Hi all! Newcomer's salt nic juice question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antonynightx

Jul 31, 2019
Hi all! I'm new here. I'm trying to quite smoking for last year, so I've already used iqos and pod systems. For now i have Zeus X RTA with 0.2 ohm coils (i set 70w on box mode) and i have Fruit Monster salt nic juice with 48 mg. When i tried this setup i didn't feel any discomfort or smthing bad. But then i read that salt nic juice with 48 mg is too strong for this type of tank. Should i change juice to lower salt nic strength? As i need big dozens of nic and want to save taste which salt nic juices i should use (with what mg)?

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
How's it working for you? Yes, it's a lot of nicotine, especially when used with a tank like that at high power, but if that's what it takes to make you not want a cigarette and you don't feel sick from too much nicotine it's not "wrong". That said, that's a lot of nicotine. Even heavy smokers with a setup like that would find it a bit much. But for some it's what they need.

Do you have any desire for a smoke when using it? If no, then good. Are you nauseous, dizzy, drooling or otherwise feeling incredibly crappy? If no, then you have a really high tolerance.

The rule is use a much nic as it takes to make you not feel the need to smoke without making yourself feel ill. When I first started I was using high concentration nic in wither a cigalike or an eGo pen. When I started using hardware closer to what you have I had to drop down into my current stable 6 mg plain nic juice. If I took a draw off yours now, I'd probably need to lie down for an hour. But we're all different.

Good luck and please don't make yourself feel ill.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome to ECF
If you are enjoying the vape and don't feel nic sick the mg is fine. You don't mention if you chain vape or if you sometimes want to chain vape but can't because of the strength of the juice. If this is the case I would suggest you get another setup and keep 12mg juice loaded in it.

Antonynightx

Jul 31, 2019
How's it working for you? Yes, it's a lot of nicotine, especially when used with a tank like that at high power, but if that's what it takes to make you not want a cigarette and you don't feel sick from too much nicotine it's not "wrong". That said, that's a lot of nicotine. Even heavy smokers with a setup like that would find it a bit much. But for some it's what they need.

Do you have any desire for a smoke when using it? If no, then good. Are you nauseous, dizzy, drooling or otherwise feeling incredibly crappy? If no, then you have a really high tolerance.

The rule is use a much nic as it takes to make you not feel the need to smoke without making yourself feel ill. When I first started I was using high concentration nic in wither a cigalike or an eGo pen. When I started using hardware closer to what you have I had to drop down into my current stable 6 mg plain nic juice. If I took a draw off yours now, I'd probably need to lie down for an hour. But we're all different.

Good luck and please don't make yourself feel ill.
Thank you a lot for your answer! I feel really ok with this mg and don't feel any desire for smoke after 5-7 puffs. I think I'm gonna try smthing like 5-12 mg, and see will i feel the need to smoke after this

Antonynightx

Jul 31, 2019
Welcome to ECF
If you are enjoying the vape and don't feel nic sick the mg is fine. You don't mention if you chain vape or if you sometimes want to chain vape but can't because of the strength of the juice. If this is the case I would suggest you get another setup and keep 12mg juice loaded in it.
Thank you! Yes, i think i can't chain, only 5-7 puffs with 20-30 secs intervals, so I'm gonna try some lower strength juice. What about setup i really like the taste, temperature and ergonomics

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
You've gotten great advice. Welcome. In my experience, salt nic metabolizes faster than freebase, so overdoing it isn't AS easy, but still possible. I switched from a 30w device to a 90w, and dropped from 35mg to 6mg.

Now, I have the 6mg juice in the 30w pod, 3mg in the 80w, and 1.5mg in a 160w device. They all seem to me to have the same punch. Once you no longer get cravings, your body should tell you that it doesn't need that much nic any more. Be aware of what your body is telling you.

Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Ill say too what others said....if you are tolerating nic at 48mg at .2 ohm and the wattage you stated and not feeling sick from it, i wouldn't worry much. Go at it like this untill you feel you must lower your nic level, as long as it stops the craving for cigs. If you go too low too soon, you may end up craving cigs again. Do what your body tells you. There really is no right or wrong here except what feels right to YOU. Except maybe dont use freebase at this level, that might be a bit harsh. Or maybe not . Only you can decide.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Some people have higher nicotine tolerances than others. I think I might die if I vaped that, but if it's working, it's working.

Nothing wrong with trying lower mg eliquids (OR maybe checking your blood pressure as you vape what you have, that is seriously very high but if you aren't overdoing it and you feel fine, it's probably... just working for you right now.

And Eskie's right keep that stuff around in case you are just a nicotine mutant who metabolizes it very rapidly or whatever.

Do what works mainly.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread