Hi, Big E-Cig Newb, Here . . . Intro + A Question . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, ya'll. I been lurking aroud here all week and figured I'd join in the fun. I quit smoking regular cigarettes on Tuesday of this week. I'm on the cusp of 30 and my mortality has reared it's ugly head. I just can't do the tobacco/chemical thing anymore. After every cigarette I smoked this past weekend just started making me feel ill. I thought about it in the simplest of terms, "What is it that I'm addicted to?" The tobacco's okay, and I've never been much of a fan of the smell clinging to me, but I've always known that the nicotine was the gipper. And granted, the process of inhaling and exhaling, and the oral fixation.

So rather than crud up my body more than I already have I decided to quit regular cigarettes . . . and I'm in agony. The withdrawl isn't even a joke. It feels as though I'm walking around in a haze w/ everything around me moving in slow motion. Err, it's horrible, I'm cold, I'm hot, I'm hungry, I'm not hungry, I get indigestion, I'm cranky . . . really, I can't think of a more miserable thing than quitting smoking besides straight-up torture. I know I'm making it sound a bit dramatic, but for a half a pack-to a pack a day chap such as myself (for the past 15 years), it feels pretty close to torture in my swing of things.

Truthfully, I didn't even know e-cigarettes existed until a friend of mine told me about electronic cigarettes on another forum I frequent. I thought he was just kidding, but I'm glad to find out that it wasn't a joke.

I weighed my options this week as far as finding something to ease the pain of quitting and e-cigs just seem to make perfect sense.

I've been shopping around online and the Smokeless Shop has a great 901b kit for newbs like me. I've seen a few reviews on youtube and it looks like a pretty sweet piece.

Although, a few things I'm trying to figure out right now are what kind of cartridges are compatible w/ it, and if there's any low-nicotine kick juices out there.

Well, I'll go ahead and quit writing before this becomes a novel. Pleasure to meet ya'll.

Mommyshann

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2008
Florida, USA
Hi J - You can't go wrong with Katy at the smokeless shop. I haven't bought from her myself (yet) but have talked with her on here and have read reviews. I must say, she's an absolute doll and really cares about her customers. Now, as for your questions. The mini cartridges are the ones you want for the 901b. On Katy's site it would be the ones in the blue and white box on the "juice and cartridges" page -

1 Pack Atomized Cartridges $4.50 5 cartridges per box.

I would also suggest the last item on that page "5 blank core cartridges". These are empty cartridges that you can fill with any flavor liquid you'd like. The cartridges can generally be reused for a couple of days and at that point if you want you can remove the fabric inside the cart and rinse it out then dry it and put it back in and it's good for a couple more days. The kick juices are wonderful (coffee is amazing). I vape the coffee every day from the kick line and I get it in low. I would email Katy at the smokeless shop to see if she can get low nic ones for you. If not, Jane at e-cig-sales.com can definitely hook you up. Good luck and don't worry...once you get this little miracle device those cravings and withdrawal symptoms will definitely ease up! :thumb:

just4747

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Hey there! Ok I'll try to help as best I can.

First off, here is the thread about the suppliers/web sites that sell e-cigs in each country, and since you're in the U.S. like me, check out the top of the post here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/531-general-list-suppliers.html

Second, yes the 901 is a great starter kit like I tell everyone else who's newer like me. Most of the starter kits go for around $50 bucks and like they say, come with 2 batteries, an atomizer, 5-10 carts (cartridges) to start, and a charger for the batteries. The DSE901b is sleek, small, convenient, produces great vapor, good flavor, and is pretty reliable for most, so it's got mostly positive points.
Negative points, that you learn to deal with and aren't that bad, are that the cartridges dry up a little faster than bigger e-cig types (like the classic and e-cigars) but last a little longer than super mini e-cig carts (the 901 is a mini). So if you smoke pretty often for about 20+ minutes with the 901, you might just have to drip a few more drops in the cart's filler (white cottony stuff) to keep it going. Not all that bad.
The other negative is that the 901 batteries don't have the longest lifespan before having to recharge, so always keep one or more charged just in case. They last anywhere from 1-2 hours (or a little longer if you're lucky) of frequent smoking, but that's usually pretty spread out so it'll be longer. Again, something we easily deal with.

Otherwise, the 901 is solid and parts are common on a lot of those sites. Also, the 4 different LED colors available on the end of the batteries are nice (there's blue, green, orange, and pink..I think www.PureSmoker.com is the only with all 4 available). So go for it for a starter device!

As for cartridges compatible with it are any cartridges named Mini or 901b cartridges (make sure you get the black ones if you get the 901b (black version)).. and you'll be able to spot the similarities between the ones you get with the kit and the pictures of them online. Any site that sells the 901 will sell the extra carts as well. You should probably just get extra empty carts (they might be called mini cores w/ mouthpiece or something similar) because they are way cheaper than carts with liquid already in them. Plus this way you can just fill them with liquid of your choice when you get them.

Also, the best sites for e-liquid are www.JantyUSA.com, www.PureSmoker.com, www.ElectronicCigaretteSales.com, and www.TheSmokelessShop.com. All of those besides Janty offer the generic DSE901 and DSE901b by the way so you can get your starter kit from any of em.

Good luck, ask away if you have any more questions and check out the PM I sent you!

Last edited:

Heart's Smoking

Oct 23, 2008
SoCal, USA
I got my starter kit from the Smokeless Shop as well; its actually a better deal than Puresmoker's starter kit IMO because it comes with:

3 batteries, 2 atmoizers, 1 regular charger, 1 USB charger, 10 prefilled carts (5 mixed, 5 your choice) 5 empty carts for filling, 1 bottle of liquid (your choice), a syringe for filling carts and a case -- all for $77.50. This is only $27.50 more than Puresmoker's starter kit and comes with loads of extras. The extra battery and atomizer were the biggest selling point for me because I know these go out pretty often, and I'd eventually have to get new ones anyway. Also, Katy's customer service was top notch! Good luck on your purchase, I highly doubt you'll regret it :)

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Esmoking is definitely the best way to quit smoking, I had no cravings at all when I stopped. It amazed me that it could be so easy, a small amount of willpower is needed to make the transition but when you're used to it you can't beat vaping.

Get your order in with Katy, she's a sweetheart and that pack has all you need to start. Enjoy it, many of us have been very pleasantly surprised. :)

Again, thanks for the help, ya'll. Put in my order w/ Katy day before yesterday and if things go good w/ the post I'll be takin' my first vape on Sunday when I get back to Virginia.

On a side-note, quitting real cigs has gotten a bit easier. The negative-physical part has dwindled a bit, but the mental side really has me in tift. I guess some people call that "quitter's angst." Heh, I find I don't have patience for much these days. For a minute I could have sworn I was going to have a conniption when I was in the Post Office yesterday. Man, did I want a cig after dealing w/ them.

gutierrez

Moved On
Nov 11, 2008
Horrible product, horrible service!!

Around five days ago I got e-cig product, after they asked me to keeep waiting. Before they sent, one chinese guy of e-cig said the material had not arrived. Crazy!!! Such a company, how they can said material was not available. If no material, I guess they was just a trading company, but not factory.

Now, their product in my hand. The battery stop working usually after full charging. AND the cartridge taste is disgusted, oil comes out.

Buy from e-cig is a terrible experience for me!!!!

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
Horrible product, horrible service!!

Around five days ago I got e-cig product, after they asked me to keeep waiting. Before they sent, one chinese guy of e-cig said the material had not arrived. Crazy!!! Such a company, how they can said material was not available. If no material, I guess they was just a trading company, but not factory.

Now, their product in my hand. The battery stop working usually after full charging. AND the cartridge taste is disgusted, oil comes out.

Buy from e-cig is a terrible experience for me!!!!
what has that got to do with this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread