Hi and a few questions right out of the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtucker

May 10, 2022
Hi I'm new to the forum. I'm semi new to vaping as it's my third attempt and going to try to stick with it. The girl at the vape shop I purchased my mod from was not very knowledgeable or helpful. Polite but none of the other. The mod I have you will see in the screenshot of the manual. What I'm trying to do is to build two other setups tank and all on the second uploaded image. I plan on getting two different color tips and two different bands if that's what you want to call them that protect the tank. I also need the top and bottom pieces. What I'm trying to do is have three complete setups so I can swap between different flavored juices periodically. Some guidance and inexpensive but good e-liquids would be appreciated too. I have ordered before and have a wish list set up through e-liquid. I don't know if that's the cheapest. Thanks in advance for the help. Looking forward to sticking around and learning more about vaping so I don't come off so stupid.

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • 02.png
    02.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 41

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Welcome to the forum, we're glad you are here. The best advice I can give you is "keep it simple" at least to you kick the cowboy killers for good. Find your dose of nicotine to knock out any craving of cigarettes for now. I don't know much about store bought juice anymore but I did try some Charlie's Chalk Dust in a pear berry combo that was to my liking (not too sweet) this week. They said the price was around $11. Your best source for information starting out is still a good vape shop so keep looking for a qualified shop or a local experienced vaper. Still we are here for you for backup and a kick in the pants.

Reactions: smacuser

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
crigon_04.gif
Welcome to ECF jtucker. So glad that you are here. Congrats on the good decision to give vaping another go. As far as I am concerned, having good/reliable equipment is the base to success. (and backups too
girl_haha.gif
)

You seem to have a good plan. I always tell people the best juice is what you make yourself. And it is economical also, which was why I was interested in DIY. I started mixing my own shortly after I started vaping. I am sure there are lots of good juices out there. Sometimes you just have to try different flavors to see what makes your tastebuds dance. Good luck to you.

This forum is full of wonderful people that are always there for you. I know, they were there for me 9 years ago. Enjoy and make yourself at home.

Reactions: Bliss Doubt

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Price and availability is the reason I turn to online stuff. It just sucks that you can't hold it in your hand so to speak prior to purchase. Obviously with it being online you cannot do that.

Youtube: That's why video reviews are good. They aren't always a good source of into, but at least you can see it on someone else's hand. Not the same as holding it yourself, but it gives you a visual idea of how large it really is and how it might be to hold it/fire it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    What I'm trying to do is have three complete setups so I can swap between different flavored juices periodically.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    What worked for me:
    When I first started, I liked tobacco flavored juice and found one I could stick with. Might want to try and find one juce within following categories:
    akery
    Butterscotch / Butter Rum/Toffee
    Caramel
    Chocolate
    Cinnamon
    Creams/Custards/Vanilla/MM/CC
    Nut
    Peanut Butter
    Tobacco
    MISC SINGLES/Fruit etc.

• Agree

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Some guidance and inexpensive but good e-liquids would be appreciated too.
    You didn't say what kinds of e-liquid you're looking for -- flavor, nic level, etc. -- but thedollarejuiceclub.com sells small sampler bottles. That way, you can try different flavors at low cost to find what you like. Your local shop might sell similar small bottles, too.
    With the tank you pictured, you probably want a 6mg or lower nic level.
    Long term, the most economical way to go is to make your own e-liquid, as Rat2chat2 said. But that's for the future.

and two different bands if that's what you want to call them
    Yes, they're called "vape bands." Always a good idea. Also a good idea to invest in spare bubble glasses (they're cheap).

What I'm trying to do is to build two other setups tank and all on the second uploaded image.
    Not sure what you're saying. If you're looking for 3 tanks, best to do as UncleJunkle suggested and check reviews on YouTube. Find the specs on the tank you have and you'll be able to find other tanks that fit well on your mod. Since it's a concern, rebuildable tanks (aka RTAs or RDTAs) are the most economical long term. They're not for everyone but may be something to consider in the near future. Doesn't sound like your local shop will be of much help in that area; fortunately, there are a lot of folks here very knowledgeable about it (i'm not one of them).

Looking forward to sticking around and learning more about vaping so I don't come off so stupid.
    You definitely don't come off as stupid. Maybe as not a great typist, but not stupid. :) There's a lot to learn when you get into vaping beyond the simple pod kit level but nothing is all that complicated. Hang out here and you'll pick of a lot of things quickly.

Hope that helped a little. There are plenty of very nice people here who will be happy to help you more. Welcome & best of luck to you.

• Informative

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    Welcome to ECF! Having a few setups is always a good idea. Not only can you swap flavours, but it's vital to have a backup around in case something goes wrong with your vape - especially with vape shops so inaccessible for you. I'll offer a few tips for you to consider:
    • I noticed you have a SMOK mod. SMOK's very popular and their tanks in particular have many dedicated users, but they've also got a reputation for problematic quality control. That means your mod might last quite some time, or it might give up tomorrow. I'd recommend getting a different brand for your backup.
    • During the quitting phase, many people find it useful to have a higher-nicotine juice on hand. That way you can vape at your normal nicotine concentration most of the time, but switch to the higher-nic juice if you get hit by a particularly intense craving.
    • Keep in mind that the cost of vaping is in the initial setup. Picking up mods and tanks can feel pretty expensive - especially if you're still buying cigarettes - but in the long run, vaping is less expensive than smoking.
    • Feel free to ask questions, and don't worry about sounding stupid. We all started at the beginning.
    Good luck!

jtucker

May 10, 2022
    Welcome to ECF! Having a few setups is always a good idea. Not only can you swap flavours, but it's vital to have a backup around in case something goes wrong with your vape - especially with vape shops so inaccessible for you. I'll offer a few tips for you to consider:
    • I noticed you have a SMOK mod. SMOK's very popular and their tanks in particular have many dedicated users, but they've also got a reputation for problematic quality control. That means your mod might last quite some time, or it might give up tomorrow. I'd recommend getting a different brand for your backup.
    • During the quitting phase, many people find it useful to have a higher-nicotine juice on hand. That way you can vape at your normal nicotine concentration most of the time, but switch to the higher-nic juice if you get hit by a particularly intense craving.
    • Keep in mind that the cost of vaping is in the initial setup. Picking up mods and tanks can feel pretty expensive - especially if you're still buying cigarettes - but in the long run, vaping is less expensive than smoking.
    • Feel free to ask questions, and don't worry about sounding stupid. We all started at the beginning.
    Good luck!
    Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. The initial setup was always a struggle for me like you said smoking and vaping at the same time. However when I got back into vaping a month or so ago I chose the three instead of the six as I was down to under a pack a day. I know it will be a struggle to quit altogether but the mod definitely helps. There's an array of different flavors. Partially why I believe I'm going to enjoy vaping because of the different flavors. And the smell they leave behind is way better than that nasty cigarette smell. Again I appreciate the helpful kind words and I'm looking forward to all the help I can get here. Like you said we all start somewhere.

jtucker

May 10, 2022
    Welcome to ecf jt :)

Either you’ll take to vaping or won’t. Most of us started with what we had on hand. TFA Banana Nut Bread mixed with most tobaccos is awesome :thumbs:
    Sounds intriguing I'll definitely put that on my list to try. The reason I quit vaping last time was something happened with the mod. It was a hand-me-down from a guy that was like a brother to me to help me to quit smoking and get on the vape train that pretty much took out the initial cost but when it fwonked up. I didn't have the $100 to pony up for another mod while I kept smoking.

Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    My first mod was from a flea market, 30 bucks plus a free 10ml bottle. I heard about vaping from a commercial on a podcast over 10 years ago, vaping was much easier back then. Not long after, I read on ecf Boba's Bounty was the stuff (mixed with Banana Nut Bread = Gorilla Juice ;)).

It takes time. Start making juice asap. Got Nic?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread