Hi everyone ~ look forward to chatting :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persephone33

Jun 8, 2019
Louisville, KY
Greetings everyone....
I’m so glad that I found this forum. Everyone seems kind & also patient with newbies (such as myself!!). Of course I have questions, specifically right now how or where to purchase new coils for my Tobeco 25mm Supertank. I tend to vape at a lower wattage & prefer a cool vape over a hot one anyday! There are .2 & .5 to decide between & also is there a less expensive option than Tobeco?

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

There will be lots of places to get the Tobeco coils. Try and update your account to give your location so that the answers can be region specific. Click on your account and go to personal details and fill in the location info and save. It will then show up on your Avatar so that people can target there responses more usefully.

:thumbs:

Persephone33

Jun 8, 2019
Louisville, KY
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

There will be lots of places to get the Tobeco coils. Try and update your account to give your location so that the answers can be region specific. Click on your account and go to personal details and fill in the location info and save. It will then show up on your Avatar so that people can target there responses more usefully.

:thumbs:
Thanks! I think I signed up at like 3am with one eye open & half conscious. I was literally exhausted from asking questions on the web & getting odd answers so I’ll go finish this so you guys know a bit more about who I am & of course where I am.

Persephone33

Jun 8, 2019
Louisville, KY
Greetings everyone....
I’m so glad that I found this forum. Everyone seems kind & also patient with newbies (such as myself!!). Of course I have questions, specifically right now how or where to purchase new coils for my Tobeco 25mm Supertank. I tend to vape at a lower wattage & prefer a cool vape over a hot one anyday! There are .2 & .5 to decide between & also is there a less expensive option than Tobeco?
Thanks for the links! When I think of the hours I spent googling for answers, it makes me laugh at myself. You guys are the best!

Persephone33

Jun 8, 2019
Louisville, KY
Ok...you probably knew this was coming, yup, I have a coil question. I vape between 28-40W & stay away from TC. My Aspire NX75 has a million settings. Anyway, I avoid a “hot hit” which is why I’m at such a low wattage. I’m approaching the end of my first 5 pack that came with everything I bought from a friend that had never smoked cigs & realized she didn’t enjoy vaping (duh! silly girl) but just wanted to try it. Sorry, I’m rambling- I got the Aspire along with a Tobeco 25 Supertank which I like quite a bit. In your opinion, with my low wattage vaping preference, should I order .2 (again as that’s what I’ve had) or do you think .5 would be better? I read somewhere that vaping at a low wattage on a certain resistance will burn coils faster & I certainly don’t need that. Thanks for reading my tangents.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
In your opinion, with my low wattage vaping preference, should I order .2 (again as that’s what I’ve had) or do you think .5 would be better?
Welcome and glad you joined.
A quick primer about ohms, heat of vape and wattage when compared to cost. The higher the ohm values generally require less power (watts) needed and should give you a cooler vape. You are vaping sub ohm coils (less than standard 1 ohm and above coils) which are gleefully recommended by manufacturers and vape suppliers. It's like trying to get better mileage out to a truck, not going to happen.
Might want to look at a hybrid tank where you can buy coils ready made and when you feel ready to build your own coils and wick them, build on the same tank.
re:
Kanger Subtank Mini with the RBA/purch option Vertical OCC: 1.2 Ohm / Range 12 - 25 W.
Kanger Subtank Mini 4.5ml Tank - Authentic Kanger™ - Vapor Authority
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
How many watts do you vape at?
Resistance is Futile - Vapor Connection LLC | Pittsburgh's Premiere Vapor Shop & Lounge
What Ohms should I choose?
Efficiency. Thinner wire and higher resistance VS thick wire and lower resistance
10 Tips for Flavour-Chasing Vapers – Ashtray Blog
Sub-Ohm Vaping Explained – Pros and Cons of a Controversial Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread