Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome to ECF. I'm not familiar with that device, but it sounds to me like it is not suited for chain vaping. I would use 60vg/40pg for that coil. sub ohm coils are not designed for juice that thin. That could be the problem. Buy some 60vg or 70vg juice and see if that helps.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
My personal belief is that the 0.5ohm coil isn't suitable for the Joyetech eGo AIO.
Joyetech never intended that coil for it.
As there is no power adjustment, the unit is just going to pump too many watts through that coil for consistent wicking performance. Even the 0.6ohm is dicing with problems.

For me, the 0.6ohm is the pick of the crop, but even then, I use them on VW mods and keep them around the 12-16 watt mark.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
It came with the .6 I burned on day 3. I bought this for ease of use.being a newbie I wanted simple fill and go. I have since come to prefer dtl over mtl so for now it is just going to have to work. I was hoping maybe there was something I could do
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to open a new thread such as: Can someone recommend a DL sub ohm AIO which is low cost and simple to fill and go?
Please note below that Joye describe your -ego AIO as a MTL designed vape.
"Includes (2) Joye Cubis BF SS316L 0.6ohm MTL Atomizer Heads (Mouth to Lung) (15 - 28W)"
The preceding was reproduced from:
Joyetech eGo AIO All in One Starter Kit

For additional reading:
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. Sounds to me like you're having trouble with the wick keeping up on the chain vape. This is not an uncommon problem with store-bought coils. They usually have small wick ports, and there isn't a borking thing you can do about it. Ever considered becoming a coil builder? A good RTA like the Serpent SMM or a good RDTA like the iJoy Limitless, combined with a DTL coil strength and rayon wick will obviate this problem for the most part... Thinner juice might help what you have, but beware throat hit. 12-18 is far greater nic than I'd recommend for DTL, but I suspect it's already pretty harsh and more PG will increase this. And for the nonce, take a sewing needle and jam it into the wick ports to "fluff" the wick when you next install a coil. Sometimes that helps too.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
It came with the .6 I burned on day 3. I bought this for ease of use.being a newbie I wanted simple fill and go. I have since come to prefer dtl over mtl so for now it is just going to have to work. I was hoping maybe there was something I could do

Yes... I know. It's bad. Fill and go without being able to control the power (when the power is too much) is tricky.
If you genuinely only want DTL, then you'll need something else in the long run. Joyetech hoped the 0.5ohm would be half way to DTL in these types of tanks, but sadly, they failed. Flooding and spitting is common.
'Cup design' tanks are a mostly too unpredictable.
Higher VG should help if you have no choice right now.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread