Hi,im new and need advice about mech mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmo SB

Sep 11, 2018
Hello, I plan to buy the pro mech 2 vgod kit with the pro r2 rdta and their pro coils which is 4 coils 3mm Nichrome Fused Claptons about (0.16 - 0.18 Ω).
I would like to know what kind of battery would be the best, as safe as performant for that. I have never been in possession of an e-cig or vape, but it's been 2 years since I inquired about the subject. I feel really confident to buy a mech mod even if I know that there is a lot of precaution to take and that's why I want to be 100% sure that I don't buy the wrong battery or a counterfeit.
I really appreciate your help or tips to help me and if im wrong let me know. (sorry for my english)
Thank You :)

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
To start with I would advise against getting a mech as your first mod. The advantages of a mech are very subtle, and their disadvantages are numerous and potentially dangerous. They take a lot more knowledge to use safely, and are just generally a pain in the ..... Most people here who once used mechs because back in the day they were all that were available, such as myself have since stopped.
I would instead suggest a regulated mod. If your interest is that you want a tube style mech those can be had in regulated form. The nunchakau is one model that comes to mind but there are others

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have to agree with @bombastinator . Please explain specifically why you want a mech as your first e-cigarette? If you are wanting one for recreational vaping, they are not adult "toys" to impress your friends. They require basic knowledge of Ohm's Law, and battery/mod safety. Hybrid metal tube mechanicals like the pro mech 2 vgod without proper ventilation can literally become pipe bombs if you don't know what you are doing.

A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod
  • Covers the differences between a mechanical vs. regulated mod, essential safety accessories, optional safety accessories to add layers of safety to your mech, routine maintanance, use of proper batteries, proper ventilation, low resistance vaping, and faux hybrid mods.
Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
  • A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safer-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.
Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations for a Mechanical Mod
  • As simple as it is to use, some people have a tough time grasping the concept. Recently revised to make it even simpler to understand.
Gizmo SB said:
Hello, I plan to buy the pro mech 2 vgod kit with the pro r2 rdta and their pro coils which is 4 coils 3mm Nichrome Fused Claptons about (0.16 - 0.18 Ω).
I would like to know what kind of battery would be the best, as safe as performance for that.
Using the Ohm's Law Calculator, that coil resistance will have a 26.4 amp draw. You'll need true 30 amp continuous discharge rated batteries at that resistance. There are only a few:

LG18650HB6 1500mah 30 amp CDR
380919-214d0ffa29b60f062ba7640627ad5605.jpg

LG18650HB2 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
377182-6c570506e6ae8e85f30ce64b386a8f13.jpg

LG18650HB4 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
380403-c8fa9e7b310e40c393b6edff15726a5f.jpg

Sony 18650VTC3 1500mAh 30 amp CDR
413689-fb8624662417dd0ce65f64fe8ca1a0a2.jpg

Samsung 18650-20S 2000mah 30 amp CDR
567575-254dcc9f3000323cb489ab10e8b02d13.jpg

* A 25 amp or lower battery will not suffice. Buy the above batteries only from reputable/trusted battery suppliers to avoid counterfeits.

Me thinks you'd be much better off buying a regulated (variable wattage) mod.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I would like to know what kind of battery would be the best, as safe as performant for that. I have never been in possession of an e-cig or vape, but it's been 2 years since I inquired about the subject. I feel really confident to buy a mech mod even if I know that there is a lot of precaution to take and that's why I want to be 100% sure that I don't buy the wrong battery or a counterfeit.
I really appreciate your help or tips to help me and if im wrong let me know. (sorry for my english)
Hello Gizmo. Did you mean it's been a year since inquiring about mechs? Or have you literally not been vaping yet?

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama

Do not purchase a mech, you have never owned a vape device, so therefore do not need to start at .16-.18 ohms.

If you feel you must start at that range then buy a multi-battery VV/VW device. It will provide the power needed and last longer between charges. It will also be safer to start with as well. There is a lot to learn in batteries, building coils, liquids and such.

Get something simpler to operate, learn what you need to and move up or on as needed. I'm not saying this to be mean, just don't want you hurt.

Here's a good example, is the ohm rating you listed per coil or all coils combined? Do you know the answer off the top of your head or do you need to look it up?.....Now think about that and be truly honest with yourself.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd advise something a lot simpler than a mech to start with if this is your first vape. Mech mods require a lot of precision and learning, and can be quite dangerous without the required knowledge.

Do you want to blow large clouds, or do you want something smaller, more cigarette like in draw, with a higher nicotine level?

Once you know what it is you want then you can get good recommendations to move forward but if you are truly new to vaping, a mech is not what you want. Maybe down the line once you are a bit more used to vaping, but not now.

Welcome by the way, and if you let ECF members know what type of vape you are interested in, I'm sure you'll get tons of great recommendations.

Welcome :)

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
Vape 101: Here's Everything You Need to Know about Vaping
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread