Hi. New here and looking for some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There are a multitude of different coils available, but they are all of the same sub-ohm resistance. And because your SMOK Stick V9 Max is really just a mech mod with some protection circuitry, you can't make any wattage adjustments to control the amount of vapor.

Coils for the SMOK TFV8 tank: SMOK TFV8 Baby V2 Replacement Coils | Vape Coils Explore the drop down menu; all the coils are extremely low resistance designed for maximum vapor. Since your mod is a fixed, single wattage output, you can't make any adjustments.

You should have gotten a variable wattage mod so that you could use a wider variety of coils (low and high ohm) and adjust the vapor "on the fly".

I'm curious. Why did you chose this specific setup? Did you do any research or get any advice prior to purchasing this setup? Because this setup is designed for cloud chasers.

Last edited:

Hooton

Jun 12, 2019
There are a multitude of different coils available, but they are all of the same sub-ohm resistance. And because your SMOK Stick V9 Max is really just a mech mod with some protection circuitry, you can't make any wattage adjustments to control the amount of vapor.

Coils for the SMOK TFV8 tank: SMOK TFV8 Baby V2 Replacement Coils | Vape Coils Explore the drop down menu; all the coils are extremely low resistance designed for maximum vapor. Since your mod is a fixed, single wattage output, you can't make any adjustments.

You should have gotten a variable wattage mod so that you could use a wider variety of coils (low and high ohm) and adjust the vapor "on the fly".

I'm curious. Why did you chose this specific setup? Did you do any research or get any advice prior to purchasing this setup? Because this setup is designed for cloud chasers.

Hi and thanks. It was a friends device, he fell out with it, I took it on as I like the big battery and big tank idea. I’m using it and enjoying but just thought I could tone it down a bit. I can use the tank on a variable device too.

Reactions: HigherStateD

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hi and thanks. It was a friends device, he fell out with it, I took it on as I like the big battery and big tank idea. I’m using it and enjoying but just thought I could tone it down a bit. I can use the tank on a variable device too.
Oh OK. I guess that make sense. In my opinion, that mod has extreme limitations because its not variable wattage. You would need an juice attachment designed for a mechanical mod, like a rebuildable (RBA) that you make your own coils to be able to use whatever resistance you like. If you can find a tank that has a selection of coils ranging in resistance of 0.5 - 1.2 ohm, that would probably be your best bet at this point.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I’d like less cloud, so a higher ohm maybe?

Might consider increasing the ratio of PG over VG in your juice(ejuice). A 50% PG to 50% VG ratio due to added flavorings may not be exactly a 50/50 ratio. Generally speaking more VG equates to more vapor. PG generally speaking is supposed to carry flavors better. Both these are subjective though. That noted one can "play with" their juice ratio to find a less or more vapor result.

Also you may consider sticking to tanks, clearomizers and going the route of Tottlepoofers. You can type that term into the search here and find a thread discussing the style of vaping, what it is, how to do it, reasons you might like it and so on.

I am a direct lung hitter who has swapped tanks and clearomizers for RDAs. Not sure I could offer any advice on what gear might be suitable any more. Been a while since I used tanks & clearomizers, the gear changes and while still maintaining a basic technology the changes go quickly.

Welcome, as well. Hope you enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread