Hi Another Newbie from Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

rreuille

Oct 19, 2011
Ohio
Rosanne here from Richfield Ohio. I've only been on e cigs for a week, but am happy to say I've been cigarette free for the whole time. I was a 1 1/2 pack a day smoker for 36 years. I purchased the firelight which has worked pretty well for me although I just ordered the 510 for my husband as I think it will better suit his needs. I've read on these forums that the firelight and the M401 are the same cigarette and I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use the 401 cartridges on the firelight. I also found a pass through charger for the 401 that I wanted to purchase as I am on the computer a lot. I know the 401 has a male thread on the battery and female on the atty as does the firelight. Would appreciate any info you might have. :vapor:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Not knowing how modded the firelight is - If the firelight's metal mesh atomizer bridge /\ is long and pointy (I just looked - it is) then it may only work with their own cartridges. That is typically done when a rebrander wants to sell the harder to reuse foil-sealed cartridges (just harder to carry if you refill them - no silicone plug like real M401 carts have). The long pointy bridge is to facilitate puncturing the foil. A real M401 has a short wide rounder topped bridge. LitecigUSA.net and MyPVSHop.com carry M401 stuff. If buy M401 cartridges you may be able to use the silicone plugs in your cartridges.
I started on M401 (manual). I only used it 3-4 weeks then bought something with cartomizers available for it (510 manual, sealed threaded end so it's almost impossible to damage or kill with juice leaks). I still leave the m401 set up at home with a nice flavor on it. I am still using the original cartridge. I re-stuffed it with blue foam I cut down from the cheap precut pieces for 510 at strictlyejuice.com. I wash/dry the cart and foam occasionally, cut it a new blue foam plug once.

Last edited:

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
Roseanne, there a lot of vapors in your area, let us know and we can get a few together, and maybe help you out. It might be easier if we can see what your working with. I'm near Great Northern Mall, but frequently get to the Stow area. I also run errands to Hudson now and then. If nothing else, we have different models you can try, that may be easier to get parts. I'm sure I have some Volts and E-9's that I kept for just such an occasion. Meems should have some 510's and such. We dont mind hooking you up, if your open to it.

rreuille

Oct 19, 2011
Ohio
Roseanne, there a lot of vapors in your area, let us know and we can get a few together, and maybe help you out. It might be easier if we can see what your working with. I'm near Great Northern Mall, but frequently get to the Stow area. I also run errands to Hudson now and then. If nothing else, we have different models you can try, that may be easier to get parts. I'm sure I have some Volts and E-9's that I kept for just such an occasion. Meems should have some 510's and such. We dont mind hooking you up, if your open to it.

Thanks for the reply. I've ordered a single 402 cartridge to see if it will work. My mom lives out by Great Northern Mall, so if I'm still having problems, we could possibly meet up some where. Also I noticed in a post under DIY juices you said you can pick up the VG at a tack shop. Which tack shop were you able to find it at? I was able to find the PG at Tractor Supply out here in Medina for $20 a gallon just as you said! Great Find!

diaboliko

Moved On
Nov 24, 2010
italy
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: spamming
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread