Hi guys, new member :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris H.

Apr 4, 2016
Hi guys, been a part time lurker for a year or so now when I was just using a pen and vaping 80pg liquids... Blueerghh.

In the last few months I've moved on to an istick 60w TC with the melo2 tank I use the rba head, ta1 titanium for temp control and rayon after comparing it's use against organic cotton (infinitely better people in case you're on the fence) and as money is tight I did my research and found out that I can use my mrs tampons for it!?!? Lol I know... Tampons BUT li-lets teens are made from 100% unbleached rayon and tbh it's effin awesome compared to muji and ko gen do :D p.s will be buying cellucotton rayon from eBay when I get some spare pennies :) tampons not really my style and the cellucotton rayon come already pretty much Scottish rolled ready to go.

I've joined now because I'm looking for tweaks and recommendations, i only vape on temp control and my setup allows me to chuck clouds pretty much the same size as my mates 200w snowolf with 1 of his 30 rdas with dual Claptons when I'm on 0.45ohm and 500Farenheight-ish at TWENTY watts yes that's right chucking like an rda with a tank and single coil, not sure how tbh.

I'm in desperate need of a decent high capacity battery as my Samsung 25r is the only battery I have and even at 2500mah on 20watts temp controlled it just doesn't quite last all day which is frustrating, any recommendations?

I'm looking at the LG hg2, Samsung 30Q or 32E and the Sanyo 3500mah beast, need to get one of each really to see what's best, don't NEED 20amp output at all as my setup only draws about 6-7amps currently.

I currently vape exclusively 3mg nictotine, highest vg possible Vapemate eliquids as I think they're really good value for money, oh and a few onepoundeliquid as they're £1! And they have some great flavours. Vapemate and their customer service is second to none, refreshing change to what I'm sure we're all used to the way customer service is like in the UK lol.

I'm IT tech support by trade but have huge interests in music rap only... NOT mainstream crap, real artwork rap, with real lyricism and wordplay, eminem, Royce da 5'9, Joel ortiz, tech n9ne, ces cru etc etc, basically the best, also a fan of the underdogs, Chris webby, emilio rojas, illmaculate and onlyone etc.

I also like anything technical, I'm a heavy android modder, film fanatic, massive dog fan and owner of a lovely, fantastically well behaved and trained, beautiful blue fawn staffy cross *ahem* ;)

I was looking to get the mrs a 40w istick temp control (and unlock the hidden ti setting of course) with a pink isub tank to cater for her ease of use and complete lack of interest in anything other than filling up and tank and enjoying the random flavours I've managed to sway her to from strictly mint, mint oooorrrr mint.

After reading that the 40w istick uses all 40w when in temp control I've second guessed it (as it'll rinse the battery) and was hoping to get some advice for something that's similar in form factor and functionality that doesn't break the bank? - been out of work a while because I broke my big toe after professionally stubbing it on the stairs, yep pro style crunch.

Anyways I've rambled enough now probably given you guys waaay too much to read but I think intros should paint a picture and hopefully I have, nice to meet you all, after lurking for so long you seem like a decent lot... I hope :)

Chris.

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
LOL vaping off tampons. whatever works for you hehe. I would not buy cellucotton off ebay as it is often resold for higher then it really cost. Try Sally Beauty Supply has hair products, salon supplies, spa supplies, cosmetics, and more! you can get 500 feet their for like $20 and it will last you a lifetime.

I would recommend LG HG2 for batteries. You will not get much more battery life though so do not expect much. Best bet is to get a second battery to swap out when the first one dies.

Last edited:

Chris H.

Apr 4, 2016
LOL I know tampons... managed to make some fantastic scottish rolls out of it hehe (and its waaay better than cotton, cant see myself ever going back) BUT I did my research and its 100% un-treated, un-bleached rayon (as its used for tampons, additive free, scent free so as not to cause septic shock in sensitive areas for teens)

I'm in the UK so unfortunately I have to pay between £1-2 a meter of cellucotton from people that have managed to get 2.5 KILOS of the stuff for about $20 :/

I've just checked the website and they don't ship to UK there is a local beauty/salon supply that I'm going to check out tomorrow with the Mrs, my friend gave me some cellucotton rayon which will probably last me about 3 months only a few inches of it! but I'd love a little box of it... lifetime supply for next to nothing cost wise :D

I've been reading about fibre freaks and other high end brands now incorporating into their "secret" blend and/or selling it outright as rayon... but I've also read that cotton bacon V2 and a couple of others like Puffs don't have the downfalls of previous versions of vapers cotton i.e the flavour and the browning above 430F etc.

I'm definitely getting the 3500mah sanyo batteries though when I can afford to treat myself as im only temp controlling I don't even hit 9amps so the fact they can comfortable pulse up to 17amps (continuous 10amp dishcharge) AND they didnt go up in temperature even when over stressed disharged anwhere near as much as the other big 3 from the tests ive seen, so that means MEGA capacity without stressing the cells.

Chris H.

Apr 4, 2016
BTW Anyone feel like responding to *any* of the topics I mentioned in my first post feel free I'm quite knowledgeable on what Im interested in, what's the point other wise eh?

And please throw ALL the info you guys have at me with regards to vaping.

I know quite a bit but don't have cash to splash so literally have what i have, but any recommendations will be researched and I'll give credit where it's due if it benefits me in the way of any purchases I'm hoping to make in the very near future.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Reactions: Chris H.

Chris H.

Apr 4, 2016
Argh!

Now my mind has the image of having an emergency wick change at a cafe, taking out and tearing up a tampon ...

Anyway, hi and welcome!

:vapor:

no its not like that at all lol no need for emergency wick change, temp control means the rayon so far.... the longest it has lasted is about a month but the wick was fine just needed to clean the coil ;)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I'm sure buying rayon in bulk, or even on eBay, will be cheaper than tampons :) I use the LG HG2s, and they're excellent cells. There are other mods; you're right about the iStick 40 killing your battery. A Kanger Topbox is worth a look.

Chris H.

Apr 4, 2016
Just to clear things up... I didn't BUY any tampons :lol:

The Mrs uses li-lets teens (she's not a teen she's 26) so when I made my next coil I thought I'd try it out... and TBH I wont be going back to cotton now rayon is sooo much better, unless I get to sample some puffs or bacon v3 or whatever the next "revolutionary" cotton wick they next come out with (tbh so far I've found no discernible difference apart from price and amount you get), and it would have to be a sample, I'm not paying for overpriced stuff when the rayon I currently use is cheaper and performs better, when compared against my friends fibre freaks, bacon, muji, ko gen do... etc etc etc :)

Chris H.

Apr 4, 2016
Hi and welcome. I'm sure buying rayon in bulk, or even on eBay, will be cheaper than tampons :) I use the LG HG2s, and they're excellent cells. There are other mods; you're right about the iStick 40 killing your battery. A Kanger Topbox is worth a look.

What can I get her instead of that but has a similar form factor? OR can I just open up the istick and replace the cell? I assume its just an 18650, or is it a li-po brick?

I have looked at the topbox and im not going to be on the "hate cheap crap kangertech" bandwagon when ive never ACTUALLY seen anything wrong with them personally - and more to the point if your selling more units than any other brand that means there's not only going to be a higher chance of there being a faulty unit produced BUT there is DEFINITELY going to be a higher level of complete m0rons using them, whether faulty or not, some of the stuff ive seen on the web/newspaper that they do with their vaporisers and it blows up and nearly kills them, and they blame it on the product!?

But I want to get something *small* but does temp control that could be more aimed at the female market NOT by it being pink, but by it being small, solid, and able to be chucked in a hand bag etc the istick looked perfect when I found out it I could unlock Ti temp control with it and the mrs liked the design and shes a right fussy fukker sometimes.

the mini volt looks good but no temp control... plus small battery capacity.

Chris H.

Apr 4, 2016
Have you looked at the Istick Pico? It uses an external battery so you could pop an LG HG2 in there which should last longer than the 25R. It is a neat little unit. You could also check out the Tesla Nano 60w which has 3500mah dual Lipos.

Yeah have seen the pico just come out, also the tesla both look good, does the tesla use Ti as we dont use nickel in this house lol will have to see what she thinks of them, replaceable cells are always good anyway, she'll probably want my melo 2 tank though as the refill mechanism is better than twisting the bloody cap off every time, don't get why they're going backwards with that? its like going back to refilling my iclear16 lol

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
What can I get her instead of that but has a similar form factor? OR can I just open up the istick and replace the cell? I assume its just an 18650, or is it a li-po brick?

I have looked at the topbox and im not going to be on the "hate cheap crap kangertech" bandwagon when ive never ACTUALLY seen anything wrong with them personally - and more to the point if your selling more units than any other brand that means there's not only going to be a higher chance of there being a faulty unit produced BUT there is DEFINITELY going to be a higher level of complete m0rons using them, whether faulty or not, some of the stuff ive seen on the web/newspaper that they do with their vaporisers and it blows up and nearly kills them, and they blame it on the product!?

But I want to get something *small* but does temp control that could be more aimed at the female market NOT by it being pink, but by it being small, solid, and able to be chucked in a hand bag etc the istick looked perfect when I found out it I could unlock Ti temp control with it and the mrs liked the design and shes a right fussy fukker sometimes.

the mini volt looks good but no temp control... plus small battery capacity.
The problem is, most of the small TC mods only support Nickel. The eVic VTC has multiple wire support, as does the Kanger Topbox. I bought my woman a Sigelei Mini Book for Christmas last year, and she loves it but... Ni only. Options are pretty limited so far for Ti or SS support. The Tesla Nano has TC-Ti function, no stainless, and is a LiPo battery. The iJoy Solo does Ti wire, 1x18650. The X-Cube mini has 3 wire TC support, 1x18650. The iStick 60 has Ti support, 1x18650. Finally, I believe the iStick 40 uses a LiPo.

Reactions: Chris H.

Chris H.

Apr 4, 2016
The problem is, most of the small TC mods only support Nickel. The eVic VTC has multiple wire support, as does the Kanger Topbox. I bought my woman a Sigelei Mini Book for Christmas last year, and she loves it but... Ni only. Options are pretty limited so far for Ti or SS support. The Tesla Nano has TC-Ti function, no stainless, and is a LiPo battery. The iJoy Solo does Ti wire, 1x18650. The X-Cube mini has 3 wire TC support, 1x18650. The iStick 60 has Ti support, 1x18650. Finally, I believe the iStick 40 uses a LiPo.

yeah I have the istick 60w TC but I don't need to go above 20w to get 500-600f and blow huge clouds, this will apply even less to my Mrs whose actually trying to quit cigarettes and finds the clouds chasing "obnoxious" whereas mines a bit of a hobby and Im a flavour chaser, although 3mg nicotine first thing in the morning I manage much better than caffeine anxiety LOL

Reactions: suprtrkr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread