Hi there from Copenhagen

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
Hi everyone, Just got into vaping a week ago, and I love it! Not to a small part due to you guys here at ECF providing with me all the information i needed to make an informed decision about hardware and liquid. What a feeling of freedom, i have already been vaping in non-smoker bars and cafés, nightclubs, in the super-market... It's even better than before all these fascist non-smoking laws came along! And the vaping... is really a pleasure. Since i started i am down from 40 analogs to 2-4 a day, and i am fully confident i will quit them altogether soon. Vaping really has everything that i craved from cigarettes. Handling that thing, "smoking" it, the throat hit and of course best of all: Thick plumes of vapor! The taste, well...uh... not convincing as far as the "tobacco" flavors are concerned, have tried a lot of dekang and vinirette (german juice) flavors. None of them really tastes like analogs. But then again i am absolutely loving watermelon and menthol, yummy. I would never have suspected that, since i was on roll-your-own oak-flue-cured kentucky tobacco before. I went with an eGo-T due to the many positive experiences with it on here (and in spite of the negative ones i guess). And i really like my new device, clouds of thick vapor, nice throat hit and really hassle-free and noob-proof opereation. Although that thing also has it's issues, well actually one: It does leak a bit (not all that much) from the mouthpiece/atomizer joint if left horizontal over night, or when i carried horizontally in a pocket. It seems to be an atomizer problem, since changing the mouthpiece didn't help. I have only confirmed that one atomizer behaves like that, let's see what happens with the other one this night. Can't stop reading these forums. I already have set my eyes on my first mod. I think it's gonna be an infinity (or buzz...) with a bulli a2 atomizer. Well, after i saved up some money, which shouldn't be a big deal since a pack of cigarettes costs the equivalent of 6,8 dollars here:blink:

Vapers, keep on vaping!:vapor:

Hi there gotch 23.
Your experience sounds almost exactly like mine. 1 to 1 1/2 PAD. 30+ year smoking habit.
Now, I'm down to 4-6 analogs a day. Planning on making it 3-4/day next month and so on. Should be smoke free by Spring.
Glad to hear that you're avoiding the "stinkies", too.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck in all your future vaping endeavors!

Tracker II

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
Congrats on your great progress gotch and thanks for posting. Your story will encourage others as others have encouraged you - a pay-it-forward if you will. I see you are entering the second phase which is shopping for a mod. I'm in that phase myself and I think researching is half the fun.

Good luck and keep us all updated on your progress.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
thanks for your kind welcome. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

As to what is keeping me to the 2-4? Hmm, good question. For one i still have 35 pouches of tobacco and couple of packs of filters lying around (bummer, i'm never gonna smoke these things, what to do with them? It's not that i know any smokers that would enjoy tobacco that dark and smoky).
And as far as what gets me to pick them up? Not nicotine cravings, because in this department my PV keeps me really happy.
In the beginning it was the flavour, because i think at least the tobacco juices i have don't taste anything like the real thing.
But when i finally light that analog up, i think: ...Hey this doesn't taste that good either. My watermelon or chocolate/menthol vape tastes much better!

The truth is i had been smoking cigarettes for years without giving any thought to the taste. Granted a nice cigar or a pipe of danish tobacco has a nice flavor, but that wasn't really what kept me coming back to smoking. It was the ritual, the throat hit and the nicotine.
I am just so incredulous how well this works and the 2-4 analogs is more like pinching myself in the arm, sort of a reality check: These DO really not taste as good, and they DO NOT give any better nicotine hit.
Since i am so new, i am fully confident that this "pinching myself" phase will be over very shortly.

vapi

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Ohio
I hated watching my analogs go to waste, it's a weird feeling, what to do! I smoked mine until I ran out but sounds like you have a lot left (i only bought 1 pad at a time)! I was always a menthol smoker and didn't think I would enjoy the tobacco flavor but to my surprise, I really like it. It smells like pipe tobacco to me and I always liked the smell of pipes, tastes a lot better than a plain analog too.

clavit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2008
EU
Hi, and welcome from another Dane!
Congrats on your new hobby. Don't worry about the 2-4 cigarettes a day.
I went from about 30 a day to 4-5 a day in no time, but i kept the 4-5 habit for about a month befoe quitting entirely.
I've been vaping for well over two years and i don't miss the burning tobacco at all.
The money you save will buy you all the mods you could ever want, so just go for it :)
The wife and i have saved over 60000Dkr since quitting tobacco, so a Silver Bullet og a GG here and there won't break the bank.....

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
@vapi: Hmm, a nice tobacco flavor would be most welcome, especially a pipe-flavored one, since i really enjoyed a pipe on occasions where i wanted to indulge myself. Got any tips? Anything from china/europe, since ordering from the U.S. is not really feasible for me.

@clavit: Oh wow another dane! Hej med Dig! And a really early adopter of e-cigs at that. How did you get to know about e-cigs that early? It is my feeling that in Denmark things are just starting to take off. Before December i never knew of the existence of e-cigs, let alone saw one. Then i saw a booth at a christmas market selling some and was kind of curious. It was cigarette look-a-likes, really overpriced and with no-nic juices. I kind of liked it though, but discarded it as some kind of gimmick with unknown health risks and since the guy was only selling no-nic juices i figured it wouldn't work as an analog substitute.
Then i bumped into some remarks on another (topically totally unrelated forum) and started to look into it. This is when i found out about this site and i really got hooked on the idea.
But as i said i have the feeling that is taking off now even in good old denmark: My local hardware store advertises with e-cigs now. Although I have my doubts whether these crappy mall-cigs will convert any heavy-puffing dane waned to prince an Orlik tobacco.

@dspin: hi and thanks. Love your avatar!

@Juicehead: Yeah that would be the right thing to do. But because it is so many packs and with considerable monetary value in Denmark and even a special brand i got from Germany i'd feel much better giving it away. But then again who wants to give a gift of poison to his friends...

vapi

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Ohio
@vapi: Hmm, a nice tobacco flavor would be most welcome, especially a pipe-flavored one, since i really enjoyed a pipe on occasions where i wanted to indulge myself. Got any tips? Anything from china/europe, since ordering from the U.S. is not really feasible for me.

The tobacco flavor I using came with prefilled carts in my starter kit, I was disappointed because I didn't want tobacco flavor! I'm glad I tried it. If you are good with chemistry you can mix your own, I think it's called DYI??? There are some discussions and I believe instructions with ratios.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
@vapi: Yes, DIY seems to work well for a lot of people. I have already looked into it a bit. People seem to be really happy with Flavourart flavourings over here in Europe. I guess that will be me next order of juice then. For starters i think i stick to getting their base juice with everything included except the flavours. When you only have to dose the flavours the whole process seems to be less daunting and as far as I understood a syringe is not needed, as a pipette is exact enough... Do you yourself plan getting into DIY?

vapi

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Ohio
Do you yourself plan getting into DIY?

Once I get off the nic completely, I might give it a shot. Depends on how cost effective and time consuming it is. I think it would be a nice hobby, for now I like other people to concoct the flavors. Not sure my taste palette is up to par for something so important 2 me. I bet someone that's good at DIY will also have some tasty culinary skills.

clavit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2008
EU
@clavit: Oh wow another dane! Hej med Dig! And a really early adopter of e-cigs at that. How did you get to know about e-cigs that early?

Actually, it's all my wife's fault :)
She watched a clip on TV2News about e-cigarettes. Apparently, this was the future of smoking, and a starter-kit could be had for only 1500 Dkr. That sent me on a frantic Google-session. I ended up buying a DSE901 on Ebay from Pillbox38 (a.k.a. Jason/TotallyWicked). About 5 minutes after the mailman delivered, i ordered another one for the wife.
I have now been vaping for over two years, and have gone through countless 901 kits, 510's, a couple of cigars, an 801, Janty Sticks, KR808's, an intellicig, homemade box mods and so on.....oh yeah and a Screwdriver :)
Currently, i only use my Silver Bullet and GGTB with C-E2's.
The wife is on Janty Sticks and a BB with 801 atomizers.

I just ordered an Ego-T, and will propably try and build a varivolt device soon.....It never stops :)

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
@vapi: DIY juice DOES seem like a nice hobby, especially since i am avid amateur cook already. You might want to look into getting some flavourless e-juice (with the right ratios of pg/vg/water and most important the exact amount of nicotine) and just add the flavours. This approach seems to me be an easy entry to DYI, since you can't really put yourself into harms way and at least are guaranteed a liquid with the right smoking properties. Only thing that could go wrong is that it tastes like A...

@vapNfool: hi and thanks! You are so right, have to get rid of these tobacco pouches quick. I am so stoked about vaping anyway...
Thanks for the tip about backwoodsbrew. Bookmarked it. For the time being they don't ship to europe, but they write that they're working on it. Oh well, i'll check back later...

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
@clavit:
Apparently, this was the future of smoking, and a starter-kit could be had for only 1500 Dkr.
lol, ridiculous. As late as this December the guy at the christmas-market wanted 800 dkr for a single mini. I think a lot of potential vapers get scared off by either ridiculously high prices and or crappy quality of the e-cigs they might bump into in the offline-world.
I hope this situation changes, when (if?) e-cigs get more widespread.
That sent me on a frantic Google-session. I ended up buying a DSE901 on Ebay from Pillbox38 (a.k.a. Jason/TotallyWicked). About 5 minutes after the mailman delivered, i ordered another one for the wife.
I have now been vaping for over two years, and have gone through countless 901 kits, 510's, a couple of cigars, an 801, Janty Sticks, KR808's, an intellicig, homemade box mods and so on.....oh yeah and a Screwdriver :)
But it seems you and your wife got off to a flying start. A good thing to be internet-literate, eh? Seems you have tried pretty much all the major e-cig systems. When you and your wife end up with the silver/black bullet there must be something about it. I also saw that a lot of other people like it. Is it just longer battery life and the feel of quality that you like compared to the other e-cigs, or does it produce tastier/more/harder hitting vapor as well, compared to a say ego/510? My only point of reference is the eGo-T that i am vaping right now though. The noob in me thinks that batteries that operate at the same voltage are probably are comparable, and it is the attys carts that make the difference, or...? Upon your remark i also looked up the CE2. I guess i'll try some of these for sure. They aren't really that expensive anyway. What is it that you like about them compared to other cartomizers/atomizers?
Not that i am dissatisfied with my eGo-T... now that i'm hooked on vaping, i just want to see if there is something even better. I guess there's no such thing as too much vapor, right? I'll look into some VV devices straight away and experiment a little with different atomizers, cartomizers and such. As an ex-smoker Dane, you suddenly have a lot of spare money on your hands right?:rolleyes:

@cherie: hi, thanks and welcome to you as well. And you're right everything is bliss in vaping land

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread