• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

HI! Sure is quiet round here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Come on- introduce yourselves. I know that I am not the ONLY English speaking vaper in Korea.

I'm new to vaping, about 3 weeks. Using a 510 bought in Yongsan market, and it's going well.

Awfully hard to find gear, supplies, options, and eliquid here though. And expensive. And I'm pretty sure that I got a bottle of pure VG with hardly anything else in it from one supplier...

If anybody is interested in sharing resources for vaping in Korea, I'm game.

Located in Seoul, but often work in Daegu...

Ande

PS- Valsacar- Did we meet in a pub on Friday? If so, it was nice to talk to a fellow vaper.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Enjoy driving that Benz!

Another cool thing about vaping- you can do it in a rental car! (And it won't smell like smoke when you take it back.)

I had a look at the hangul forum- seems to have attracted Korean speakers in other parts of the world more than here.

I'll be passing this website to a few others though- I have a coffee date this afternoon to tell "all about ecigs" to a couple of people. (I played a gig Sat night- smoked the ecig throughout, got a LOT of questions and comments.)

Here's to hoping to community grows...

Best,
Ande

Hey guys, I've been vaping in Korea since Feb. Lived here for 7 years. Seems like everyone I know who smokes has switched to the e-cigs by now. I started out with a useless ebacco automatic thing I got from the pharmacy, but then found out the liquid had no nicotine, so that's why I was going crazy. I used that for about a day then with a bit of internet research found a Janty shop nearby. I started with an ego-T and a couple of their overpriced flavors. Not long after I ordered some LR atties and drip tips from eastmall and have stuck with those since. I've tried mega egos, regular egos, 510's with PCC, they all ended up just sitting in a drawer, I love that 510 LR drip.

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Hey guys. Also 7 years in Korea. Started out with an Anystic I bought in Yonsan... thing gave me nothing but trouble before I tried my hand at 901s a year ago (from China)... didn't manage to quit smoking until I picked up a "We-Top" from a Ruyan Korea store (130,000 for a double starter set - ouch) - it's a Go-go but lately they started carrying clear plastic cartomizers which are actually reasonably priced at 6,000 won each. Sweet. I've been trying my hand at eGo-T's (also from China) but I think I'll toss the atomizers and order some Cartomizers from http://Nhaler.com. The only eGo-type shops in Korea seem to be behind by about 6-12 months...

The most well-known Chinese online shops won't ship to Korea. I think the factories have direct contracts with Koreans who keep the prices inflated... I've successfully ordered from this shop several times (delivery time: less than a week): http://www.e-cigarette-china.com/ and I'm waiting on my first order from this shop: http://www.somybox.com/

Oh, but I did pick up a bottle of orange-flavored liquid from an IGA convenience store. C-Rex brand - the juices probably re-branded Dekang and the e-cigs were probably 801s. The juices are reasonably priced 8-10,000 for 10mL bottles. I'm not sure if they're in all IGA's and the one I was at was basically a Lotto smoke shop anyway... they only had one fridge packed with beer and sodas. But keep an eye out, C-Rex has a decent flavor list.

rdytoquit: Korea may still be considered a smoking country. The chain coffee shops mostly have smoking rooms and any place that doesn't is fair game for smokers anyway. Restaurants, bars, and bathrooms can be smoky places sometimes. I haven't tried vaping in a non-smoking area but I generally try to keep it in line with smokers... except that I stay away from those coffee shop smoking fishbowls - I'd rather step into the hallway or outside. And the occasional stealth-vape in an empty hallway or elevator.

Last edited:

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Dropped by a Janty Korea (Ovale) store today. Interesting that they sell eGo-T's (Type A). I already have too many batteries so I didn't ask about the price of a starter kit but the tank atomizers are 26,000 won for the TAWA (Throw AWAy - heh, I love that Konglish) and 52,000 for the one with a 6 month warranty... I'm not sure I communicated well enough but if it tastes bad, they'll take it back? That might solve all my problems with eGo-Ts but at 52,000 won... each? They also sell eGo Cartomizers for 7,000 won... but asked me to come back tomorrow because that branch didn't have any today.

Sidenote: not sure why, but their eGo-T cartridges have a hard plastic bottom, not the silicone caps everyone else has talked about. Oh and they keep a HUGE selection of juice in stock.

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
Dropped by Janty/Ovale again... they only had 1 cartomizer, and damn it's big and a PITA to fill. After questioning the 2 men who worked there (broken Korean, broken English, bad Konglish), they said the only difference about the TAWA is that it doesn't have a 6 month warranty (After Service)... and I noticed they do have Type B, which both men also recommended. So, I picked up one of each... By the way, they charge 37,000 won for 20ml of juice. Yikes!

And on the way home, dropped by the Ruyan Store and picked up some more "We-Top" (Go-go) cartomizers... and they guy threw in a 901 cartomizer for free (or is it a Go-go 1mL carto?) which is awesome because I actually do have some 901s and I may just go back for more of those, too...

Anyway, the construction if the Ovale eGo-T's seem slightly different than the Chinese shop models... the plastic caps are actually useless and seem to leak... but I'm leaving them on and storing upside-down... maybe better taste? Give me a week to break 'em in and I'll report back.

Hindsight is 20-20. The We-Top/Go-go's are probably the best model available at stores in Korea right now...

Yeah, the janty shop is really expensive. Have you ever tried dripping with an LR atty? You can get 5 LR atties, a pack of drip tips, and a cone from eastmall for like $30 total and use them with your ego batteries. I haven't found anything even close to a better vape, but it can be a little messy if you don't have some tissue handy and overfill, but its still less messy than a leaky ego-t. Ive been using the same 2 atties from eastmall for 4 months now with no problems.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
I've had good luck with Greenhouseone getting here, normally 2-3 days from order to door, of course EMS is a bit pricey (17 bucks for my last order of 20 atties), but even with that prices are cheaper than US orders (let alone buying locally).

Also thought I'd let you all know it looks like Malohneys Pub in Seoul isn't doing ecig stuff anymore, the two partners split and somehow the ......ed brother-in-law got the place. When Brenden opens a new location he might start up again, but Concord (just done the road) still has stuff, and Leo (owner) is thinking about stocking more than just Rivas and going into some mods (one specific, very high quality, mod... but nothing decided yet).

I'll be hanging out in that bar most of the time, so feel free to stop by, I've always got spare parts if you need something quick (tons of 510 atties, as well as juice for years). Should be getting my GGTS in soon, so if you want to check one out (I also have the iAtty already, it's on my Provari right now) stop by.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
iAtty is pretty nice, still on my first serious coil (played a bit when I first got it).

I'm generally good on stuff from the US... unless you see some kanthal A-1 32ga, probably going to order some (searched, can't find locally) after the exercise ends this month.

For now Concord is the hang out, and they recently went smoke-free which is nice.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Hey guys. Also 7 years in Korea. Started out with an Anystic I bought in Yonsan... thing gave me nothing but trouble before I tried my hand at 901s a year ago (from China)... didn't manage to quit smoking until I picked up a "We-Top" from a Ruyan Korea store (130,000 for a double starter set - ouch) - it's a Go-go but lately they started carrying clear plastic cartomizers which are actually reasonably priced at 6,000 won each. Sweet. I've been trying my hand at eGo-T's (also from China) but I think I'll toss the atomizers and order some Cartomizers from NHaler • Smoking Alternatives. The only eGo-type shops in Korea seem to be behind by about 6-12 months...

The most well-known Chinese online shops won't ship to Korea. I think the factories have direct contracts with Koreans who keep the prices inflated... I've successfully ordered from this shop several times (delivery time: less than a week): Electronic Cigarette Wholesale - China E-Cigarette Wholesale - Discount electric cigaret - Cheap Mini e-cigarette - Super Cigarette - Buy E-cig From Manufacturer and I'm waiting on my first order from this shop: Wholesale retail cheapest dse901,dse801,iphone 4 case,e cig liquid products direct from China, Dropship Service

Oh, but I did pick up a bottle of orange-flavored liquid from an IGA convenience store. C-Rex brand - the juices probably re-branded Dekang and the e-cigs were probably 801s. The juices are reasonably priced 8-10,000 for 10mL bottles. I'm not sure if they're in all IGA's and the one I was at was basically a Lotto smoke shop anyway... they only had one fridge packed with beer and sodas. But keep an eye out, C-Rex has a decent flavor list.

rdytoquit: Korea may still be considered a smoking country. The chain coffee shops mostly have smoking rooms and any place that doesn't is fair game for smokers anyway. Restaurants, bars, and bathrooms can be smoky places sometimes. I haven't tried vaping in a non-smoking area but I generally try to keep it in line with smokers... except that I stay away from those coffee shop smoking fishbowls - I'd rather step into the hallway or outside. And the occasional stealth-vape in an empty hallway or elevator.

I've gotten stuff from a few chinese vendors, but they can't ship any Janty/Joye products due to the exclusive agreement with JantyKorea. Anything else you should be able to get, haven't seen those two guys so I'll have to take a look.

8-10k for a 10ml bottle isn't bad at all, compared to what Janty charges. I've vaped pretty much everywhere, never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread