The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi to all the new and experienced vapers. This is day 16 without smoking for my wife and I.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by _JB_, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. _JB_

_JB_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2014
    Michigan
    Like many we started out with a cheap ego starter kit with 650 batteries. We soon realize that 2 batteries was not going to get it for 2 people so we bought another ego starter that included 2 1100 twists. This was good for a few days until my twist died so I found a better shop and purchased a 1300 Vision Spinner to replace the dead Twist. The CE4's that came with the kits see very little use anymore. I use a couple V-Tox bottom coils now and my wife uses 1 too along with A Kanger top coil of some sort.
    I wish I had know of this forum before making any equipment purchases since I think we could have done a lot better. We did do well with out 1st juice purchase, we have tried a few others but we both still prefer the 1st one we tried.
    There are so many equipment options out there its a bit overwhelming but I'm sure that this forum will be a huge help.
    Ever after just 16 days without smoking we both feel much better and look forward to that trend continuing.
    Glad to be a member of the vaping community.:vapor:

2. wedoitall

wedoitall Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I too am new, looks like a lot newer than you :) at vaping. All the different options is overwhelming. If you find something good please let me know

3. keonee

keonee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2013
    USA
    Welcome _JB_ to ECf. Congrats to you and you and your wife being 16 days free of cigarettes.

This forum is full of knowledge and the members here are very friendly....so don't hesitate asking a question.

Glad you like your new setup and found an e-liquid that you enjoy.

Good Luck to You and Your Wife.

4. DetraMental

DetraMental Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2013
    United States
    Hello and Welcome _JB_. You and your wife are doing great, keep up the good work and keep us posted! :vapor:

5. Redmax

Redmax Full Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Savannah, GA, USA
    Welcome to ECF. I am just 22 days free myself. Like you, both my wife and I are on quitting journey. You are right about landing on this forum before purchasing. It would have saved some money. So, in the future when I talk to smokers I will direct them here for number of reasons.

Much success to you and the Mrs.

6. _JB_

Feb 9, 2014
    Michigan
    Thanks keonee, Glad be be here among friendly people.

7. _JB_

Feb 9, 2014
    Michigan
    Thanks DetraMental, I Appreciate the welcome and encouragement.

8. ativ

ativ Full Member Verified Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Palm Coast, Fl
    Welcome to the forum JB. It is so much better to start vaping with a partner. Lot of luck to ya's.

9. _JB_

Feb 9, 2014
    Michigan
    I feel a bit new to make specific recommendations but I will say that some experimenting is required to find what works for you. I would have liked to have started out with some better quality batteries. I have had 2 of my ego's apart and was able to repair one of them. I would also suggest that you find a shop that deals specifically in Vaping products. My 1st purchase was from a tobacco store that had vaping stuff as a sideline. The were more worried about making money than selling me something of decent quality plus they only gave a 72 hour warranty. My 2nd purchase was from Ebay. I still have not heard back about my ego Twist failure.
    There seems to be many clones and fakes out there so be careful what you buy and who you buy it from.
    "You don't get what you don't pay for"

10. Buggainok

Buggainok Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2014
    oklahoma city ok usa
    Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new, but want to recommend this great little starter ego set made by Kanger. I have it and like it a lot. I also purchased one for my young adult granddaughter who wants to start vaping.

It comes with 2 batteries, so you can use one and keep one charged up. It has everything you need except the juice. If you enter the code ECF at checkout, you get a 10% discount, so the cost is about $30, and free shipping. This is a reliable vendor with good customer service if you should need it. Here is a link:

Kanger EVOD eGo Full Kit - Vaping Me

There are of course many more advanced options, but I've been using mine since I started and find it easy and uncomplicated. I'm not smoking, and that was my goal.

PS I just noticed that the kit also comes with 5 replacement heads, which is a good bonus.

11. Jwaterski

Jwaterski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    OKC, OK
    Congrats to you both!!! No mater what you paid for those first kits, it was a deal of a lifetime. YOU BOTH quit smoking!!!!

12. _JB_

Feb 9, 2014
    Michigan
    I agree ativ. I tried to quit smoking alone before and it did not work well at all. Vaping made it real easy this time for both of us.

13. _JB_

Feb 9, 2014
    Michigan
    You are so right Jwaterski, in the end its not about the money its about the health.

14. TheReign

TheReign Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    Kaua'i - Nevada
    You'll break even on the new toys you've got, And then you'll have G.A.S. = Gear Acquisition Syndrome. Breaking even and a little more is always a good thing cause then you can get more gear and experiment more! Congratulations on switching over, Your lungs will thank you!

15. _JB_

Feb 9, 2014
    Michigan
    I have an app for my phone that says that I break even today. I have a touch of GAS already but still am in the research mode. I like the products from Innokin. I am kind of a tech junkie so I am catching on fast, I think anyway:unsure:

16. rah1224

rah1224 Full Member

Jun 15, 2013
    waterford, ct, usa
    Awesome... keep it up... I have been off the stinkies for about a year and a half, but beware, you can get addicted to PV's and toppers...

17. Chawg

Chawg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    Irving, Texas
    Grats on you 16th day! I'm on day seven...again. lol

18. bali.loop

bali.loop Full Member

Jan 28, 2014
    NW Arkansas
    and ejuices... man I think I've almost spent as much on flavors as I have on gear at this point. Anyway, congrats! This is the best thing you and your wife could have done!

19. bali.loop

bali.loop Full Member

Jan 28, 2014
    NW Arkansas
    Hey now, practice makes perfect, right?

20. Deeo

Deeo Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Congratulations on Day 16! :vapor:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.