Hi everyone! New to vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymers13

Aug 11, 2017
Hi everyone I'm new to vaping and I've had some bad luck to start so I'm hoping someone can help. So I purchased the sigelei T150 mod. For the tank I got the new uwell crown III. Well the first few hours I used my mod went great then I started getting the error "check atomizer " so I messed around with it and swapped out batteries and what not and got it working again. Well for 2 days I kept getting that error and kept having to take everything apart and putting it back together. Needless to say my tank started leaking and it over heated the whole mod and started going up in smoke. I quickly took it outside and took the batteries out and let it cool off. I'm getting my mod replaced from the manufacturer. So that's not the problem. My issue is the tank and possibly the batteries. My brother has been vaping for some time and he thinks the batteries I got could have been the main issue. I need a new tank and I don't think I want to go with the crown again. (It wound up melting on part of it and the drip tip melted as well) What tank would you recommend for a beginner that doesn't leak like crazy? And what brand batteries would you recommend as well? (18650)
I apologize this is so lengthy and thank you in advance!

Reactions: Letitia

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Welcome to ecf !
Also any tank can leak only tanks that are "leak proof" are ones with airflow at the top.
I've heard only positive about the uwell III so probably the issues you had were user errors
Can't say for batteries,but i do love my big baby beast and fat scylla sv which i've been using on and off for a while now.

Jaymers13

Aug 11, 2017
Welcome to ecf !
Also any tank can leak only tanks that are "leak proof" are ones with airflow at the top.
I've heard only positive about the uwell III so probably the issues you had were user errors
Can't say for batteries,but i do love my big baby beast and fat scylla sv which i've been using on and off for a while now.
Okay thank you for your input. I've heard great things about the baby beast I'll have to look into it.
Welcome to ecf !
k

Reactions: QcVaper

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Welcome to ECF!

Thank God that incident didn't hurt you or cause a fire.

I cringe every time I hear of a newcomer being sold or being talked into buying a dual battery, high wattage, cloud blowing setup.

The Sigeli 150 & Crown III is a great setup in the hand of an experienced vaper. It is a potential catastrophe in the hand of someone who doesn't yet know the power of the device.

Learning how to quit smoking safely is what I would want to do. There are many options available that throw much less power and satisfy the nicotine Jones very well. A lot of us here started very small, learned much along the way to bigger more powerful gear.

Find a well-stocked vendor and pick out one of the many starter kits available. Be safe! :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You may wish to consider something a bit simpler/lower wattage starting out? You may even prefer it. If that happened to me with a setup like that, I would run FAR far away from Smok products, only because they can be a bit unreliable to start with, and I'd hate to see you have that experience TWICE.

I'd recommend a starter kit with a MTL tank with various options for coil sizes. Obviously, I am going to recommend the Nautilus 2, as I love it, but it might be a great starter option for you as the coils come in various sizes down to a 0.7 coil which IS sub-ohm, but a bit less... Excitable. I vape mine at 0.7 at 10 watts, and that's on a two battery mod, just because I enjoy the battery life (I do have an aspire zelos setup, which is my backup vape, it's a good starter kit other than it doesn't have removable batteries. But, if you are getting your mod replaced, there's no reason you can't run that on your replacement mod, just PLEASE make sure your batteries aren't fakes (I am assuming you are not planning to re-use the batteries you have now, right?)

It's fairly typical to use more nicotine and slightly lower VG in a MTL tank, but I vape mine at max VG due to PG sensitivity when inhaled....

You can go here to learn more about batteries and suppliers: Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

Also, make sure you buy a decent charger and don't charge removable batteries by USB port if you can avoid it. And, try some lower wattage/different tanks.

Congrats for taking what happened in stride (I guess?) and coming here to find answers. I want to use rebuildable tanks too, but I'm taking that nice and slow, and it's working for me so far. I probably won't fire up any coil I made for a week or two (still reading, calculating, etc.) I... know my limits, though. :)

Best of luck, PLEASE be careful, and happy vaping!

Anna

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome to ECF. Since you are still working out how you prefer to vape, I would recommend a versatile tank. There are many tanks out there that offer both mtl and dtl + rba options. Will let others make recommendations on those. I haven't used mtl in quite some time. I did love my Kanger Mini Sub for crossover.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everyone I'm new to vaping and I've had some bad luck to start so I'm hoping someone can help. So I purchased the sigelei T150 mod. For the tank I got the new uwell crown III. Well the first few hours I used my mod went great then I started getting the error "check atomizer " so I messed around with it and swapped out batteries and what not and got it working again. Well for 2 days I kept getting that error and kept having to take everything apart and putting it back together. Needless to say my tank started leaking and it over heated the whole mod and started going up in smoke. I quickly took it outside and took the batteries out and let it cool off. I'm getting my mod replaced from the manufacturer. So that's not the problem. My issue is the tank and possibly the batteries. My brother has been vaping for some time and he thinks the batteries I got could have been the main issue. I need a new tank and I don't think I want to go with the crown again. (It wound up melting on part of it and the drip tip melted as well) What tank would you recommend for a beginner that doesn't leak like crazy? And what brand batteries would you recommend as well? (18650)
I apologize this is so lengthy and thank you in advance!
Welcome and glad you joined.
I have give you some information to help a beginner learn a little about vaping.
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
http://guidetovaping.com/category/e-cig-beginner/
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
HI and welcome. Sigelei is a pretty good brand name; I'm not surprised you're getting it warrantied. If I were picking a new, two-battery mod right now, I'd probably lean toward a Sinuous Predator 228. I have one and I like it. (There are, of course, many others, but I was leaning toward the "reasonable quality, don't break the bank" type). I am also very fond of the Reuleaux RX200, but this is a three-battery mod. They have others, like the 2/3, which can be rigged for 2 or 3 batteries, but I don't have one so I can't comment. Neither do I know much about pre-fab coil tanks as I have wound my own coils for years. I do know the various "Beast" tanks from Smok are well thought of in that area, despite being allergic to trying one. One caveat: if you ever intend, or want to try, coil building, the Beast tanks have an RBA that is alleged to be finicky to build on and would therefore not be a good place to start learning. As to batteries, I below append @Mooch 's chart, so you an see what batteries he recommends. I personally lean toward the LG HD2Cs or the HE4s. Other good choices are the Sony VTC5, VTC5A and VTC6, or the Samsung 25R or 30Q cells.

mooch chart.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
When you get back a replacement mod, certainly use one of the batteries on the recommended Mooch list as @djsvapour posted. I wouldn't worry too much about the fact it can run at high wattage as you don't have to use it that way, and get the benefit of a dual battery mod having longer run time. For a tank, as already mentioned, it's your preference. You can look through the tank section on this forum for some experiences and opinions of what would work best.

If you do have a check atomizer notification, there's a problem in the connection between the tank and mod. If it doesn't resolve with something simple like a loose coil, best to just stop using it and head over here for some help.

Jaymers13

Aug 11, 2017
Welcome to ECF!

Thank God that incident didn't hurt you or cause a fire.

I cringe every time I hear of a newcomer being sold or being talked into buying a dual battery, high wattage, cloud blowing setup.

The Sigeli 150 & Crown III is a great setup in the hand of an experienced vaper. It is a potential catastrophe in the hand of someone who doesn't yet know the power of the device.

Learning how to quit smoking safely is what I would want to do. There are many options available that throw much less power and satisfy the nicotine Jones very well. A lot of us here started very small, learned much along the way to bigger more powerful gear.

Find a well-stocked vendor and pick out one of the many starter kits available. Be safe! :)
Yes I know! I feel that I was very lucky that nothing worse happened! I am looking into kits that have lower wattage and something a little simpler. I figured once I get my replacement sigelei I'll hold onto that for when I'm more experienced. Thank you for your advice and concern!

Jaymers13

Aug 11, 2017
You may wish to consider something a bit simpler/lower wattage starting out? You may even prefer it. If that happened to me with a setup like that, I would run FAR far away from Smok products, only because they can be a bit unreliable to start with, and I'd hate to see you have that experience TWICE.

I'd recommend a starter kit with a MTL tank with various options for coil sizes. Obviously, I am going to recommend the Nautilus 2, as I love it, but it might be a great starter option for you as the coils come in various sizes down to a 0.7 coil which IS sub-ohm, but a bit less... Excitable. I vape mine at 0.7 at 10 watts, and that's on a two battery mod, just because I enjoy the battery life (I do have an aspire zelos setup, which is my backup vape, it's a good starter kit other than it doesn't have removable batteries. But, if you are getting your mod replaced, there's no reason you can't run that on your replacement mod, just PLEASE make sure your batteries aren't fakes (I am assuming you are not planning to re-use the batteries you have now, right?)

It's fairly typical to use more nicotine and slightly lower VG in a MTL tank, but I vape mine at max VG due to PG sensitivity when inhaled....

You can go here to learn more about batteries and suppliers: Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum

Also, make sure you buy a decent charger and don't charge removable batteries by USB port if you can avoid it. And, try some lower wattage/different tanks.

Congrats for taking what happened in stride (I guess?) and coming here to find answers. I want to use rebuildable tanks too, but I'm taking that nice and slow, and it's working for me so far. I probably won't fire up any coil I made for a week or two (still reading, calculating, etc.) I... know my limits, though. :)

Best of luck, PLEASE be careful, and happy vaping!

Anna
Thank you very much for you response and all the helpful tips ,link and suggestions! Definitely gave me a lot to think about. And thanks for the tip on SMOK products. I was actually looking into getting the SMOKTech QBOX Starter Kit because it's low wattage and recomended for beginners but I'll keep looking. Thank you!

Reactions: Letitia

Jaymers13

Aug 11, 2017
Welcome to ECF. Since you are still working out how you prefer to vape, I would recommend a versatile tank. There are many tanks out there that offer both mtl and dtl + rba options. Will let others make recommendations on those. I haven't used mtl in quite some time. I did love my Kanger Mini Sub for crossover.
Thank you very much for the advice!

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Thank you very much for you response and all the helpful tips ,link and suggestions! Definitely gave me a lot to think about. And thanks for the tip on SMOK products. I was actually looking into getting the SMOKTech QBOX Starter Kit because it's low wattage and recomended for beginners but I'll keep looking. Thank you!
Don't. The Qbox has a very small battery and with a tank like the baby beast (or big baby) it will not last very long. You're better off with any other mod and whatever smok tank you'd prefer (or any other sub 0hm tank tbh)

Again stay off the Qbox it looks nice but that's about all there is to it imho :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread