Hi everyone!! New here looking for some tips from the pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainNick

Aug 25, 2013
Fl
Hello, my name is Nick and I have been vaping exclusively for 3 1/2 weeks I started out with white cloud and that was ok for a week or so but then I went to a local shop and purchased a smoking revolution t2 sr elite package. The kit didn't come with any info at all but the guy at the shop showed me how everything worked. I and happy with the unit it works light years better than the white cloud and I have even found some flavors that I like (bobas bounty). My question is if I wanted to upgrade the batteries/ clearamizer is it compatible with any old t2 system. According to their web site it's is not compatible with an other manufactures products? And does smoking revolution make a good product? No complaints so far but I'm just curious. Thanks in advance for your help with all my newbie questions I would attach pics of the ecig but I haven't figured that out yet. And I smoked camel lights 2 packs a day for 10 years!!!

onion456

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Houston, TX
Hey Nick, congrats on your success!

from what i can tell from their website, that looks like an ego-C and EVOD clone. cant tell you how great that particular version is, but if its working and youre happy, thats all that counts of course. You could try picking up a real Kanger EVOD for about $5 and see if it works on your battery, that might answer some questions about what other things might work...

onion456

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Houston, TX
here is the ego-C battery threading, does yours look like this?

ego threading.jpg

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I'd take it back to the shop and see what fits. Their site isn't at all clear.... they list T3 and other ego thread clearos, but then do say, as you point out, that their stuff isn't compatible... although that part seemed heavy on the "with 510" language.

True, if it's ego thread it won't go on a 510, but I don't know if that's really what they mean.

But if you go to the shop and a T3S or Evod fits and works, you're set for knowing what you can get.

CaptainNick

Aug 25, 2013
Fl
Yes that battery is identical to mine from what I can tell it has the inside threads as well as the outside ones so I guess it's is compatible after all? Can you recommend any upgrades that might enhance my vaping experience? It seems to be ok but I did have a small issue with a burned flavor so I changed the thing with the wick? Pardon my ignorance. Atomizer is it? Every once in a while it seems like the vapes are not full flavor or a bit burned. But not as often with the new thingy... The juice is 50/50

onion456

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Houston, TX
no problemo Nick.

so two things i can think of that cause burnt taste, is that either your voltage is too high for the resistance of the coil youre using (which getting a Variable Voltage battery easily cures- dial it in to the best vape!), or the wick on the atomizer is for some reason not feeding juice to the coil fast enough. replacing the atomizer may help... we are all searching for that 'full flavor' lol.. sometimes i go after it so hard i have to stop and remind myself- this is my cigarette lol. what should i expect from this thing. at least it tastes like butter pecan now and not nasty tobacco.

i dont know to what length you are willing to go in looking to upgrade- you can learn TONS just by reading here, and also Phil Busardo does great product reviews on youtube, either search pbusardo or go his his website, tasteyourjuice.com, to start narrowing down models you are interested in.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
If it really is ego threaded, which would be a good thing, then you also need a backup battery. I'd suggest something like a Spinner, a variable voltage ego/510 threaded unit. VV lets you adjust the amount of power (by controlling the voltage) that heats the coil and makes the vapor. That way you can adjust both for differences in the resistance of different coils, and because juices taste different at different power levels.

If your battery is fixed voltage, it's likely 3.7 (although some are 3.2) You might want to try say a 2.4 or 2.5 ohm coil in your evod - some ship with a 1.8, which will run hotter and may be part of your "burnt" taste issue as well.

I also bought the smokingrevolution E-Vapor T2...But my battery is different... Mine doesn't have threads inside.. the threads are on the edge of the tip of the battery... the battery has SR2 written on it and I have the same problem attempting to find a battery. I believe I found the coils/wick which the photo of the Kanger T2 seems to be the same... I ordered some from e-bay to give it a shot , hope they work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread