Hi, I'm Scott, and I am a nicotine addict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
chevelle, I am a bad guitar player, but what kind of reverse headstock gtr is that? I barely missed Agent Orange in 'Nam. Fortunately in my herbicide experience (which had a 20 year duration), we were at least wearing protective gear, and had some bit of training. More importantly, it was not being sprayed upon humans!

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I seem to recall some wholesome, natural herbicides being used in Vietnam. I could be wrong though. They were so wholesome and natural, that today, I don't remember things very well.

Oh yeah, Operation Ranch Hand... I was stationed at Da Nang '67-'68 and those guys had no idea what they were 'into'. They parked their leaking C-123s twix my shop and the terminal.

As for smokes, $1.50 a carton. That's not counting the four cigs in our C-rations... day-um, major flashbacks!

Gunfighter.gif

Last edited:

chevelle

ECF Veteran
chevelle, I am a bad guitar player, but what kind of reverse headstock gtr is that? I barely missed Agent Orange in 'Nam. Fortunately in my herbicide experience (which had a 20 year duration), we were at least wearing protective gear, and had some bit of training. More importantly, it was not being sprayed upon humans!

Yeah, actually, I was fortunate to miss it too - barely! but we all suspected it was bad news, even then, despite being told it was ok. - Older brother was not so lucky. He was there 67-68, Lai Khe. With A.O. and being involved in Tet, he has been a mess ever since. Numba Ten!.
The guitar is a Jackson Dinky DK-1 with the reverse headstock and Floyd Rose trem. Its my main stage axe when pure shredding is called for. Awesome, super fast neck. Plays like a dream. Also have one with red hot rod flames and a standard pointy Jackson headstock.

Last edited:

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Hi, My name is Matt and I am a nicotine addict.

Hi Matt, I just came back from an 8-day trip, centered around Columbus, OH. On the trip I was two weeks into vaping, and my batteries died. While away. Just when my taste/smell was coming back, I bought cigs. The first three tasted awful, the rest tasted 'just like they used to'.

Except for that backslide, I am coming up on 1,000 analogs that I have not smoked.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I've had all 5 of my cats sniff my drip tips but none of them licked it. I have one that goes crazy over a certain flavor. He wants to give me kisses after I exhale. I only use it when I'm outside to keep the little stinker safe.

Tried gum and patches at the same time. Smoking along with them didn't get me to quit either...just one heck of a good Buzz.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Heh, your sig quotes W.C. Fields! I have spoken that line about water many times over the decades.

Here is one I (think) that I originated. I drink a lot of diet cola.

"They say that our body is 99% water. The way I see it, so is Diet Coke".

I know, I know, Caffeine, Aspartame, etc, etc, it is not the same.

BTW, I am drinking more water since I have stopped smoking. It tastes better (as does everything).

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
Hello there Nano...Welcome to ECF...I see I may also be weloming a soon to be modder...at least you seem to have the head for it...feel free to visit My thread Yes but does it mod...and if ModuMust does strike Go to Gummy bears Walk in Clinic for an evaluation/checkup...

Vape on Bro...and so 5000 people don't go out and Rip up google...Nice Wurlitzer dude...:lol: probably already happened...lol

nice find Tho...I love me some restoration...I have an old Penske automotive meter I am working on myself...still works perfectly and has all the cables and accessories in the back hatch...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-BfHJw1nnxJk/TdxFRxD5LlI/AAAAAAAAAbo/Kq0hh4ges8A/s640/100_0095.JPG

Last edited:

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
One other tip for newbies (old hat for regulars) is to clean the dang battery contacts often. It doesn't take much juice to seriously reduce the voltage. You modding guys, I must... stay.... away.... The Zippo is way too cool. I watch pretty much zero TeeVee, already too many things I don't have time for. I am a tinkerer by nature (I was sticking hairpins into outlets at an early age), and like to make things. As I PMd MMM, I am still in the honeymoon phase on vaping. I am thrilled to have stopped smoking so relatively easy. I already have too many projects, modding would delay them further/infinitely. At this point, I just want a reliable vape.

Last edited:

G9K

Apr 24, 2011
USA
Hi, I'm, uh, Gary, yeah, that's it, I'm Gary, and I'm a nicotine addict. Only burning an analog once a day or so now, which I don't even consider "smoking" since I was powering through fifty on a good day (five a day is "subsistence smoking, any less and you're not really a "smoker"). Some days I forget. yay!

This vaping thing is way better than cigarettes, and after two months in I've converted one other person. Evangelize!

Oh, and I need to get my minimum posts in, but still, I'm a nicotine addict. "Smoking? I'm not smoking, this is the vaporizer for my anti-psychotics."

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Hi Lisa, I'm a couple hours down the road, near Columbia. I almost feel guilty, because so many of my friends/family went through torture to quit smoking (or not). Vaping has been good for me, but I just want it to work, I don't need the fiddle factor.

Gary, I had "One Last Pack" that I drug out for a long time. The only problem is, that if you get another one, you feel obligated to not "waste them". I think I have seen little 5-cig sample packs, they should sell those for people that "just want a few".

I went into a restaurant recently where I know the owner, and asked permission to vape in the form of "Do you mind if I blow off a little steam?" The owner was cool with it, tho as in the many 'public vaping' threads, I tried to keep it to myself.

blue8091

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2011
Vape Town
From what I've been reading on the forum you'll need to drink more water since PG dehydrates you. I know that I've been drinking more water and some of the drinks I used to like are just too intense now or taste weird.

I second that!! The fact that I have been diligent about 70oz of water intake per day is almost as stunning as the fact that I quit analogs after 30 years! Was also a raging popaholic. In the last 16 days - have had only 2 sodas. Not that I'm trying to quit anything but cigs - so just an added bonus. If I wanted one..I'd have one!

Just about all of my cravings have gone away - was getting a late night sweet craving - (and another strange thing - love chocolate and now don't want any of that either) but got some really yummie fruity juices and last night - didn't have a sweet craving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread