Hi new guy here, got a bunch of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex11110

Dec 11, 2019
Yo, so new guy here, but long time vaper. Hope you're all having a great day.

I'll try to make this as short and as sweet as I can.
I've vaped for about 4 years. I have a smok TFV12 Prince and I am using the rba deck. I am kind of sick of building on this as it is pretty small and clunky.
I am hype to get into mesh RTAs but on the other hand it seems finicky as hell, so my most important question I have is, are there any mesh RTAs that can run both mesh and regular dual coils? So I have something to fall back on in case I can't get the mesh right.

I've looked at RTAs such as the Digiflavor Themis with its interchangeable deck, but I can't seem to find an "edition" to get both decks and I am not buying 2 rtas just for a deck..
I've looked at the Kylin M and I really like the design of this, but I am kind of split between this and the Vandy vape mesh 24 RTA.
The reason is I like the build deck more on the m24 but at the same time I also kind of feel like the mesh ribbons for the m24 are kinda lacking in width, is it possible to use wider pieces in it or does it have to be fastened inbetween the screws on the posts?

On another side note. My mod is a kangertech Dripbox 160 (sqounk). I've been looking for replacement bottles for a while but can't find it anywhere within the EU. My vandy vape pulse is just shelved because all my bottles cracked...
My country (Denmark) has banned the sale of it, but I can import from within the EU without hefty import taxes/fees. If anybody knows of a site within the EU, that sells these it would be greatly appreciated. (or if you have a suggestion/recommendation for a good regulated 100w+ dual 18650 battery sqounk mod w/ display (ohm, battery life, etc) with easy to find bottles here, that would also be amazing).
If that by chance happens, I've been looking at the Sqounk RDA IRIS by Cthulhu, is this a good mesh RDA? I really like the deck in this, similar to vandyvape but appears to support a lot wider mesh ribbon, as well as dual "coil" mesh.

It is really really difficult to figure out what's good and what isn't by reading product reviews. One guy says it is the worst thing he is ever had, another say it is the best.

Damn.. I made this too long. Oh well.
I hope some of you can help me.

Last edited:

Alex11110

Dec 11, 2019
hey thanks, yeah I hope someone here can help. I am having a really difficult time figuring out which and what is worth getting for my upgrade. Reviews are so divided. "this is trash", "this is amazing", "this is okay but I prefer X" etc. what I do know is I am tired of building on this damn deck, it is really clunky. I mean it is a small 2 post deck with holes above and below so when I stick the leads through on the second coil they are so damn close to the first coil it is really difficult to get in there close enough to the post and snip the lead without clipping the coil as well.
also mesh just seems like a lot less of a hassle.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    hey thanks, yeah I hope someone here can help. I am having a really difficult time figuring out which and what is worth getting for my upgrade. Reviews are so divided. "this is trash", "this is amazing", "this is okay but I prefer X" etc. what I do know is I am tired of building on this damn deck, it is really clunky. I mean it is a small 2 post deck with holes above and below so when I stick the leads through on the second coil they are so damn close to the first coil it is really difficult to get in there close enough to the post and snip the lead without clipping the coil as well.
    also mesh just seems like a lot less of a hassle.

Like I mentioned I'm not a mesh man but in saying that I have a reasonable idea of what's good and what's not.
    You said you were looking at the Kylin M and the Vandy Vape mesh. Both are very good top airflow RTA's.
    Good Luck

Reactions: Alex11110

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Marper

Moved On
    May 20, 2019
    You won't go wrong with the wotofo profile mesh rda, it can use ordinary coils but best with the mesh in squonk, it's so easy to build and the flavour is superb, next up is the vandy vape mesh rda and that can be used for both mesh and coils and easy to build, not as good as the profile but it's a lot cheaper, flavour is really good but you can only use it as a squonk cause it's got no well to hold juice

Alex11110

Dec 11, 2019
    You won't go wrong with the wotofo profile mesh rda, it can use ordinary coils but best with the mesh in squonk, it's so easy to build and the flavour is superb, next up is the vandy vape mesh rda and that can be used for both mesh and coils and easy to build, not as good as the profile but it's a lot cheaper, flavour is really good but you can only use it as a squonk cause it's got no well to hold juice

Thanks for your reply. For my current situation an RTA would definitely be the best choice since I can't really sqounk due to not having a decent mod I can find bottles for. The only site I can find bottles for my device is Fasttech and because of my country's import taxes/fees it is gonna cost an arm and a leg to import these from outside of the EU. These bottles for my device are also complete trash and cracks after a week.
    If I could get a decent sqounk mod I would consider a sqRDA. You wouldn't happen to know how the Cthulhu Iris m RDA compares to the Wotofo profile? Though i do prefer tanks to sqounking and dripping tbh, it is just much less of a hassle to just fill up and not have to constantly monitor how saturated the wicks are.

Marper

Moved On
    May 20, 2019
    The vandy vape is on the topside dual, the wotofo mesh rta is on the genie and the profile rda is on the pulse

20191212_180730.jpg

Reactions: AvaOrchid

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Reviews are so divided. "this is trash", "this is amazing", "this is okay but I prefer X" etc.

That's they way it always is, unfortunately. Best thing to do, IMHO, is to get a few suggestions, then search Youtube for how-to videos and in-depth reviews (not the reviews that say how GREAT THIS THING VAPES! lol). Make your decision from that mostly. Also, searching the forum for those tanks can reveal some problems that the videos may not reveal. It's not a quick process finding the "right" tank for you.

Also, product reviews on vendor websites are mildly useful, at best. I don't waste much time reading product reviews on vendor sites. I just skim through them and mostly read the negative ones if the vendor makes it easy to sort the low ratings from the high ones.

BTW: The TFV12 Prince not a Kangertech tank, it's Smok.

Last edited:

Alex11110

Dec 11, 2019
    That's they way it always is, unfortunately. Best thing to do, IMHO, is to get a few suggestions, then search Youtube for how-to videos and in-depth reviews (not the reviews that say how GREAT THIS THING VAPES! lol). Make your decision from that mostly. Also, searching the forum for those tanks can reveal some problems that the videos may not reveal. It's not a quick process finding the "right" tank for you.

Also, product reviews on vendor websites are mildly useful, at best. I don't waste much time reading product reviews on vendor sites. I just skim through them and mostly read the negative ones if the vendor makes it easy to sort the low ratings from the high ones.

BTW: The TFV12 Prince not a Kangertech tank, it's Smok.

Hey and thanks for your reply. I have also watched quite a few videos on youtube about these products from different youtubers.
    I watched guys like Riptrippers, Matt from SMM, Mike Vapes, Grimgreen, and a few others. To get a broader perspective. but a broader perspective also gave me a lot of different takes and opinions and reasons. Which just left me more confused about what to get.
    Yeah I meant I read quite in-depth reviews on reddit and such not from the vendor page itself where Karen writes "this sucks! where's the manager?! 1 star!"

You're right.. It is Smok.. When I wrote Kangertech I knew it sounded wrong but didn't know why.

Yeah I've got a tfv12p cobra and for a smok its behaving itself, until the next time I change the coil haha

Well I haven't had any actual problems with my TFV12, I can get consistent results on it no problem it is just hella clunky to build on and I am tired of that.

Last edited:

Alex11110

Dec 11, 2019
    I think after ages vaping tanks are subjective, some might like the tank while others consider it garbage, same goes for mods, I've got a good few tanks and all are ok depending on what I feel like vaping, it depends on your personal preference and the your style of vape, sometimes I dig an old tank out just for a change

I sure did get much better vapor results on my Vandy Vape Pulse 24 RDA than I do on my TFV12. But that was when I could sqounk it. I can't do that now. To me dripping is not worth the better vaping, it is just too much of an inconvenience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread