The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi-Liq and/or FTT/GB juice problems?

Discussion in 'EU Legislation' started by Feldrod, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Feldrod

Feldrod Full Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Hello guys
    I would like to ask.
    I am a regular to FastTech and Gearbest. Now I have Dekang Cherry French Pipe on the way but I would like to ask. Does EU's regulatons about 10ml 20mg/ml apply to oversea shipping for personal use? Like if I would buy 100ml 100mg/ml from Hi-LIQ or that Dekang from FTT, are customs allowed to return the package back where it came from? Even worse, can I get legally pursued because of that?
    All I buy overseas that doesn't comply with EU standarts is ONLY for personal use.

• Like Like x 1
  2. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Yes.
    They can reject it or destroy it. Worse, they can send it to a lab to test for nic content and make you pay the bill if it's more than 20mg/ml, depends on where exactly you live and what your local laws say.
    Read your local laws about chemicals/poisons. The attempt to import certain substances may be illegal and punishable. So even if customs don't give you a package and you don't legally possess the substance you still could be prosecuted.
    That doesn't matter because you don't have a license/permit to import high nic concentration liquids. Manufacturers can (but they can't sell above 20mg/ml), private persons can't.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Feldrod

Feldrod Full Member

Sep 28, 2017
    Thanks. And if it is lower than 20mg/ml but the volume is higher than 10ml?

• Like Like x 1
  4. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    If you're a consumer in the EU you're not allowed to buy or import nicotine containing eliquid in bottles larger than 10ml. Only manufacturers or shops are allowed to do that and even they have special rules to follow.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. LewisW295

LewisW295 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    Slightly related question, didn't want to start an unnecessary thread but does this also extend to buying tanks online?

Though my local near where I work still has a OG Crown on the floor....

• Like Like x 2
  6. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Non-EU sellers have to follow TPD rules to sell in Europe and the local laws of the destination country as well.
    -all gear has to be registered with the EU 6 months before sale
    -compliance with warning stickers
    -in some (but not all) EU countries there's a restriction on tank size (2ml)
    -in germany a german manual has to be in the box
    -in germany the seller has to be registered with german tax authorities
    other countries may have slightly different rules so you'll have to look then up/ask local authorities.
    Customs will reject (or destroy) every non-compliant item they come across, in very rare cases you can retrieve it from customs in spite of non-compliance (it depends on the individual customs worker).

Some sellers (like Gearbest) have found ways to sneak packages past customs, but that doesn't always work. It's usually the <your country> express/priority shipment. Not to confuse with DHL express, that will always go through customs and cost an arm and a leg.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. LewisW295

Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    That's the part that I wanted. Good to know. Might hold off of those tanks then!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Feldrod

Feldrod Full Member

Sep 28, 2017
    But usually they will slip it without problem. Even here in Czech and Slovakia they sell non-TDP compliant tanks as "Not intended to be used with nicotine containing e-liquid"
    Also some Slovakian vape shops found a workaround and they sell nicotine containing e-liquid over 10mls as "Not inteded for use in e-cigarettes. Use in aroma lamps only!" Which I found totally hillarious when I found out about it

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. untar

untar Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    If you read the actual text of the TPD you will see that it's very clear that
    -it doesn't matter what the nicotine containing liquid is intended for, it still falls under TPD regulation
    -it doesn't matter if a tank is not intended to be used with nicotine liquid, if it can be used to vape nic liquid it falls under TPD regulation

The Czech government simply isn't that strict regarding the enforcement ;) not all countries handle it the same way (eg France and UK don't really implement the 6 months rule).
    Sometimes I order stuff in in the Czech republic because they have it earlier than Germany :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. LewisW295

Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    Was looking at a TFV12 Prince after seeing it in the local B&M, only just struck me that it's a monster of a tank!

• Like Like x 1
  11. marianna

marianna Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    For the Nautilus X it's possible to buy a 4ml pyrex tank + a chimney elongation.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LewisW295

Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    To be honest, the Nautilus isn't on my list at all. I only had problem after problem with my original Nautilus Mini.

• Like Like x 1
  13. marianna

marianna Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    Don't know about the Nautilus Mini, never bought one, cause I think they are ugly.
    But the Nautilus X has a nice look, top airflow (no leaking), and RBA-coils.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.