Hi, I badly need help please? Pink Mule Moved To Denmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamRJ

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 28, 2017
    Don't beat up on yourself too much, I think everyone has a rough time at first figuring out how to get the e-juice logistics sorted out (I know I did).

Yeah but like I said in my above posts. It will now be me out of pocket if that parcel gets stopped. I did email liquid barn and ask them to cancel my order and to the refund because as I said I still have not had the email with the tracking number so that means they have not even shipped it yet.

But just to add. I had no issues for a few years as I used Pink Mule. And because Pink Mule is now under new management and they moved to Denmark they have now changed a lot and have hardly any stock available, especially the 500ml purple label 3mg I used to buy from them.

And also now Pink Mule no longer deliver to UK either. I have now noticed there is makemyvape.co.uk. The prices are not too bad. It is just the crazy cost of having to pay for the nicotine shots separate that is scary and makes it more expensive. But I suppose there is a plus and or minus to that as well being that it is a UK company and they do free deliveries on orders over £20 so at least then it is free delivery.

So now I just hope that liquid barn cancel that order and refund me the money so I can then order from makemyvape instead. I will probably at that time ask for some more advice about how much 18mg 10ml shots I would need to buy to mix and make 500ml to make 80%vg/20%pg 3mg I did look at the calculators as well and tested them. But it is still a bit daunting lol.

Last edited:

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    I will probably at that time ask for some more advice about how much 18mg 10ml shots I would need to buy to mix and make 500ml to make 80%vg/20%pg 3mg I did look at the calculators as well and tested them. But it is still a bit daunting lol.
    That's easy, you divide 18mg/ml by your target concentration and then you have the parts nic and parts base you need to mix

(18mg/ml)/(3mg/ml) = 6

ie 1 part 18mg/ml and 5 parts 0mg/ml PG/VG base makes 3mg/ml liquid, those proportions hold true no matter how much liquid you mix. There's other ways to calculate but I prefer this because I calculate the ratio for a nic base once and I'm almost done. Just one more step needed.

So for 500ml you divide by 6

500ml/6 = 83 ml (rounded down from 83.3 but that won't matter)

That means if you buy 8 times 10ml nic shots with 18mg/ml and fill up to 500ml with no nic base you'll have very close to 3mg/ml (a wee bit less, 2.88mg/ml, but you'd have to be a superhuman to notice ;)). That way you also don't have opened shots with some unused base in there, only whole shots used.

Last edited:

jj_9

ECF Veteran
    Oct 3, 2013
    FR
    Yeah I saw that was the case I found bunkerbase a few weeks ago but I was just hesitant to order from them due to lack of reviews about them, could not find anything much about them. Plus the fact that they show a po box in London but yet bunkerbase is a German company.

I am still worried that my parcel from liquid barn might get destroyed. And I do not know if it is too late to cancel it now :( still not had the email with the tracking number yet anyway. And I just checked their FAQ and also tried looking for a way to cancel my order but there is no buttons anywhere to do it or no mention of cancelling an order on their FAQ either. Also I did not create an account so maybe that is why I can not cancel my order cos I am not logged in?

For the delay, on the other forum one says it took 13 days before he got the shipping advice ...

regards
    JJ

Cobra Kai

May 24, 2017
    Hell, Norway
    Oh, sorry I wasn't paying enough attention. I wish I could help you with suppliers in the UK but I'm in the states and am completely ignorant of the laws you guys have to put up with. If your going to make 500ml of your own mix it looks like your going to need 9 10ml shots (83.33ml of 18mg strength nic base according to my calc).

I'd suggest buying your nic shots in 100% pg, generally because it's easier to mix when it's cold after storage in the freezer (it also is a little easier doing the math for the end ratios if you stick with a 100% base). Although really if it's in 10ml shots it probably doesn't matter too much. More importantly though, by going the full DIY route now you will save a lot more cash in the long run, but man I feel your pain on the cost! They really nailed you guys with the restrictions on the nicotine!

It takes a little time to figure out the basics of mixing, but it's not too hard. & once you're set you'll be able to make eliquid at volumes far greater for the same amount of $$ than you would spend on commercial juices. Here is a great thread to get started on the research!

Mixing By Weight: Basics 101

• Informative
    Reactions: DreamRJ

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    @DreamRJ
    INAWERA.COM
    15% OFF

"We were supposed to wait until 31st October, but finally we changed our plans. We trigger off a sale today!
    All individual customers can buy:
    - flavours
    - premixes
    making use of 15% discount.
    All you need is to write the code: PRE and it’s done.
    If you are spoilt for choice we give you a clue below: a set of the most often bought flavours and premixes during the last three weeks.

Have a nice weekend.
    Marcin

Rules of Sale „PRE-HALLOWEEN SALE”
    1. The Organiser of the promotion is Droper Company, Gabriela Waligórska, Turka, ul. Jeżynowa 11, 20-258 Lublin (called later Organiser).
    2. Promotional sale will take place on 26th-28th October 2018.
    3. The customers using promotion will get a discount of 15% for Inawera’s flavours and premixes.
    4. To make use of the promotion you should write the discount code: PRE in the field „If you have a discount coupon write its code” and press CONTINUE. Then the discount will be added.
    5. The promotion concerns products available in INAWERA.COM shop, apart from the products comprised in the others promotions. Sales are not cumulables.
    6. The wholesale customers and testers cannot make use of the sale, only individual customers.
    7. The orders which violate the above rules may be annulated by Organiser.
    8. In the matters not comprised by the present rules the laws of Civil Code are used. All the disputes and claims connected with the Promotion will be settled by the appriopriate court.
    9. Making use of sale the participant confirms that he agrees with the rules of the sale.
    10. The Organiser reserves for himself the right to make any changes during the sale."

Cheers
    I

tailland

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    Hi dreamrj concerning suppliers in UK some hve written about Bunkerbase & Co. London - Liquid Nicotine - E Cigarette Liquid in another forum. They seem to ship very slowly ...
    Confirmed. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from them for 2-2.5 weeks between ordering and your shipping notice.

@DreamRJ: If you got that much pressure, go buy your nic (and base, if you want to mix flavored liquids yourself) from UK Ebay. I've browsed it and the offers there are pretty good.

• Informative

DreamRJ

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 28, 2017
    Ok thanks soo much everyone I really appreciate all the help.

As much as now I am tempted to use bunkerbase, I might just use lucemill.com they have very very cheap 5litre base and also they have the cheapest nic shots I can find, plus they are based in Scotland, so it will be no problem about delivery etc etc cos Scotland is part of the UK still unless they have another referendum that is lol.

Also Just to let you all know the email i sent to liquid barn worked, I had an email saying that they cancelled my order and refunded me, not has the money back to my debit card yet. Probably wont until next Tuesday or Wednesday. But at least it is cancelled and I do not need to worry about the customs or the risk of it getting blocked and destroyed and fined. :)

tailland

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    ArhEH(I!§! STOP ! Nic shots for 5 LITERS of base liquid ? Are you trying to ruin yourself ? Buy premade nic base, that is much cheaper than having 100 bottles of nic shots delivered to your home.

(If you have to, get 80/20 base, add 5x10ml shots per liter to it, and you'll land at round about 70/30 in the end)

Or buy your 5liter canister, then buy this (HERE 1l @ 72mg) and mix them up

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    So one final question. if I buy the 5litre 80%VG/20%PG from lucemill.com what nic shots should I get? if I get 100%PG 10ml nic shots? how will that affect the final PG % in the 80/20 base?
    @DreamRJ,

This is strictly addressing the math using shots. Because you are seeking 3mg/mL nicotine concentration; I would suggest sticking with 18mg/mL shots... simply for the fact that they will decide evenly.

1 liter of base (regardless of PG/VG ratio) requires 20 each 18mg/mL (10mL) shots. If you are dosing only half that (500mL); you would use half the shots (10 each). If you are dosing 5 times as much (5L); you would require 5 times the number of shots (100 shots).

Taking most of the words out, it looks like this:
    500mL/0.5L -- 10 10mL shots of 18mg/mL (resulting in 600mL of 3mg/mL e-liquid)
    1000mL/1.0L -- 20 10mL shots of 18mg/mL (resulting in 1200mL of 3mg/mL e-liquid)
    5000mL/5.0L -- 100 10 10mL shots of 18mg/mL (resulting in 6000mL of 3mg/mL e-liquid)

PLEASE note the volume increase for each. Make sure you are mixing in a container large enough to hold the desired amount of all the liquid (base + shots).

The error of some of the previous math suggestions, is they failed to account for the extra volume the shots themselves add. That is 1000mL of base + 200mL of 18mg/mL nic shots. In reality, you are needing to dose 1200mL, and not 1000mL. Otherwise, you are either ending up with lower nic levels, or not dosing the entire bottle of base.;)

200mL is 1/6 (one sixth) of 1200. That means the nic is being diluted 6 times its original strength. 1/6 of 18mg/mL is 3mg/mL... which is way you are looking for.

You could use the 20mg/mL instead. You could round up to 18 shots (and have 3.05mg/mL), or round down to 17 shots (and have 2.91mg/mL)(based on adding to 1 liter of base).

Once you decide the shot strength you are going to use... then we can talk about how it affects PG/VG ratios.:)

As for figuring the final PG/VG ratio; we would need to know what specific ratios both the shots, and bases are available in. Lucemill has multiple offerings... all with various available ratios. We need to know which ones you are wanting to buy.

Also, knowing what is an acceptable PG/VG range to you, would be a help. Something along the lines of "at least 30PG/70VG, but no more than 20PG/80VG." (Feel free to plug in whatever numbers you are comfortable with.)

• Useful

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    The error of some of the previous math suggestions, is they failed to account for the extra volume the shots themselves add.
    As far as I can tell the question was "how many shots do I need to make 500ml 3mg/ml base" not "how many shots do I need to add to 500ml PG/VG base".
    I will probably at that time ask for some more advice about how much 18mg 10ml shots I would need to buy to mix and make 500ml to make 80%vg/20%pg 3mg

DreamRJ

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 28, 2017
    Did you make an order at lucemill.com already?

No I have not ordered from lucemill yet, I am waiting for the refund to hit my bank account early next week.

ArhEH(I!§! STOP ! Nic shots for 5 LITERS of base liquid ? Are you trying to ruin yourself ? Buy premade nic base, that is much cheaper than having 100 bottles of nic shots delivered to your home.

(If you have to, get 80/20 base, add 5x10ml shots per liter to it, and you'll land at round about 70/30 in the end)

Or buy your 5liter canister, then buy this (HERE 1l @ 72mg) and mix them up

I will never order liquid from amazon or ebay ever. Not that I do not trust it but it is just my preference I will only order from genuine trustworthy e cig shops online.

@DreamRJ,

This is strictly addressing the math using shots. Because you are seeking 3mg/mL nicotine concentration; I would suggest sticking with 18mg/mL shots... simply for the fact that they will decide evenly.

1 liter of base (regardless of PG/VG ratio) requires 20 each 18mg/mL (10mL) shots. If you are dosing only half that (500mL); you would use half the shots (10 each). If you are dosing 5 times as much (5L); you would require 5 times the number of shots (100 shots).

Taking most of the words out, it looks like this:
    500mL/0.5L -- 10 10mL shots of 18mg/mL (resulting in 600mL of 3mg/mL e-liquid)
    1000mL/1.0L -- 20 10mL shots of 18mg/mL (resulting in 1200mL of 3mg/mL e-liquid)
    5000mL/5.0L -- 100 10 10mL shots of 18mg/mL (resulting in 6000mL of 3mg/mL e-liquid)

PLEASE note the volume increase for each. Make sure you are mixing in a container large enough to hold the desired amount of all the liquid (base + shots).

The error of some of the previous math suggestions, is they failed to account for the extra volume the shots themselves add. That is 1000mL of base + 200mL of 18mg/mL nic shots. In reality, you are needing to dose 1200mL, and not 1000mL. Otherwise, you are either ending up with lower nic levels, or not dosing the entire bottle of base.;)

200mL is 1/6 (one sixth) of 1200. That means the nic is being diluted 6 times its original strength. 1/6 of 18mg/mL is 3mg/mL... which is way you are looking for.

You could use the 20mg/mL instead. You could round up to 18 shots (and have 3.05mg/mL), or round down to 17 shots (and have 2.91mg/mL)(based on adding to 1 liter of base).

Once you decide the shot strength you are going to use... then we can talk about how it affects PG/VG ratios.:)

As for figuring the final PG/VG ratio; we would need to know what specific ratios both the shots, and bases are available in. Lucemill has multiple offerings... all with various available ratios. We need to know which ones you are wanting to buy.

Also, knowing what is an acceptable PG/VG range to you, would be a help. Something along the lines of "at least 30PG/70VG, but no more than 20PG/80VG." (Feel free to plug in whatever numbers you are comfortable with.)

Thanks soo much for that detailed help.

So what if like I said got 85/15 base? and the 100%pg nic shots? would that bring it to around 75%VG/25%pg after I add the shots?

I will be ordering for sure from lucemill because I read reviews and they are very very very cheap and they look trustworthy, And I will not be making it harder on myself buying from another country to try get nicotine in higher strengths because that will just further confuse me. I am now starting to understand thanks to all the help and the juice calcs the maths involved with the 10ml 18mg shots.

I have already got my cart ready to go at lucemill. I have decided to just get a 2.5litre bottle of the 85%vg/15%pg and 40 shots. plus some 60ml bottles. I will be making batches of 60ml at a time. plus some flavours.

And the reason I am getting a 2.5litre base mix bottle is so next time I order I just need to order the nic shots only.

So thanks all for the help really appreciate it :)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    So what if like I said got 85/15 base? and the 100%pg nic shots? would that bring it to around 75%VG/25%pg after I add the shots?
    That would result in this:
    upload_2018-10-27_14-37-17.png

Note: This is using 50 18mg/mL shots, and does not include the influence of adding flavor.

I will be making batches of 60ml at a time. plus some flavours.
    -- How much flavoring do you add to an average recipe?

-- How do you measure your ingredients? What tools do you use? (syringes, a scale, graduated cylinders, or something else?)

-- When you say "I will be mixing 60mL at a time;" is that the total volume (base,+flavors,+Nic), or just the volume of the base?

If you would post one of your regular/routine recipes, exactly as you have mixed it in the past, it would help us give you more accurate answers. Use a recipe format like this:

60mL Base
    10mL PG-based Flavor
    1 (10mL) 18mg/mL nic shot

(or whatever quantities, and units of measure, you actually use :)). As you can see, the above sample recipe, is a finished volume of 80mL vs. 60mL. That affects both nic strength, and PG/VG ratio.

Please answer the three questions above, and share a recipe.
    That will allow us to stop doing all these different "what if" scenarios, and give you the answers you are really looking for. It doesn't really matter what quantities you are buying, if you are mixing smaller batches (vs. mixing all at once). :)

Sorry, I am not trying to pick on you.:oops: But, each time you are asking (basically) the same question, you are introducing new/different variables. I am simply trying to help you get to the bottom line, of what you want to be mixing each time, that is easy as possible... and get the results (Nic, and PG/VG ratio) you are wanting.:D

DreamRJ

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 28, 2017
    @IDJoel
    That would result in this:
    View attachment 776335
    Note: This is using 50 18mg/mL shots, and does not include the influence of adding flavor.

-- How much flavoring do you add to an average recipe?

-- How do you measure your ingredients? What tools do you use? (syringes, a scale, graduated cylinders, or something else?)

-- When you say "I will be mixing 60mL at a time;" is that the total volume (base,+flavors,+Nic), or just the volume of the base?

If you would post one of your regular/routine recipes, exactly as you have mixed it in the past, it would help us give you more accurate answers. Use a recipe format like this:

60mL Base
    10mL PG-based Flavor
    1 (10mL) 18mg/mL nic shot

(or whatever quantities, and units of measure, you actually use :)). As you can see, the above sample recipe, is a finished volume of 80mL vs. 60mL. That affects both nic strength, and PG/VG ratio.

Please answer the three questions above, and share a recipe.
    That will allow us to stop doing all these different "what if" scenarios, and give you the answers you are really looking for. It doesn't really matter what quantities you are buying, if you are mixing smaller batches (vs. mixing all at once). :)

Sorry, I am not trying to pick on you.:oops: But, each time you are asking (basically) the same question, you are introducing new/different variables. I am simply trying to help you get to the bottom line, of what you want to be mixing each time, that is easy as possible... and get the results (Nic, and PG/VG ratio) you are wanting.:D

Well to answer your bolded questions?

Currently I only add flavour to a 20ml needle bottle and the flavour amount is around 1ml out of a 10ml flavour concentrate Inawera bottle.

But when I go down the full DIY route I will be buying 60ml bottles and I will be also buying 30ml needle bottles. So I will only be mixing the base and nic into the 60ml bottles then transferring half of that 60ml into the 30ml bottle then adding the flavour. if you want to be exact then it would be around 28.5ml and then will add 1.5ml flavour to the 30ml needle bottle mix.

So the 60ml bottles will be used only to mix in the nic shots into the base vg/pg mix :)

I hope that answers your questions better so you can help me get the correct amounts of shots needed for the 60ml bottles without flavour :)

As the flavour I add is always very small amounts I do not care much about the fact it might slightly weaken the nic strength because I do not use that much flavour to justify counting it into the equation! :)

But my end result I want in the 60ml bottles is 3mg strength cos I am a sub ohm vapour. Gone are the days when I could just buy from pink mule ready to vape juice that I just added flavours too.

Thanks for your reply though. I will await your next reply :)

Last edited:

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    my end result I want in the 60ml bottles is 3mg strength
    With the proportion calculated above 1/6th has to be a 18mg/ml nic shot to get 3mg/ml liquid, so you can just fill 50ml of PG/VG base including flavor and add a nic shot on top to get your 60ml of 3mg/ml eliquid.
    Adjusting the PG/VG according to what's in your nic shot should be straightforward (if your shot is 100% PG then include the 10ml in your PG total).

• Useful
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread