Hi, I'm Scott, and I am a nicotine addict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
I am a newbie here, but would really, really suggest a safety habit? I am from Midwest, USA and spent the first 3/4 of my life as a farmer (corn, wheat, beans, cows). At one time I was licensed to spray wholesome, natural herbicide (tongue firmly in cheek) on our crops. I obtained the license only so our family farm could get a discount.

One of the things that I learned, was that of all parts of our body, our groin area is the most transdermal. At the time, the training consisted of 30-60-something Good Old Boys, and there was plenty of elbow-nudging and guffaws. The heels of our feet, and palms of our hands are thicker, and less absorbent.

Please handle the nic carefully! A leaking bottle or atty in your pocket is *not* a good thing. While our hands are thicker and less prone to absorbing, having some on your finger, and wiping your nose, or rubbing an eye is bad news. Our mucus membranes can soak it up more than our skin!

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Since I am new here, I keep saying Me, I, and I Used To, I hate people that say things like that. I used to hate myself, but I am much better, thank you! I've been online since 1981, and am just bumping to get my five posts in.

Here are some tips, for all the odd Electrical Thingies, that accompany this hobby. Here are some comparisons. We'll use water. Please do not mix your electrical gadgets, and water, yet they have some things in common.

Voltage = Water Pressure. Often expressed as "E" in the various formulae. If something expects to see a certain amount of Voltage/Water Pressure, that is a preferred range. If I operate my 19V laptop on 110V, I will let the magic smoke out, and it will never work again. This would compare to a blown atty, except the laptop is more expensive to replace.

Amperage = The Diameter Of the Water Pipe. Often expressed as "I". Amps can be thought of as the maximum volume of water or electricity that can be supplied, as the device (or my lawn sprinkler) demands. If I have a charger that can supply a maximum of 1 amp, it will charge my device faster than a charger than can supply 500 Ma (one half of one amp). If you go the other way, and the device tries to draw more volume of electrons (amps) than can be supplied, we will let out the magic smoke again. As expressed in terms of our PVs, they are teeny, tiny, subdivisions of an Ampere-Hour. This is a measurement of volume (of water, or electricity) over time. The WikipediaGodz have a better explanation than I do, here.

Resistance = A Sponge Placed in The Water Pipe, to reduce the Voltage. Er, I mean Water Flow. Often expressed as "R".

The Variable Voltage variants on PV, are very good ways to keep the heat constant. That is what is really the best thing!

I am vaping with Ego/clone-ish things so far. I have dripped, I have smart carted, I have LR attys, there are syringes in the bathroom, I have a gallon jug of white vinegar, and I am using more napkins than I ever thought I would. I do not really care for tea, but have some of those pyramid tea-bags. I couldn't find MarineLand Rite-Size U, so I did pass on that. There was lots o' fluval @ Walmart, and other blue foam @ the pet stores, but I decided I was getting in over my head.

I am most glad that I found these things, and you, gentle ECF forum-ites. I have spent a month reading, and I have gained much knowledge from your/our collective wisdom!

Last edited:

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Kitsch, I love all animals in general, and hate some specifically. For example, Midwest USA is currently plagued with the 17-year variant of cicada. *I* get bonus points for not saying "plague of locusts"! I know these poor guys have spent 16.9 years being a worm, or a grub or something, and now they get to grow wings, and get out of the house!

Perhaps that explains their poor flying abilities. They will fly straight into a 2-foot diameter tree at full speed.

I have a 17-year old cat, that thinks she is still Queen Of All That Lives. She hides under the bed each day to await my feet hitting the floor, then pow, she is taking blood samples from my ankle. She is an indoor cat, when she is outside very occasionally, she crunches a cicada, then brings it to me for approval.

The strangest thing she has eaten, is those foam rollup ear plugs. Thank goodness they came up the way they went in, else intestinal distress would ensue for sure.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Yes, caution is indicated, but keep in mind BlackLeaf 40 and such are 40% nicotine, vs the 2.6% 24mg/ml.

So noted, MattZuke, thanks for the info. I'm new to all this, and have been washing my hands more than most any other time in my life (except perhaps while mixing 500 gallons of wholesome, natural herbicide). I am still learning my preferences on nic, and learning about the pv devices.

Last edited:

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
One of the things that helped, was to get one of those little banner things going? They are all over the vaping forums. Here is one of many: since my last cigarette.com

I go there, and plug in my info. Cost, PAD, date, and so forth. THEN, I take it's little generated HTML code, and paste that as a URL on my smartphone, then save it as a bookmark.

I can call that up at any time on my phone, and see that I have not smoked X amount of ciggies, and saved $X. My first week I was a little shaky about this whole thing. Once my taste started coming back (about two weeks), I started to realize that I did *not* want this dang thing to taste like an analog any more. YMMV, but that helped me in the beginning.

Last edited:

chevelle

ECF Veteran
So noted, MattZuke, thanks for the info. I'm new to all this, and have been washing my hands more than most any other time in my life (except perhaps while mixing 500 gallons of wholesome, natural herbicide). I am still learning my preferences on nic, and learning about the pv devices.

Welcome Scott, I am also a nicotine addict...its been almost 2 months since my last cigarette.
I seem to recall some wholesome, natural herbicides being used in Vietnam. I could be wrong though. They were so wholesome and natural, that today, I don't remember things very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread