igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
hi mate,

DOH!! bit of an error on my part by not mentioning about the flavour........sorry about that, my bad! lol

yeah, i do find that there is a slight flavour reduction when using the LR atomisers........not massive, but noticeable none the less. however, it does seem to affect some juices more than others for some reason. menthol flavours seem unaffected, most tobacco flavours have a slight reduction and fruity flavours vary depending on what flavour it is.

hope that helps mate,

cheers,

scott

Data4

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
hi mate,

DOH!! bit of an error on my part by not mentioning about the flavour........sorry about that, my bad! lol

yeah, i do find that there is a slight flavour reduction when using the LR atomisers........not massive, but noticeable none the less. however, it does seem to affect some juices more than others for some reason. menthol flavours seem unaffected, most tobacco flavours have a slight reduction and fruity flavours vary depending on what flavour it is.

hope that helps mate,

cheers,

scott

Hmm... interesting. Do you ever use any of the, what I like to call, "artisan juices", such as those by Tasty Vapor or Mrs. T's Bakery? I know from your previous reviews that you like to keep it simple and favor juices like Totally Wicked tobacco, but I wonder if the varying differences you notice would factor in the difference between a handmade juice vs. something mass produced.

The reason I ask is I primarily use my TW Tornado and have considered a LR atty, but my juices tend to be the custom blends.

For that matter, anyone else reading this, if you have experience with a LR atty and, say, Tasty Vapor's liquids, how does it perform?

Thanks!

My experience with the LR 510 atty from has been nothing but very positive. I got mine from xtremevaping.com and I am using it on a regular 510 battery. It's still going strong after two weeks of very heavy use. I've noticed a big jump in vapor production and very little loss of flavor. In fact, no loss of flavor when using TV's Tastyfinger and Halo's Torque 56.

I am totally sold. From now on, it's LR attys for me. They are the only 510 attys I want to use.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Scott, as always, you set the standard for clear, informative reviews! Thank you!

I've noticed a big jump in vapor production and very little loss of flavor. In fact, no loss of flavor when using TV's Tastyfinger and Halo's Torque 56.
My experience with the thick e-liquid (e.g., Boba's Bounty) from Alien Visions in the LR 801 atomizer is similar to yours with those liquids, KP. In my case at least, they smother my regular attys, but blossom in LR (as I am sure they would on 5V).

Scott, as always, you set the standard for clear, informative reviews! Thank you!

My experience with the thick e-liquid (e.g., Boba's Bounty) from Alien Visions in the LR 801 atomizer is similar to yours with those liquids, KP. In my case at least, they smother my regular attys, but blossom in LR (as I am sure they would on 5V).

Ah, interesting. Thank you for the info Don! My wife has an 801. I should get here an LR atty for it and see what she thinks.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
Hmm... interesting. Do you ever use any of the, what I like to call, "artisan juices", such as those by Tasty Vapor or Mrs. T's Bakery? I know from your previous reviews that you like to keep it simple and favor juices like Totally Wicked tobacco, but I wonder if the varying differences you notice would factor in the difference between a handmade juice vs. something mass produced.

The reason I ask is I primarily use my TW Tornado and have considered a LR atty, but my juices tend to be the custom blends.

For that matter, anyone else reading this, if you have experience with a LR atty and, say, Tasty Vapor's liquids, how does it perform?

Thanks!

I use TV and TW. Both on LR atomizers equals amazing awesomeness deliciosity (not a word but should be). There really are no words to explain the LR experience. Just wonderful. Makes me a happy vaper.

BarryK

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Essex ENGLAND
On my last order to TW (uk) I added an LR atomiser just to try it out.

The order arrived on June 3rd and because the atomiser in use was OK I didn't try the LR atty for a few days.

It was actually quite brilliant, I had expected battery life to be reduced but, as I no longer need a 'priming' puff, I found battery life to be as good as with the standard atty.

Unfortunately, the bloody thing died this morning (open circuit) - I contacted Tara at TW and recieved the following reply:

"Hi Barry,
Unfortunately the low resistance atomisers are not covered by a warranty, we only allow 24 hours to inform us of dead on arrivals.

Kind Regards
Tara"

I've been a regular customer of TW (TECC) for nearly 2 years and I find it totally un-acceptable that they refuse to replace an atty with only around 10 days use...............in future all my requirements will be met by Eastmall - especially now that David is selling lr atomisers for 3 bucks each! and with a 7 day warranty.

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I just want to add one point here....I pretty sure I tried everyones LR at this point and TWs lasted me the longest and was more enjoyable. Others (maybe 1 or 2) came close but they had small issues for me. One came in all black and had NO markings to distinguish it from regular 510 attys. I placed it in a bin where I keep my attys and could'nt figure (by sight) which one was the LR. Not with TWs which are clearly marked on the Gold band. The second competitors was sold black but did have etched LR-em5 on the bottom did perform ok but was harder to draw on. Bottomline...TWs gets my LR business!!! :thumb:

Someone PMed me to say they ALL come from the same manufactures which may or not be true but in any case I can tell the difference and TWs ARE MY FAVORITE!!!

Last edited:

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Ah, interesting. Thank you for the info Don! My wife has an 801. I should get here an LR atty for it and see what she thinks.
Be aware, KP, that LR attys are for use only on 450+ mAh batteries, i.e., a mod (or, in the case of the 510, the eGO or mod), not on standard 801 batteries.

However, the atomizer that came with my EM (EastMall) 801 is not called "LR" but it certainly is lower resistance (and harder hitting) than the standard 801. I've been using it successfully with the included EM 801 batteries.

I'm not crazy about China shipping costs, but was able to purchase it from an ECF member via the Classifieds. Since then, I have prevailed upon DeXTeR of Vapor Junction (which carries EM products) to begin carrying the EM 801. Hopefully they'll be in soon.

BarryK

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Essex ENGLAND
Hi Unsure

I'm guessing then that you have got a reasonable life span from your LR's? - I'm perfectly happy with the performance of the 1 TW LR that I've used, but I'd like to know your (and anyone else's) opinion as to what the average life on an LRa is.

Maybe I was just unlucky with the TW LRa .................... ?

Cheers
Barry

PS - I can guess why Deewals post, and my response, has been removed from this thread but a pm from the Mods explaining the reasons for removal would have been appreciated................ I'd hate to think that any post, that is other than complimentary to the various suppliers that use this forum, will be deleted ?

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com

Thanks!

hi mate,

sorry for the delay in replying...........

im not actually a big fan of TW tobacco e-liquid...........but i am a big fan of the tobacco carts that come in the TW titan and tornado starter kits.........yum!

i do prefer my plain old boring tobacco flavours though and get most of my daily vapes from liberty flights.........their VG Cigar is the current fave, love it!

i have used a LR atty with a few home brew mixes and id say that they actually perform a bit better in the flavour stakes than standard e-liquid. but then with a home brew mix you can add more flavouring until you get it to the desired level :)

ive not used (nor heard of!) the 2 that you mentioned though so unfortunately cannot comment on those :(

cheers,

scott

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
I can guess why Deewals post, and my response, has been removed from this thread but a pm from the Mods explaining the reasons for removal would have been appreciated................ I'd hate to think that any post, that is other than complimentary to the various suppliers that use this forum, will be deleted ?

posts got deleted from this thread? i cant see anything that says "post deleted by moderator for x reason" which normally appears when the mod squad remove something! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread