Hi all - new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

cm4cd

Sep 7, 2019
Hi.

Thought I'd join this forum. Primarily to help counter the bad press in vaping however I can. I quit cigarettes in 2010 by switching to vaping. I still vape the same mix I have used for several years: a 20/80 PG/VG peppermint flavor mix with medium nicotine content - from the e-liq.com supplier. Normally use a box mod set-up. Currently using an Istick TC40W box with a smok tank. Boxes and tanks tend to fall apart in my pocket - so I mix and match a lot. In 9 years vaping, I've had no adverse reactions.

Point me in the direction of any surveys that I can take. I'd like to help counter quotes like this in the press: "little scientific evidence exists to show that e-cigarettes and other nicotine delivery devices are effective cessation devices". IMO: There's little evidence because they haven't bothered to look. I'd also like help counter the idiotic bans like Michigan. Permitting tobacco flavors only makes as much sense to me as tobacco-flavored Nicorettes.

Colin McDowell

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Greetings and salutations!
MDlYnWQ.gif

• Love
Reactions: Rob B.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)

There aren’t a lot of surveys. People with an agenda don’t usually want to know what the actual deal is. Various news articles go up and get debunked real fast here. The most useful thing to do I think is watch for posted news items that are false and complain to the publisher of that news item directly using data found here by others.

There’s a whole lot of false information out there that is blasted far and wide. That “very little evidence” thing is one of them. There’s an average amount of evidence when compared to other smoking cessation products. The “very little” is a cop out based on comparing smoking cessation product information to non smoking cessation product information. Arguably true but actually false.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Point me in the direction of any surveys that I can take. I'd like to help counter quotes like this in the press: "little scientific evidence exists to show that e-cigarettes and other nicotine delivery devices are effective cessation devices". IMO: There's little evidence because they haven't bothered to look. I'd also like help counter the idiotic bans like Michigan. Permitting tobacco flavors only makes as much sense to me as tobacco-flavored Nicorettes.
Welcome and glad you joined.
One of the best advocacy departments in ECF is:
CASAA
CASAA may point you to your state* and national information vape issues which can help vapers like us fight the misinformation out there.

* Might wish to fill in your location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread