Hi everyone, I have questions but first... the link I followed was for a UK forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
Looking at the threads it seems mostly people in the US post here. Is there a UK version of this forum? I ask because many of the suppliers people recommend won't be much help to me if they're not in the UK.

I don't know what happened, in google it clearly said UK forum. Any help appreciated, thanks.

ECF is a UK forum, it is just that more from the US post here ;)

There are subforums for locations though, and there is one for UK people specifically.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Excellent thanks for the reply Bill. I should have looked around for a UK section first. I'm not xenophobic by the way I just don't want to follow advice for products I can't buy lol.

Welcome from across the pond. We do have many members here from the UK. As a matter of fact this forum was starting by a gent from the UK. Just keep talking to us here and before you know it, you will have enough post to go to the UK forum here

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=19817846

:)

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Thanks vsummer and Sugar. I have so many questions to ask. I'm currently making my way through the new members information thread and already I'm finding the answers to some of my questions. I'm so glad I found this forum.

I tried my first e cig today (just a quick test in a shopping mall at a stall) and decided I could definitely live with them as an alternative to smoking but the only ones he sold looked exactly like cigarettes (which I don't want).

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks vsummer and Sugar. I have so many questions to ask. I'm currently making my way through the new members information thread and already I'm finding the answers to some of my questions. I'm so glad I found this forum.

I tried my first e cig today (just a quick test in a shopping mall at a stall) and decided I could definitely live with them as an alternative to smoking but the only ones he sold looked exactly like cigarettes (which I don't want).

Good for you. Most new vapers want to duplicate their smoking experience down to the size of the ecig. I thought that myself for like 2 seconds and then said why would I want it to look like a cigarette? I didn't care from that point on, just as long as I could get a system to keep me off of the stinkies. This industry sure has come a long way in 3+ years...
So what do you think you would like to try first? What are your expectations as to battery life, size of ecig, etc.?

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Good for you. Most new vapers want to duplicate their smoking experience down to the size of the ecig. I thought that myself for like 2 seconds and then said why would I want it to look like a cigarette? I didn't care from that point on, just as long as I could get a system to keep me off of the stinkies. This industry sure has come a long way in 3+ years...
So what do you think you would like to try first? What are your expectations as to battery life, size of ecig, etc.?

To be honest I have absolutely no idea. What difference does the size of the thing make? Battery life I don't know... I was under the impression you could charge them anyway.

One weird question I have which probably sounds stupid... when you smoke a normal cig you finish it and throw it away. How do you know how to stop with an ecig? Do you just smoke till you've had enough?

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
One weird question I have which probably sounds stupid... when you smoke a normal cig you finish it and throw it away. How do you know how to stop with an ecig? Do you just smoke till you've had enough?

Yep, just do it till You satisfied, don't worry before too long You will fall into Your own rhythm it's different for everyone

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Hello and Welcome to ECF

The link above for the UK forum doesn't seem to be working try this one UK Forum but don't be a stranger around the rest of the forum a lot of good info to be obtained here.

Thanks for the link Moonlit and don't worry I'll pop up all over the place I'm one of those annoying types that has a ton of questions about everything :)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
To be honest I have absolutely no idea. What difference does the size of the thing make? Battery life I don't know... I was under the impression you could charge them anyway.

The size of the battery determines how long between the times you charge it. So, if you want one that will last all day before you charge it(and it depends on how much you use it also), that may make a difference to you. If you see a description of an ecig that says for eq. 900 mah, that translates to around 9 hrs of vaping time before you would need to recharge it.
As for when to know when enough is enough with the nic, that would depend of the strength of the nic. What do you smoke? Does it list a nic content? Say you smoke a cig that has 1.8mg in it. That would translate to 18mg in ejuice. Your body will telll you when you have had enough. And please be sure to increase your liquid intake as vaping will dry you out. This isn't something you should avoid. Plus it helps to flush out the toxins from the years of smoking reg cigarettes.

Hope this little bit helps.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello and Welcome to ECF

The link above for the UK forum doesn't seem to be working try this one UK Forum but don't be a stranger around the rest of the forum a lot of good info to be obtained here.

oops. Good catch. Should have tested it first.:facepalm:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

Sure - everything is rechargeable. But the smaller the actual size of the battery the smaller it's run capacity. You can only cram so much battery goo in those tiny cigalike batteries, so to speak. And that's one of the biggest annoyances with cigalikes: having to recharge that type of battery every hour of use gets real tired, real fast. You can easily run into a dilemma where the run time of a cigalike is between 45 to 90 minutes, but it can take nearly two hours to charge. And that's a problem.

Very roughly, a 180 mAh cigalike battery? 45 - 90 minutes run time. A 1000 mAh eGo style? A good 8 - 10 hours run time between charges.

Not weird at all. There are many aspects to the "vaping is not smoking" learning curve. That's just one of 'em! But I'm not sure which question you are asking: How long do they last, that is until they fail? Or how much/how often do you use it?

If you meant how much/how often? You have to dive in and sort it out. It can depend on how heavy a smoker you were... There is no hard and fast rule that everyone absorbs the same amount of nicotine from the experience... And we don't have any easy way to factor "if I smoked this number of that brand, how much vaping does that equate to?"

As part of the "vaping is not smoking" trade off you actually have to work at vaping enough when you start. The cues you used to get from smoking aren't in play. There is no lit cigarette generating smoke and reminding you to use it or waste it. You actually have to pick up your e-cig and push a button - in that way there is no auto pilot like with smoking. You are shooting for overall consistency in your vaping experience throughout the day. You don't get those instant nicotine rushes out of an e-cig like you do with smoking, so trying to chase cravings doesn't work very well as an approach, especially when you are trying to quit smoking.

It's not as complicated as I just made it sound. lol Just keep in mind that it is different from smoking so there are a few things to adjust to.

Welcome! :)

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Thanks a lot Rickajho. I'm prepared for the experience to be very different from normal cigs. The first thing I've read that alarmed me a bit is it can be dangerous to inhale e cigs the way you do with normal ones. That could be a problem for me, I automatically inhale. I realise you have to draw the vapour in slowly I have no problem with that.

I was reading on the new members info page that you don't inhale it into the lungs so to what extent do you inhale it? Maybe I misread the whole thing. I'll have to have another look...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread