Hi! I'm new and looking for some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You'd probably enjoy a pen style device or light mod that would give you the ability to use your own e-juice, which you can slowly lower the nicotine on.

There are several decent starter kits you want something MTL (it's the way the vuse is on inhale, fairly tight draw, mimicking a cigarette) so you could get an all in one, or another starter set.

I am partial to the Nautilus 2 tank as it has adjustable airflow and comes with a variety of coils (1.8 resistance, probably closest to the tightest draw) a 1.6 and a 0.7 resistance. The airflow is also adjustable. A starter kit on that would be the aspire zelos either 50 watt or 75 watt depending on how much battery life you'd prefer, but probably a 50 watt would do the trick and be less expensive.

A lot of people like the pico setups (there are a variety of them) but they are a popular setup as they can be pretty versatile.

Some people swear by the T18s or T22s, I think they are, but that is a fixed wattage, meaning you won't be able to adjust the temperature of your vape. Some folks value the simplicity, and others would prefer it to be more adjustable.

Then you are going to have to start investigating juices, where you will also have many more options. You might want to start out on lower nic as most of these start ups are more powerful than cigalikes, and thus, you may need less nic.

I hope this gets you started somewhere, I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions, or even links to starter kits, but certainly you will be ABLE to lower your nic if you so desire, it really just requires going with a more adjustable setup, and you will likely save money in the process as well, since you won't be using cartomizers....

Anna

Heyjaw

Oct 8, 2017
You'd probably enjoy a pen style device or light mod that would give you the ability to use your own e-juice, which you can slowly lower the nicotine on.

There are several decent starter kits you want something MTL (it's the way the vuse is on inhale, fairly tight draw, mimicking a cigarette) so you could get an all in one, or another starter set.

I am partial to the Nautilus 2 tank as it has adjustable airflow and comes with a variety of coils (1.8 resistance, probably closest to the tightest draw) a 1.6 and a 0.7 resistance. The airflow is also adjustable. A starter kit on that would be the aspire zelos either 50 watt or 75 watt depending on how much battery life you'd prefer, but probably a 50 watt would do the trick and be less expensive.

A lot of people like the pico setups (there are a variety of them) but they are a popular setup as they can be pretty versatile.

Some people swear by the T18s or T22s, I think they are, but that is a fixed wattage, meaning you won't be able to adjust the temperature of your vape. Some folks value the simplicity, and others would prefer it to be more adjustable.

Then you are going to have to start investigating juices, where you will also have many more options. You might want to start out on lower nic as most of these start ups are more powerful than cigalikes, and thus, you may need less nic.

I hope this gets you started somewhere, I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions, or even links to starter kits, but certainly you will be ABLE to lower your nic if you so desire, it really just requires going with a more adjustable setup, and you will likely save money in the process as well, since you won't be using cartomizers....

Anna

Reactions: jfcooley

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I started with Vuse. It worked great getting me of cigarettes, but those cartridges were adding up. I went with my first "real" vape gear as a mtl (similar inhale to smoking and even Vuse) and used a 24 mg nic juice off the bat that was way better tasting and satisfying than Vuse ever was. The concentration of nicotine isn't the only factor in delivery.

Some like cigalikes such as Vuse use high concentrations as the volume in each draw is small. With say a Nautilus style tank, a common mtl tank used, 24 mg is more than enough, most folks use lower. Compared to say a high power, high cloud producing design that delivers lots vapor, and thus lots of nicotine, users may be fine with 6 or even 3 mg nic solutions.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The things I listed are more MTL setups, meaning you won't be blowing huge clouds like some sub0hmers/direct lung persons do with a setup designed for that. They may be slightly more powerful than the Vuse, but that can be adjusted via wattage (higher wattage, sometimes more vape) airflow settings (less airflow equals less vapor) and resistance of the coil (higher resistance usually produces less vape.) Your VG/PG ratio will also make a difference, the more VG, the more visible vapor, usually. Most folks coming from that type of setup (Vuse) are able to make the setups I listed work for them by working within those parameters.

Anna

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
The suggestions above are good ones. You could also start really low tech for $7.95 (you might buy 2 of these for a backup). You will need extra replaceable heads at some point, but this is just a little larger than what you are using.

EVOD 650mAh Variable Voltage Blister Pack Starter Kit

Remember, you will have some expense (and possibly frustration) finding the right liquid.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Thank you Anna! This info will get me started! One more question I have; the thing I like about the Vuse.. is the small amount of Vapor (smoke) that you blow out. I don't want the kind that looks like a smoking chimney when you exhale. Will that eliminate some of your suggestions?
Welcome Heyjaw!
The higher the percentage of VG in your juice the more clouds in your vapor.
PG gives more flavor, VG results in more clouds.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Thank you Anna! This info will get me started! One more question I have; the thing I like about the Vuse.. is the small amount of Vapor (smoke) that you blow out. I don't want the kind that looks like a smoking chimney when you exhale. Will that eliminate some of your suggestions?

@stols001 covered this well, but I'll just add a bit. MTL (mouth-to-lung) has been mentioned, so here's what it means. MTL vapers use higher-resistance coils (over 0.5 ohms, and usually over 1 ohm) with less airflow. That means you have to suck harder to vape. It's more like a cigarette because you get a similar resistance. It's called MTL because you usually suck the vapor into your mouth, hold it there for a second, and then inhale it.

The alternative is DTL (direct-to-lung). It uses lower-resistance coils that produce clouds of vapour, and higher airflow. Coil resistance is usually 0.5 and below, down to 0.15 and lower. There's very little resistance when you inhale, and you just inhale it straight into your lungs without holding it in your mouth.

stols001's suggestions are MTL, and the Nautilus series are classic MTL tanks that should suit you well. They might have a little more vapour than the Vuse, but they won't produce the smokestack effect you can get with DTL.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I see now!
I smoke Vuse E cigs (For about 2 years) I like them but I just found out how much nicotine they have. I would like to find one very similar with less nicotine. I really want to quit but I want to do it slowly by weaning myself off nicotine. Can someone help me?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Innokin Endura T18 or T20 Starter Kits are also good choices.

I believe you are looking for non sub ohm, MTL, with built in/internal battery vape equipment. Might check out the Kanger Evod Ecig Starter Kit.
When you purchase, you get two complete kits for pretty much the price of one. You will always have a back up it something unforseen happens to your main vape pen.
Kanger EVOD Starter Kit - Authentic Kangertech™ - Vapor Authority
Genuine Kanger™ T3S Replacement Coils (5 Pack)
Might want to try the search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "Evod Starter Kit".

• Informative
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread