Hi, I could really use some help with diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Hi everyone, my name is Kelly and I am new to this forum. I've taken in so much info on this forum over the years so I've decided to sign up for specific help. You guys offer great advice! All I need help with is this.. my all day vape was discontinued ( I'm embarrassed to name ) but I found this awesome flavor but I'm a MTL vaper and nivotnic content is not doing it for me. For 7 years I've Vaped mtl at 2.4 and my new juice is 1.8 and I've contacted liquid barn on buying my own nicotine to spike up my 30ml bottle of 1.8 to 2.4 or maybe a little higher.. can anyone point me in the right direction? Is liquid barn good for diy supplies? And I don't care for nic salts.. just regular nic. Thanks guys! Hope to hear from you soon!

Reactions: stols001

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
I believe e-liquid-recipes is a popular calculator to use for your nic boosting.
Thank you, I'll have to check into it. Do you suggest I buy pg nic or vg nic? I literally have it in my cart at liquid barn and I can choose 100mg/ml or 48mg/ml in PG or vg.. any advice would be great! I'm glad someone saw my post lol

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Last nicotine I got was 50/50 vg pg mix, vg only is very thick and takes a little more patience to use, all pg nic is almost like water and can spill slosh or drip easily but drips out of or off of your mixing gear quickly... Both give you similar results.
As far as the strength to get, either 100mg or 48mg will be about the same to work with, just different amounts. I like getting higher mg concentrate because it takes up less space for the same amount of nic.
I have never used liquidbarn but others on this forum do regularly to good result.

• Agree

ThrashNeon

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Last nicotine I got was 50/50 vg pg mix, vg only is very thick and takes a little more patience to use, all pg nic is almost like water and can spill slosh or drip easily but drips out of or off of your mixing gear quickly... Both give you similar results.
As far as the strength to get, either 100mg or 48mg will be about the same to work with, just different amounts. I like getting higher mg concentrate because it takes up less space for the same amount of nic.
I have never used liquidbarn but others on this forum do regularly to good result.
Thank you!

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
PG Nic is you what may need. VG nic is tough when you put your nic in the freezer for storage as it is thicker than usual when it's cold......
Thanks, I think I'll go with pg from liquid barn. They have over 1,200 reviews and I think they are my best bet. But thank you everyone for taking the time to answer my questions. I'm glad I signed up!

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Different brands of nic have slight amounts of "taste". Just something I considered.

Also, DIY, for me, is much, much, better. Did I get the commas correct?...
That was another thought that I had.. will it change the flavor.. I'm guessing vg might bc it's sweeter than pg? Or I could be totally wrong. Diy seems so confusing

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
If your intention is to bump up the nic content in pre-made liquid, my advice would be to get the highest nic base (100mg) to reduce the amount of dilution of flavor. If your liquid is 18mg and your target is 24mg, you need 25% more nicotine. Now, if you're using 100mg nic base, you would add 6ml/100ml pre-made. That's only 6% dilution. Now if you use 50mg nic base, you would double that (12ml/100ml) and end with pre-made juice that's diluted more than what you wanted.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I'm also in the process of getting back into DIY, and I'm looking at this site:

Nicotine River - Liquid Nicotine - Vegetable Glycerin - Flavors

They have a DIY starter kit that may be interesting to look at:
DIY E-Juice Kits
... especially if you are working on figuring out the recipe.

Disclaimer: I haven't purchased from them yet.
Nicotine River is a good shop. I buy a lot of stuff from them. Shipping can be pretty steep if you don't hit their 50$ free shipping.

• Agree

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
If your intention is to bump up the nic content in pre-made liquid, my advice would be to get the highest nic base (100mg) to reduce the amount of dilution of flavor. If your liquid is 18mg and your target is 24mg, you need 25% more nicotine. Now, if you're using 100mg nic base, you would add 6ml/100ml pre-made. That's only 6% dilution. Now if you use 50mg nic base, you would double that (12ml/100ml) and end with pre-made juice that's diluted more than what you wanted.
Thank you! All if your advice is so much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread