The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi guys, I'm new here

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Younis, Oct 6, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Younis

Younis New Member

Oct 6, 2018
    Hello to all of you my fellows and fellas. I'm new here becuase my friend told me to join this forum. I'm also new to vaping. I get my vape before tow days and it is a chinese one named Jomotech arrow tc80. I have a question about charging, I get a usb charger included but no wall adapter and now I'm concerned if I can use my wall adapter 5V-1A. The battery of my device is 2200mAh and runs at max 80W. In the user manual it is advised to use the included usb charger or a charger that could at least pass through 2A. So is it ok to use my own wall adapter 5V-1A or should I use something else?

Thank you all in advance.

• Like Like x 4
  2. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    Yes you can use a charger (i'm guessing your device has an internal battery since you didn't speak about external ones) as long as it's a 5v 1Amp one, some might say it's 2 amps compatible but in the long run i'd say 1 amp is safer.

Just don't use a computer usb port to charge it, that's a bad idea.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The charger for your battery device is actually inside the mod itself. The USB cord is just a connector to an energy source. A good AC/DC wall wort would be a good investment if you don't have one.

I wouldn't connect the USB cord to a computer USB port for charging purposes, because should something short out not only will the mod and cord be fried but so might the computer.

Never charge over night or when unattended by you. The reason why is what happened below:

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes, the amount of "charge" pulled from the wall wart is dependent on your device, not how much power the wall wart can put out. It's not going to "take" more than it is capable of, although yes like everyone says don't use a computer.

If you are using a power source LESS than what is designed for the mod it should still charge up, just more slowly, I would think. But, that's not going to harm the mod either.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Rangertrix

Rangertrix Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    Collinsville, OK
    As @QcVaper stated I wouldn't use anything larger than 5v 1amp for charging a battery in a mod.
    The charging circuit inside the mod should pull no more power than it needs but limiting it at the source is an added layer of safety, and slower charging prolongs the overall life of your battery as well.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Loads of good information already passed on so I will just say hello and welcome to ECF.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Use a 1 amp connected to a wall wart and welcome to ecf.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. MJCSD

MJCSD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    Hello and welcome to ecf

• Like Like x 2
  9. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    5v 1.0a is fine.

I use a 5v 2.0 for my big equipment.

All e-cigarettes are from China. (more or less).
    Jomotech are copies of another product of one of the Chinese brands.

That's just for info.

Personally, I would probably avoid Jomotech as I don't expect the replacement coils are as cheap as the other brand coils if you can order from China. They might be cheaper on Amazon or eBay than Kanger or Eleaf... but I buy the 'top' brands coils direct from China. For me, as someone who doesn't use lots of coils (I rebuild and use RDAs) it's probably only $50 a year saving. For someone who uses a lot of coils, buying direct can save a lot of money.

A Jomotech 'kit' from China is probably $25-$40. You probably paid very little more on a 'famous' multi-product website I'm guessing.

Overall, I expect you did OK! Enjoy. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. DaveOno

DaveOno ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

This might be a poor translation from Chinese, but...
    Maybe they meant, " If you vape while charging at high power (over 60W), called pass through, you should use a 2A source." I've seen 2 mods that couldn't support themselves in pass thru, both melted the female usb port.

The other translation is, "Yes, you could use any usb power, but we prefer you make us richer and buy ours."

But for charging? Most any would work. Of course, a .5A will take a while.

Every few charges, feel the plug and mod. It should never feel hot. Actually, this goes for most cables and cords.

Welcome, and vape on...

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Younis

Younis New Member

Oct 6, 2018
    I charged it with my wall wart 5V-1A as I was advised by you guys and everything went well. Thank you all for your help

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. VapePro

VapePro Senior Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Slow charge is really REALLY realy REALY REALLY REALLy for reALLY good for your batteries !! You think I'm trolling but do YOU knOW why? Not why I am trolling, cause Im NOt. NO, Why it is good to charge your batteries slOW. BECAUSE it repairs them and makes them LAST LONGER! yup true fact i SAW it on Discovery Channel.

YOur welcome. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  13. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    I would contact the distributor or manufacturer and ask the question(s). Better safe than sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bigbob2322

bigbob2322 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Glad to help, that's what this forum does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Hi Younis...Welcome to ECF...

I mention this only because it took me 2? 3? years to figure this out...but...if you click on "Watch Thread" at the top right of the first post (I usually check NO Emails on the Pop-Up that comes up)...then when you return to ECF you can click on "Watched Threads" in the 2nd GREY bar at the top...to get a list of your threads with UNread (by you) new posts...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.