarely crave a cigarette. I chain vape at night, so everyday I make sure I've got 2 devices fully charged so I can set them both up and alternate so they never get too hot and I don't have to wait...lol
Anyway hope things are going smoother :) Take care!
-Sara
Hi Sara, I'm really lucky as I'm having so much fun with my new vape gear. I quickly ordered a k-100 mod and a protank and they
are even cooler than my winders and evods are. My problem now is not to go overboard with it all!

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
Thanks Zak Rabbit. I have a few years of one day at a time strung together for the first and foremost issue. I'm doing great now with all my new vape stuff!

Great to hear! God willing, if I make it to November 13, I'll be 10. I have no good reason other than grace and the help of a lot of friends that I've made it this far. If you ever come to Orange county, let me know. I live just a few minutes from Disneyland, I'll show you around!

Great to hear! God willing, if I make it to November 13, I'll be 10. I have no good reason other than grace and the help of a lot of friends that I've made it this far. If you ever come to Orange county, let me know. I live just a few minutes from Disneyland, I'll show you around!

Thanks, Zak Rabbit, so many people on ecf are really nice. I never do forums but it's so different here as we are really talking about an addiction that leads to death, often a slow, painful one. I remember years ago that the surgeon general at that time said that tobacco as we use it "was as addictive, if not more so than (edited out but it starts with h.......") I know it was that way for me. At least this way, we aren't ingesting the other chemicals and the smoke. Plus, noone that lives with us has to either.
I have to tell you though, I hate crowds, so I'll be passing on Disneyland. But that sure was nice of you to offer. Congratulations on 9 years plus!

Last edited:

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
44 years of cigs and now it is over! Good for you! I started when I was twelve, I am 58 now and I had a 2 year smoke free hiatus from Chantix (I went a bit crazy and still take an antidepressant from that little experiment so, no Chantix this time!) about 5 years ago. I didn't expect to quit completely when I got my first "rig" from vaporleaf. Just wanted the cheaper alternative and to cut down on the nasty stink in the truck and on all of me! One week later I was on vape and off stink totally! A fellow friend of Bill turned me on to the technology, God bless his lil pea pickin heart! If I had to use the ecig in truck stops or convenience stores, I would buy another carton of PM Light 100s. I do love to vape and I love my Kanger stuff.

By the grace of God and the fellowship of the program, I have not found it necessary to have a drink or drug since June 19, 1984. DH quit on May 25, 1984 as well. We met in an AA clubhouse. It is an AA family. Mom just doesn't drink at all, Dad quit and sis is in recovery since about 1995. Its an epidemic around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread